Total battles... (PvP, PvE, Ranked, Ops...)

Estimated_Prophet

You used to be able to go to any of your own posts in the (old) forum, and below your name it would display your (absolute?) total battles played.

(I went to the old forum just now. Of course you can't log in, but the information was still there, seemingly, when I found one of my posts.)

When the (old) forum finally goes bye-bye completely; is there anywhere we can look to see our total battles played?

(Looked under 'Players' on the main web site. It displays PvP, PvE, and Ranked, but not my total battles played, (which includes, or used to include, Ops.)

Are Ops no longer tracked in any form?

Call it OCD, but I track my battles played, so the ship info displays a nice round, (divisible by 5,) number.

If Ops are going to be completely ignored for total battles played, or the information isn't accessible in any form, that's fine. I can play ops and maybe get a few more anniversary pass tokens. (Sure as flip can't get many in PvE, since the bxp threshold is 400 bxp.)

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
typos

4 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

You used to be able to go to any of your own posts in the (old) forum, and below your name it would display your (absolute?) total battles played.

(I went to the old forum just now. Of course you can't log in, but the information was still there, seemingly, when I found one of my posts.)

When the (old) forum finally goes bye-bye completely; is there anywhere we can look to see our total battles played?

(Looked under 'Players' on the main web site. It displays PvP, PvE, and Ranked, but not my total battles played, (which includes, or used to include, Ops.)

Are Ops no longer tracked in any form?

Call it OCD, but I track my battles played, so the ship info displays a nice round, (divisible by 5,) number.

If Ops are going to be completely ignored for total battles played, or the information isn't accessible in any form, that's fine. I can play ops and maybe get a few more anniversary pass tokens. (Sure as flip can't get many in PvE, since the bxp threshold is 400 bxp.)

You could test it. Look at the total battles on the forum, your WG account, and maybe the stat tracking site. And see if the total changes on those sources after playing a OP. Give it a minute to clear on the server I suppose. 

The API still probably pulls (updates) that info when looking at the old WG forums.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Rollingonit said:

You could test it. Look at the total battles on the forum, your WG account, and maybe the stat tracking site. And see if the total changes on those sources after playing a OP. Give it a minute to clear on the server I suppose. 

The API still probably pulls (updates) that info when looking at the old WG forums.

Hmmm... Somewhat accidentally, I managed to do what you said.

If you mean look at WoWs Stats and Numbers, the Co-op game I just played was added, but that site doesn't display total games played.

I tried to click on the 'All Games' tab, but it just continued to show my PvP total.

Did they ever fix the API on that site, to track Sub games, and some newer ships? I thought there was some issue with that.

typos

8 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Hmmm... Somewhat accidentally, I managed to do what you said.

If you mean look at WoWs Stats and Numbers, the Co-op game I just played was added, but that sight doesn't display total games played.

I tried to click on the 'All Games' tab, but it just continued to show my PvP total.

Did they ever fix the API on that site, to track Sub games, and some newer ships? I thought there was some issue with that.

Yah, I checked that too. I dont think the stat tracking website ever tracked OPs. Im not even sure if it was ever counted in total battles on the old WG forum (if it was, I think it should still be, that's where Id look estimated. Look to see if the total games played changes on the old website/forum when you play an op). 

As for that API with the subs and stuff, I think it was updated to track them properly now. 

Ops have always been weirdly sidelined from that stuff. I have my theories why, but they are not verifiable without internal WG data. 

You might have to wait till someone with enough Ops experience who maybe payed more attention to game tracking than me, to chime in.

External stats tracking sites have traditionally only been able to track randoms, co-op, and ranked battles, as that’s all that was included in the ModAPI to pull from (and is what your in-game stats page shows). No ops, no limited event modes, no clan battles.

WG is able to track all battles (including limited event modes), and that total count is what was shown on your forum profile (and the web map things that showed your stats for the year/all time).

With the new updated API, more stuff may eventually be trackable on third party sites. But for right now, the only place that will actually count all of your battles is the old forum profile if it’s still updating. When that goes down, there’s nothing that tracks you actual total battle count. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Rollingonit said:

Yah, I checked that too. I dont think the stat tracking website ever tracked OPs. Im not even sure if it was ever counted in total battles on the old WG forum (if it was, I think it should still be, that's where Id look estimated. Look to see if the total games played changes on the old website/forum when you play an op). 

As for that API with the subs and stuff, I think it was updated to track them properly now. 

Ops have always been weirdly sidelined from that stuff. I have my theories why, but they are not verifiable without internal WG data. 

You might have to wait till someone with enough Ops experience who maybe payed more attention to game tracking than me, to chime in.

3 hours ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

External stats tracking sites have traditionally only been able to track randoms, co-op, and ranked battles, as that’s all that was included in the ModAPI to pull from (and is what your in-game stats page shows). No ops, no limited event modes, no clan battles.

WG is able to track all battles (including limited event modes), and that total count is what was shown on your forum profile (and the web map things that showed your stats for the year/all time).

With the new updated API, more stuff may eventually be trackable on third party sites. But for right now, the only place that will actually count all of your battles is the old forum profile if it’s still updating. When that goes down, there’s nothing that tracks you actual total battle count. 

Okay.

Did a Co-op game, (as I said previously,) and now a Ops game. (Bleagh... It was Newport; which I despise; rather than Narai, which someone mentioned the Op seemed to be stuck on.)

Main site profile reflected only the Co-op game.

Main site (old) forum (total beneath your avvy on a post,) reflected both.

So; ultimately; worry about how many game/ship I've played in Ops is meaningless, because I couldn't see the totals even if I wanted to.

Midnight seems to be saying your total games will be reflected in the review splash they give players at the end of the year.

Also that when the (old) forum does go down finally, that you won't be able to see your total battles number, until they give you the review again. (If that total is actually given.)

Slightly related; I happy to hear it seems the updated the api for the site I mentioned; if true.

Even if they don't actually track Ops details there; I wish something would report total games, since we're going to lose that from the (old) forum.

6 hours ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

...and that total count is what was shown on your forum profile (and the web map things that showed your stats for the year/all time).

This.

6 hours ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

....if it’s still updating.

Sadly no...that happens only if someone actually posts something......