Anniversery Event Currency

Gillhunter

I understand why, but don't like having a "special" currency for this event. I wish that you just got awarded in one of the normal currencies. The rewards seem kinda lame to me this year, nothing I really desire. Maybe I'm just getting old and grouchy.

Isn't the currency (tokens) there so you can exhange them for things of your own choosing, as opposed to the old system where you got the SC at tier X, varying numbers of steel and coal going down tierwise and so on.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Isn't the currency (tokens) there so you can exhange them for things of your own choosing, as opposed to the old system where you got the SC at tier X, varying numbers of steel and coal going down tierwise and so on.

Yes,I guess. It's just that nothing available in the armory for the currency appeals to me. I would rather just have coal, steel or doubloons so I could spend on what I want. 

• Like 2

Interestingly enough, there's no steel or coal. Potentially, are the best picks going to be the super containers?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Interestingly enough, there's no steel or coal. Potentially, are the best picks going to be the super containers?

I think you’re right. 

• Like 1

In my experience, Super Containers are always disappointing.  I should have enough ships to get the coupon for a free ship assuming I am motivated enough to play them enough to farm the tokens. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Ignore my previous post, for some reason I was unable to make comments under the Admiral's quote.

Yes, Admiral, I agree.  There is not much to look at besides the SC ( or perhaps the retro wave boxes).   There is an odd case of two apparently identical offers for green bonuses with different prices, although, I think WG simply inserted the same image for both. 

59 minutes ago, Gillhunter said:

I would rather just have coal, steel or doubloons so I could spend on what I want. 

That's the Christmas event: coal for Tier 5-7, steel for Tier 8-9, Santa crates (in some denomination) for Tier 10.

Usually the Anniversary event just had camos/economic bonuses for mid-tier ships. This time, even someone who only reached Tier 7 can buy some Supercontainers, possibly rolling a premium ship instead of just some boosters.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

In my experience, Super Containers are always disappointing.  I should have enough ships to get the coupon for a free ship assuming I am motivated enough to play them enough to farm the tokens. 

They aren't always disappointing, they are just overwhelmingly disappointing perhaps. It's a free gamble, though, so if it's nothing gained, it really isn't anything lost either.

5 minutes ago, PrairiePlayer said:

Ignore my previous post, for some reason I was unable to make comments under the Admiral's quote.

Yes, Admiral, I agree.  There is not much to look at besides the SC ( or perhaps the retro wave boxes).   There is an odd case of two apparently identical offers for green bonuses with different prices, although, I think WG simply inserted the same image for both. 

I had a look at the retro wave boxes, but I'm not interested in the bonus packages, and the camos I rather skip, the congratulatory camos are nice but I already got them all.

Personally I'm looking forwards to getting a free Tier 8 since I already have the Bayard and some supercontainers ... maybe I'll roll something useful like another ship or some doubloons.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PrairiePlayer said:

Yes but one of the green boosters are limited, like the blue are limited.

The first anniversary event I can remember they gave you a crap ton of signals per 1000 of games. I don't remember the full details but I know by the end of the event I had enough signals and then some for the next 12 months.

2 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

They aren't always disappointing, they are just overwhelmingly disappointing perhaps. It's a free gamble, though, so if it's nothing gained, it really isn't anything lost either.

Yeah just saying "in my experience".  I can think of nothing of note that I have gotten from a SC.   IMHO the best use of the tokens is the free ship that is assuming you don't already have all offered and you have enough ships in port to farm the tokens. 

• Like 2

Just like at Christmas (with the certificates we had on Tier X ships), I prefer it this way. In the old system, you got "the reward," which was either a SC or small Santa Crate for Tier X, and bonuses/signals or coal/steel for lower tier ships (depending on whether it's the anniversary or Christmas).

Christmas last year, you could either get the "1 small Santa Crate per Tier X ship" reward as in previous years, or "convert" them to fewer of the big or mega crates. So you had the choice between more chances at a lower reward table, or fewer chances but pulling from a higher table with better rewards and odds. For the anniversary this year, you can choose to go all in on SCs (rather than only getting SCs if you had Tier X ships), you can pick a guaranteed Tier VIII ship/discount on a select set of other TIer VIII ships, you can pick up more bonuses. You have the choice of what rewards you want, and can mix and match depending on what you'd like to get.

• Like 1

I already picked up the Bayard in the first couple of days. Now I am just farming supercontainers. So far the best ones I have had were a week of premium and 7.5K coal.

Edited by _KlRlTO_

1 hour ago, _KlRlTO_ said:

Edited by _KlRlTO_
Trying to delete an accidental duplicate from editing.