from the official stream; unintended sneak peek of things to come

BlackAdder1981

Just now, Frostbow said:

That's a deliberate leak.

I wouldn't be surprised; at the very least, the 'Rodney' bit should make a *lot* of Tea enthusiasts shiver in anticipation...

• Like 4

I felt a disturbance in the Force.

image.png.b5d96e1cc20ef41ceb5eb6a5a19612b0.png

As if a million weebs shouted out in exultation. ✌️

Edited by Ensign Cthulhu
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

And Lesta has announced that they will add I-54, a Japanese submarine with a controllable catapult aircraft, into testing.

There will still be many challenges though, for example, I-400-class are very large ones among their peers that would very likely ended up as rather sluggish handling, not to say what amounts of micro-management will be involved when playing a hybrid, aircraft carrying, submarine.

A plenty of material has been collected for potential Soviet CV choices and many were surprised why WG would like to invent a "Project 23 AV" (and curiously make the entire Soviet CV branch as conversions on other hulls) rather than just adapting the Kostromitinov study.

And the key point of concern is that how's the relations between the nascent WG Belgrade and the game's original creator team SPB Lesta Studio recently: are they still cooperating on a limited scale, or WG Belgrade is optimistic about their projected capacities in the near future, despite having to resort to brazen (and widely-panned) copy-pastes of Scharnhorst 43 and Stord 43 for some quick short-term profits?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Project45_Opytny said:

And Lesta has announced that they will add I-54, a Japanese submarine with a controllable catapult aircraft, into testing.

It's all but guaranteed that WE will be getting I-54 as well. Just like we'll be getting those Russian subs, and, I suspect, those balance changes.

I have to admit, it's about time for HMS Rodney though :P

23 hours ago, Sailor_Moon said:

I have to admit, it's about time for HMS Rodney though 😛

Vanguard could really use some company at tier VIII. However, she could also be a replacement for Nelson at tier VII. We don’t need another British tier VII BB.

4 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

Vanguard could really use some company at tier VIII. However, she could also be a replacement for Nelson at tier VII. We don’t need another British tier VII BB.

She's probably the replacement for Nelson though....so Tier VII but with different stats.

Although....a Nelson with 32mm bow/stern plating and super heals could be interesting in tier VIII....

Edited by Sailor_Moon

On 9/14/2023 at 1:50 PM, Project45_Opytny said:

There will still be many challenges though, for example, I-400-class are very large ones among their peers that would very likely ended up as rather sluggish handling, not to say what amounts of micro-management will be involved when playing a hybrid, aircraft carrying, submarine.

A plenty of material has been collected for potential Soviet CV choices and many were surprised why WG would like to invent a "Project 23 AV" (and curiously make the entire Soviet CV branch as conversions on other hulls) rather than just adapting the Kostromitinov study.

And the key point of concern is that how's the relations between the nascent WG Belgrade and the game's original creator team SPB Lesta Studio recently: are they still cooperating on a limited scale, or WG Belgrade is optimistic about their projected capacities in the near future, despite having to resort to brazen (and widely-panned) copy-pastes of Scharnhorst 43 and Stord 43 for some quick short-term profits?

Sailing the Halford is good practice.  🙂  

33 minutes ago, Sailor_Moon said:

She's probably the replacement for Nelson though....so Tier VII but with different stats.

I certainly hope not: she won’t stand out at all at that crowded tier - there are five tier VII British BB premiums (four of them historical!) and two of them are Nelson and Collingwood (a Nelson variant with altered stats/gameplay characteristics). Tier VIII has just Vanguard, and there aren’t a lot of other “historical” options available either unless one wants another KGV hull (the historical Anson or Howe or the original 12-gun KGV design come to mind.)

The interesting thing about a tier VIII Rodney is that WG really wouldn’t have to change too much from Nelson to make her a competitive tier VIII. By far Nelson’s biggest weakness is her massive 26mm nose that is overmatched by so many BBs in her matchmaking spread. Give the ship 32mm plating, some AA buffs, and perhaps an extra knot of speed and she’d be in a pretty good place at tier VIII. It would also be easier to work in her historical torpedo armament at tier VIII, because it would be a bit of a shame if she didn’t have them to lob at Bismarcks in game.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 3

On 9/14/2023 at 4:17 PM, Sailor_Moon said:

It's all but guaranteed that WE will be getting I-54 as well. Just like we'll be getting those Russian subs, and, I suspect, those balance changes.

I have to admit, it's about time for HMS Rodney though 😛

image_2023-09-15_202703051.thumb.png.bd9cb72f462d1997c3c6ef270e735124.png

Car 54, Where Are You?  TV Series  1961–1963
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0054528/

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nevermore135 said:

It would also be easier to work in her historical torpedo armament at tier VIII, because it would be a bit of a shame if she didn’t have them to lob at Bismarcks in game.

Especially now that we have that funny torpedo-launch system the British battlecruiser line uses. 

• Like 1

Rodney would make for a good anniversary reward for the Battle of the Denmark Strait/Hunt for the Bismarck, similar to what they are likely doing with Scharnhorst and Stord 43.

Super Naki is kind of ugh

• Like 1

Until WG starts leaking improvements in the game rewards system (i.e. a determination not to be so miserly and cheap), there isn't much that will excite me in this kind of thing...

...if that was, indeed, their goal.

38 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Until WG starts leaking improvements in the game rewards system (i.e. a determination not to be so miserly and cheap), there isn't much that will excite me in this kind of thing...

...if that was, indeed, their goal.

Their goal is - give less for free and people will buy more incentive… Now if that works out for them or not will be clear soon enough when the next 2 rounds of dividend payouts come round 

14 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Especially now that we have that funny torpedo-launch system the British battlecruiser line uses. 

Ah the Squirly Torps

Edited by Efros

16 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

LUL  The ring tone on my old phone!  Partial opening theme. (Apple will sell you a bad cover but doesn't allow your own ring tones.)  Blatantly stolen from a riding buddy of mine.  People laugh when your phone rings.

That was such a fun series.  I'm surprised not to have seen it in syndication.

Oh!  Full episodes are on YouTube.  Looks like the whole series!

Edited by iDuckman
  • Thanks 1