1st Anniversary Mission/Light

AdmiralThunder

So WG requires us to complete a special Anniversary mission to turn the 1st light green on the website thingamabob. However, in their infinite wisdom and desire to make every bloody thing we have to do so GD difficult, they have failed to tell us how to get the 🤬mission!

My guess is you need to watch something (official stream maybe?) or get a code but it tells you NOTHING about how to get that mission that I can see anywhere. No one I have asked seems to know how either. I have watched all the streams (except official one as it is hasn't been on when I can as usual), applied all codes I can find, clicked every button in articles, and done every mission I have got so far and that 1st light is still grayed out so I haven't got what I need to start the mission.

Any clues or tips would be appreciated.

WHY must they make everything so convoluted and difficult. Just give us the the 🤬🤬🤬missions and stop making us play scavenger hunt all the time!

1.thumb.jpg.9647d83d0864c37336056fd1812f2341.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.50e864952e09c9c47509be0f43017313.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

39 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

You can click all the puzzle pieces and collect the missions at the same time (3 of them total). I have done them and they aren't it.

I am starting to think this requires watching the official stream. I checked drops and rewards and it shows Anniversary Mission 1 was available this week. Of course I missed it as their streams are only on at certain times on certain days. IF it only comes from the official stream which would be very likely with WG I missed it. I got everything else you could from Twitch so should have got that if available from non official streams. Sure would have been nice to know that was required to get that light done.

Their communication is so bad it is laughable. I hate how they make us hunt and seek, jump through hoops and hurdles, etc... to find this stuff. AT LEAST clearly explain HOW we get the stuff vs just saying you need a special mission and then not telling us how to get it.

Pretty sure I missed the mission. Hopefully we can get one next week.

1.jpg

Edited by AdmiralThunder

I watched this weeks stream and rest assured there was nothing mentioned about this mission.

The only 'extra' was a mystery drop.

drps1.png

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Capt_Kremenski said:

I watched this weeks stream and rest assured there was nothing mentioned about this mission.

drps1.png

So... what's your situation with the navigator lights then?

1 minute ago, Yedwy said:

Might be a Discord drop, not that I give a f* about their morsels

Yeah, but isn't this supposed to be a WoWS Anniversary thingy, no Discord specified anywhere. That's part of the mystery, the 'requirements' or 'conditions' or whatever...

I got one light so far.  On the 9/14 birthday cake the upper left puzzle says a code will be available on the community tab of WoWs Youtube today;  I don't see it.

7 minutes ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

I got one light so far.  On the 9/14 birthday cake the upper left puzzle says a code will be available on the community tab of WoWs Youtube today;  I don't see it.

Perhaps it's written in invisible ink?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Perhaps it's written in invisible ink?

Yeah, maybe white font.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Monalie477 said:

I just gave up trying to figure it out.

Having gone over the article, and Discord discussions, I'm none the wise and agree that your suggestion seems the best for sanity's sake.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

So WG requires us to complete a special Anniversary mission to turn the 1st light green on the website thingamabob. However, in their infinite wisdom and desire to make every bloody thing we have to do so GD difficult, they have failed to tell us how to get the 🤬mission!

My guess is you need to watch something (official stream maybe?) or get a code but it tells you NOTHING about how to get that mission that I can see anywhere. No one I have asked seems to know how either. I have watched all the streams (except official one as it is hasn't been on when I can as usual), applied all codes I can find, clicked every button in articles, and done every mission I have got so far and that 1st light is still grayed out so I haven't got what I need to start the mission.

Any clues or tips would be appreciated.

WHY must they make everything so convoluted and difficult. Just give us the the 🤬🤬🤬missions and stop making us play scavenger hunt all the time!

1.thumb.jpg.9647d83d0864c37336056fd1812f2341.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.50e864952e09c9c47509be0f43017313.jpg

Ok, the world is going to end.......tribulations have arrived

IF,  the Grand Poo-bah of PVE; the exulted co-leader of those vicious COOP monsters;  purveyor of knowledge of all things WOWS;  and,  a trusted and counted on "source" of WoWs nuances, can't figure this out;  and,  is ASKING FOR HELP..........we are screwed.  No Joke.

That's it, I am re inventorying my bug out bags; reloading the basic loads of ammo; adding to my cache's and sending out the "gather" signals for my clan. 

This is the way......

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Honestly I haven't done any of these light missions except the first one where we got 2 containers of some sort ... I can't keep track of all these events and missions. It seems like every patch we have like 2 different kinds of tokens and their associated missions, a dockyard event, and usually something else on top of that. It's insane!

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, CFagan_1987 said:

Honestly I haven't done any of these light missions except the first one where we got 2 containers of some sort ... I can't keep track of all these events and missions. It seems like every patch we have like 2 different kinds of tokens and their associated missions, a dockyard event, and usually something else on top of that. It's insane!

You know that old business saying:  "the more you can reduce a patron's profit, the more revenue you earn off of their loss...."   And, here we are:  confused, ambiguous, dissembled and vague -  and, we wonder who is making Profit or Revenue....?  Not us !

• Like 2

If you look at that mural thing, those are clickable boxes and they give either missions or tell you what to do. Looks like there are codes in their YouTube videos that help unlock crap. Guessing that they may light up the other stuff but honestly, not all that interested myself. 

34 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

If you look at that mural thing, those are clickable boxes and they give either missions or tell you what to do. Looks like there are codes in their YouTube videos that help unlock crap. Guessing that they may light up the other stuff but honestly, not all that interested myself. 

