Warning! There's an Upgrade sale on, and it won't be on for long.

iDuckman

Does "-60% to the cost of expendable camouflage" mean I could spend all my credits on expendable camo today at 40% of value, then sell them tomorrow at 50% of value for 25% profit?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tricericon said:

Does "-60% to the cost of expendable camouflage" mean I could spend all my credits on expendable camo today at 40% of value, then sell them tomorrow at 50% of value for 25% profit?

No fusking wonder I'm not rich...

My issue is that there's two days I could have been taking advantage of the sale -- mostly by playing to the 200% bonus -- that I didn't because I didn't know about it.  It's not even mentioned in the Release Notes.  And in Port the 200% is covered up by Festive Snowflakes.

Edited by iDuckman
  • Like 1

Just now, Admiral_Karasu said:

A 3 day sale? Most generous of WG....

That's common with these deals.  It's a matter of what the three days are.  They've always run Fri Sat Sun.

5 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

That's common with these deals.  It's a matter of what the three days are.  They've always run Fri Sat Sun.

So it's not Anniversary related then? I've never spotted such three day sales before, is this something new?

9 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

So it's not Anniversary related then? I've never spotted such three day sales before, is this something new?

Definitely not new in concept.  Most big events are accompanied by such a sale.  Experienced players know to look for them.  Heretofore they've always run over a weekend so they can be advertised before they actually start. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tricericon said:

No. You have to be out of a given camo in inventory to be able to buy even one if that type, and you can buy only one at a time. So, you buy the one, and you’re not out of it any more.

I did a calculation a while back on the first camo sale after the rework, and it is possible to make a few million credits, if you have zero of many types in inventory.

I am pretty sure it was around three million credits. I went ahead and did it and got the credits, but it was an extremely tedious process.Probably could have cleared as many credits by playing a good T9 premium using rhe same amount of time.

Edited by Utt_Bugglier
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Utt_Bugglier said:

No. You have to be out of a given camo in inventory to be able to buy even one if that type, and you can buy only one at a time. So, you buy the one, and you’re not out of it any more.

I did a calculation a while back on the first camo sale after the rework, and it is possible to make a few million credits, if you zero of many types in inventory.

I am pretty sure it was around three million credits. I went ahead and did it and got the credits, but it was an extremely tedious process.Probably could have cleared as many credits by playing a good T9 premium using rhe same amount of time.

I guess it is never that easy. :classic_laugh: