World of Warhsips 8th Anniversary

Wolfswetpaws

World of Warships 8th. Anniversary 
https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/wows-8th-anniversary/

There's an article and a video and a "graffitti wall" which has tiles which can be mouse-clicked.
Clicking on the tiles reveals a pop-up explaining what each tile provides and/or the conditions of fulfilling the tile's criteria to earn a reward of some type.
image_2023-09-14_084323330.thumb.png.ebb1f4fa7759d4e3241c981016dfa474.png  

Several of the tiles offer missions in-game that don't require additional social-media hoops to be jumped-through.  Check it out for yourself.  🙂 

Also (and I'm tagging @Sailor_Moon because this information was discussed in another topic) there's the Bayard and Admiral Coupon information
image_2023-09-14_084839362.thumb.png.339a98c91c314bc1b7c97967d8d300f4.png  

The "Parallel Worlds" in-game story is briefly explained and the participation rewards are listed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

There's an article and a video and a "graffitti wall" which has tiles which can be mouse-clicked.
Clicking on the tiles reveals a pop-up explaining what each tile provides and/or the conditions of fulfilling the tile's criteria to earn a reward of some type.

I didn't think of trying the mouse click thing while I was there.  Did I miss the clue?

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

I didn't think of trying the mouse click thing while I was there.  Did I miss the clue?

Might need to take lessons from Sherlock Holmes or the Scooby-Doo gang?  🙂 
image_2023-09-14_091149941.thumb.png.462163934e4a497d15afdeaa10d0f64b.png  image_2023-09-14_091300002.thumb.png.0451e91828bdadc32928164a217d268d.png  

• Haha 4

On 9/14/2023 at 3:13 PM, Wolfswetpaws said:

Might need to take lessons from Sherlock Holmes or the Scooby-Doo gang?  🙂 
image_2023-09-14_091149941.thumb.png.462163934e4a497d15afdeaa10d0f64b.png  image_2023-09-14_091300002.thumb.png.0451e91828bdadc32928164a217d268d.png  

Those cartoons are fine memories from my youth years in Sweden in the 70's the various things from Hanna-Barbera, Disney was only shown once a year at christmas (or in movie theathres ofc).

• Like 3

OK, I purchased the Bayard, which I have already'  and,  I don't see the coupon for a free ship?    The coupon in the Armory is only for 50% off???

What did I do wrong?

NEVER Mind.   it took an hour to show up !

Edited by Asym
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, Shaka_D said:

Please don't get me wrong here, I'm not being an ungrateful hack because we know they were largely free, but as for current value of supercontainers, it's only when you get to open a relatively large sample size that you can see how far they've been nerfed. My humble opinion of course. I opened all 110 for the anniversary event, a whopping number and great fun, but honestly, they're definitely different and far less exciting than they used to be. There is none of the eager anticipation anymore in opening them because you know whatever is coming out is of average value. Again my opinion.

I think they need to introduce a rare superdupercontainer to add a little excitement to it all, with something awesome, like 10k steel or 100k coal, or who knows. Am I being a spoiled brat?

First of all, hi! Nice to see you again.

Second, no you're not spoiled. WG has been consistently increasing the grind while reducing the reward. The anniversary event just shows how much the rewards have dropped. I kept track of the rewards the last few years for both the anniversary and Christmas, and the drop this year is staggering. I've gotten ~40% of the last year's rewards this year, I have been cheated out of 3 ship drops as WG did not update the SC ship list this year. And when it comes to boosters, I had a ~50% drop in green boosters compared to last year, and whooping 90% drop in blue boosters.

What WG is doing is stupid. The incentives to play are being reduced again and again, while the game's balance is deteriorating.

When we say the rewards are of low value, we are not ungrateful, we are stating a simple fact. The game cannot thrive if it offers peanuts to players for any form of investment.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Shaka_D said:

I think they need to introduce a rare superdupercontainer to add a little excitement to it all, with something awesome, like 10k steel or 100k coal, or who knows. Am I being a spoiled brat?

Not at all. Had the exact same experience having opened my 110. Quite the meh. That was the last time for me....

• Like 1

On 9/15/2023 at 6:29 PM, Asym said:

OK, I purchased the Bayard, which I have already'  and,  I don't see the coupon for a free ship?    The coupon in the Armory is only for 50% off???

What did I do wrong?

NEVER Mind.   it took an hour to show up !

Ah... that's what the talk about the 'free ship coupon' is about. So, in other words, it's a choice between a huge pile of crap... I mean, a stack of preciously valuable SC's for the tokens, or a guaranteed free ship of your choice from Armory, then.

1 hour ago, Shaka_D said:

Please don't get me wrong here, I'm not being an ungrateful hack because we know they were largely free, but as for current value of supercontainers, it's only when you get to open a relatively large sample size that you can see how far they've been nerfed. My humble opinion of course. I opened all 110 for the anniversary event, a whopping number and great fun, but honestly, they're definitely different and far less exciting than they used to be. There is none of the eager anticipation anymore in opening them because you know whatever is coming out is of average value. Again my opinion.

Welcome aboard! image.gif.e6c02d71baba3f27e944d9eb24a533ab.gif

Did WG sneak in a change to the pass token requirements?

I could have sworn the requirement was a win or 400bxp; but I got the token for a ship just now for 300+ bxp.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

I think the Free Ship coupon is for a free ship from a list of t8's.
I still can't figure out what the love affair WoWs has with t8's is all about.

image.thumb.png.d1013a0eb7bec033c75973cef48dc10c.png

12 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Did WG sneak in a change to the pass token requirements?

I could have sworn the requirement was a win or 400bxp; but I got the token for a ship just now for 300+ bxp.

400 base XP is to get the bonus

2 hours ago, CFagan_1987 said:

400 base XP is to get the bonus

That’s what I’m saying; in a LOSS, I had 325-ish bxp, and at least got the (purple tokens/points.)

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

9 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

That’s what I’m saying; in a LOSS, I had 325-ish bxp, and at least got the (purple tokens/points.)

no, it's always been 300+ Base XP or a Win to clear the token (snowflake)

So your 325 BXP loss cleared the token.

Depending on the number of ships in our port we can get bonus tokens for 400+ Base XP

image.thumb.png.6c483c97fe18c40937f1e4229a7e9a5d.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Grantwhy said:

no, it's always been 300+ Base XP or a Win to clear the token (snowflake)

So your 325 BXP loss cleared the token.

Huh.

I guess I missed something somewhere, or read it wrong.

17 hours ago, Malum0ne said:

I think the Free Ship coupon is for a free ship from a list of t8's.
I still can't figure out what the love affair WoWs has with t8's is all about.

image.thumb.png.d1013a0eb7bec033c75973cef48dc10c.png

Dunno, but they are good for operation players, a little too good in fact since they over shadow the t6' and t7's. I haven't got all of these, but I'd have to think really hard if I need any more of them, even one for free because I don't have a shortage of t8's for operations.

• Like 1