The top right hand box states that a bonus code will be published in the Community tab of their YouTube channel today, but so far there has been sweet FA.

6 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

More likely it would be a code thing, not the stream itself as watching it does nothing per se.

6 hours ago, Capt_Kremenski said:

6 hours ago, I_cant_Swim_ said:

I have no lights, no clue how to activate nothin'.

6 hours ago, Yedwy said:

Might be a Discord drop, not that I give a f* about their morsels

5 hours ago, Monalie477 said:

I just gave up trying to figure it out.

5 hours ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

As far as this Navigator thing with the green/red lights for those who are unsure how it works. If the light is

• GREY = NOT ACTIVE (to activate you might have to watch a stream, redeem a code, read a news article, opt in to/complete all or part of a mission, play a certain game mode, etc... - WG doesn't always tell us in a clear and concise manner sometimes we have to figure it out)
  • RED = ACTIVE (this means it is available to complete - as soon as you do whatever it is needed to be done it finishes)
  • GREEN = COMPLETE (you did whatever it was required)

Note - all lights on the Navigator Bar during the specific event it is for need to be GREEN to collect the reward (might be the reward itself or a mission to earn it).

In this Anniversary event we need to do certain things to ACTIVATE (turn RED) the stages. None come ready to go (I have seem them RED from the get go when the requirement was play a game in a particular mode). From the main article it tells us mostly what we have to do (obviously lacking on some hence my OP)...

• Light 1 - this requires obtaining a Special Anniversary Mission. I have got EVERYTHING to date since the update went live and no joy. The one thing I missed was watching an official stream on Twitch. They show a specific Anniversary Mission I missed so I assume this is it but who the 🤬 knows at this point with all of their cryptic crap and hoops and hurdles they always expect us to solve and jump through.

1.thumb.jpg.708691e4c4659484337b3d180236fdf6.jpg

1.jpg.4c8762d5c1ca9763662608445bd2eae4.j

• Light 2 - this requires going to the WOWS 8th Anniversary Article and scrolling down until you find the Parallel Worlds Section. Opt in on the Mission for the commemorative flag (earn 8888 BXP T5+ ships) to turn Light 2 RED and activate it. Once you finish the mission it turns Light 2 GREEN. 

NA = https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/wows-8th-anniversary/

EU = https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/sales-and-events/wows-8th-anniversary/

SEA = https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/sales-and-events/wows-8th-anniversary/

1.thumb.jpg.662d3dea7646efa3d6164e2baa984389.jpg

1.thumb.jpg.99741e18993a8d0668576182316792e4.jpg

• Light 3 - this one can't be activated yet. This will become available in late September and requires completing the 1st stage of one of the missions chains associated with the Three Kingdoms event. It does not say anything about how to get the missions? Will they be auto assigned, we have to opt in, watch a stream, ??? But we do know in late September look for the Three Kingdoms missions to get whatever we have to so we can turn Light 3 RED to activate it and then finish it and turn Light 3 GREEN.

2.thumb.jpg.31e27cf2dca3bd3b5a9b720353f15d90.jpg

• Light 4 - this one can't be activated yet. This will become available at some point (October?) and requires completing the 1st stage of the mission chain associated with the German Unity Day event. It does not say anything about how to get the mission? Will it be auto assigned, we have to opt in, watch a stream, ??? But we do know in at some point (October?) look for the German Unity Day mission to get whatever we have to so we can turn Light 4 RED to activate it and then finish it and turn Light 4 GREEN.

3.thumb.jpg.8cf85b8ac473f47d77c0a0e92545881a.jpg

• Light 5 - this one can't be activated yet. This will become available at some point in October and requires we "take on the 1st group of combat missions" associated with the Voyage To The North Pole event. It does not say anything about how to get the mission group? Will it be auto assigned, we have to opt in, watch a stream, ??? and what do they mean "take on"? Is that opt in, finish, what? But we do know in at some point in October to look for the Voyage To The North Pole event to get whatever we have to so we can turn Light 5 RED to activate it and then finish it and turn Light 5 GREEN.

4.thumb.jpg.11b2ad941bb4eafde6bde54d09cd52b7.jpg

The mystery of the group seems to be Light 1. Just HORRIBLE communication on WG's part per usual. At least on the others we get enough bread crumbs to have some clue what to do.

Hope this helps those confused by all this. It isn't hard in reality, or shouldn't be, but as so often happens WG needlessly complicates things and is terrible at explaining what we have to do.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

51 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

The missions and codes in the mural thing are for that event alone. They don't translate to the 8th Anniversary event from what I see. I have done the 3 missions from that already and it was not related to Light 1 on the Navigator Bar for the 8th Anniversary which they at least tell us needs a mission to do vs a code or something else. Lights 2-5 on the 8th Anniversary Navigator Bar have clear info (mostly clear ) on what we need to do to finish them (see my post above) and none of it relates to the Mural.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

Just now, AdmiralThunder said:

The missions and codes in the mural thing are for that event alone. They don't translate to the 8th Anniversary event from what I see. I have done the 3 missions from that already and it was not related to Light 1 on the Navigator Bar for the 8th Anniversary which they at least tell us needs a mission to do vs a code or something else. Lights 2-5 on the 8th Anniversary Navigator Bar have clear info on what we need to do to finish them (see my post above) and none of it relates to the Mural.

Ahh ok. Only halfway paying attention and just happened to notice that the mural was clickable.