Karl XIV Johan

Subtle_Octavian

19 minutes ago, Subtle_Octavian said:

Small gun caliber

Same as Mecklenburg.

20 minutes ago, Subtle_Octavian said:

Faces superships

"Oh no, a supership! Mummy, I'm scared!"

Plenty of tech tree battleships at equal tier that will cause you just as much grief. 

• Like 1
  • Bored 3

Tsk. If you are only looking at the main guns and then throwing up your hands and calling it crap based on that you really aren't giving it a fair shake.

The thing is a monster at setting fires. The torpedoes are meme worthy moving at 86 knots and 13.5km worth of range. The ship itself when set up for concealment drops down to having a detection of 10.6km meaning you can actually stealth torp with it. And if you use a flag plus the mods and commander skills its secondary range is 10.5km so if anyone can be spotting you they are almost certainly within secondary range! It has a good hydro that reaches out to 5km.

Sure, you aren't a big bad over-match gunned battleship in the usual sense. However you are an absolute menace to most cruisers and destroyers... and anyone going in for a brawl with you is not going to be dodging most of those torpedoes unless you screwed up your aim. This ship is about timed aggression and turning smaller ships that push its personal space into scrap metal. And for anything really big shoving into you, well its the usual song and dance of where is the rest of your team.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Subtle_Octavian said:

Small gun caliber

Shell catchers everywhere

Low shell damage

Faces superships

1/10

7z66yg.thumb.jpg.e1072afb7f2e5e84dd0d45df7a670a8f.jpg

She's aesthetically pleasing to me, that's about it 😄

5 hours ago, Subtle_Octavian said:

Small gun caliber

Shell catchers everywhere

Low shell damage

Faces superships

1/10

you know what Johan brought to this game?

For just 60 euros people now can press W and die instantly.

ty wargaming

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

I want one, but she'll keep until she's available 'ship only' and/or falls out of a Satan Box...

Isn't there a 'ship only', for 'only' 19 900 or so dubs?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sailor_Moon said:

7z66yg.thumb.jpg.e1072afb7f2e5e84dd0d45df7a670a8f.jpg

She's aesthetically pleasing to me, that's about it 😄

Same here, I'm actually very close at pulling the trigger for her just because of that. Performance be dammed, if I'm going to sink then i want to look beautiful. Squidward Beautiful.

HandsomeSquidward.thumb.gif.9e4f0ad5432e1aefc0322e493d7f838a.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Sidelock said:

Same here, I'm actually very close at pulling the trigger for her just because of that. Performance be dammed, if I'm going to sink then i want to look beautiful. Squidward Beautiful.

HandsomeSquidward.thumb.gif.9e4f0ad5432e1aefc0322e493d7f838a.gif

back-to-the-future-exactly-z5it8o8vdr8np1of.thumb.gif.21787d0dda90a7989e55d7efdac235ab.gif

Why else do you think I struggle constantly with the extremely subpar performance that is California? Because she looks amazing to me!!!  💕🤗💕

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Isn't there a 'ship only', for 'only' 19 900 or so dubs?

Oooo, so there is...

Thanks - I'd assumed it was the usual bloated bundling. Reading is hard...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sailor_Moon said:

back-to-the-future-exactly-z5it8o8vdr8np1of.thumb.gif.21787d0dda90a7989e55d7efdac235ab.gif

Why else do you think I struggle constantly with the extremely subpar performance that is California? Because she looks amazing to me!!!  💕🤗💕

De1xPR8UwAA-oJX.thumb.jpg.8ad1c46934d9ac882daaa11073cbf722.jpg

Well, I AM the idiot that calls Monarch his Waifu just because i like the triple gun design. Same with US Hybrids (Louisiana specifically), Kansas/Minnesota/Vermont and Anhalt/Zieten, they look cool. So yeah, I'm with you.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sidelock said:

De1xPR8UwAA-oJX.thumb.jpg.8ad1c46934d9ac882daaa11073cbf722.jpg

Well, I AM the idiot that calls Monarch his Waifu just because i like the triple gun design. Same with US Hybrids (Louisiana specifically), Kansas/Minnesota/Vermont and Anhalt/Zieten, they look cool. So yeah, I'm with you.

Hey now, I prefer Monarch's turret layout to KGV's. Much nicer ~-~°(^_^)°v~-~

Minnesota is literally a Tier IX California-style design, so I love it on that merit alone XD It's also a solid battleship that can actually fulfill her heavyweight sniper role, UNLIKE California.... 😛

5 hours ago, Verblonde said:

Oooo, so there is...

Thanks - I'd assumed it was the usual bloated bundling. Reading is hard...

To be fair, it’s still a “bloated” bundle by nature of being a tier IX ship. 19.3k doubloons is a pretty steep jump up from the price of most tier VIII ships.

Anyone else remember the time when tier IX ships always had a free (coal, steel, or FXP) method to obtain them?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nevermore135 said:

Anyone else remember the time when tier IX ships always had a free (coal, steel, or FXP) method to obtain them?

Not only that I rember times when FreeXP was the ONLY way to get anything above T8

• Like 1