Torpedo tubes on Submarines are indestructible, and are entirely immune to Random HP?

Frostbow

I don't know if you've already seen or read this post over at Reddit, but one made a post that explains in sufficient detail how 'torpedo tubes on submarines never get destroyed', and are entirely immune to 'Random HP'

From the Reddit post:

• The torpedo tubes' HP on Submarines are affected by RNG, just like the other classes.
  • However, they NEVER be destroyed - Once their HP reaches 0, they just stay alive with 0 HP.
  • The chance of being incapacitated also gets Lower as the remaining HP of the tube decreases (20% chance at 100%HP ~ 5% at 0%HP)
  • whereas the tubes on surface ships have a fixed chance of 25% across all the HP.
  • This completely ignores the random module HP system and the destruction of the main armament, while being benefitted by the lower (and gets even lower) chance of the armament incapacitation.

Very interesting.

• Like 1

I can tell you that I have lost functioning of my torpedo tubes at a critical moment and ended up with my sub facing a very happy battleship with nothing to fire.  No, they can't be destroyed, any more than any ship can lose all weapons and be left completely disarmed, but they can be disabled for a time by hits.

And before you say that isn't fair, I'll remind you that Submarines are the only shiptype in the game with a single type of weapon to use (exception being the I-56), so it is quite fair their torpedo tubes don't follow the same mechanics as ships that have other weapons to fight with.

Edited by Jakob Knight
  • Bored 1

53 minutes ago, Jakob Knight said:

any more than any ship can lose all weapons and be left completely disarmed, but they can be disabled for a time by hits.

That's not correct. All ships ( yes, even battleships, tho is rare) can lose MB. It is a common tactic for Des MoInes to shoot out the opponents main guns at close range. Also... just try to play Colbert.... once lost ALL  (four!!)  forward guns 😞

Edited by Andrewbassg
  • Like 2

On 9/13/2023 at 11:16 AM, Frostbow said:

I don't know if you've already seen or read this post over at Reddit, but one made a post that explains in sufficient detail how 'torpedo tubes on submarines never get destroyed', and are entirely immune to 'Random HP'

From the Reddit post:

• The torpedo tubes' HP on Submarines are affected by RNG, just like the other classes.
  • However, they NEVER be destroyed - Once their HP reaches 0, they just stay alive with 0 HP.
  • The chance of being incapacitated also gets Lower as the remaining HP of the tube decreases (20% chance at 100%HP ~ 5% at 0%HP)
  • whereas the tubes on surface ships have a fixed chance of 25% across all the HP.
  • This completely ignores the random module HP system and the destruction of the main armament, while being benefitted by the lower (and gets even lower) chance of the armament incapacitation.

Very interesting.

Well, they can be incapacitated.  I know that much from experience.
Also, enough damage to normally "destroy" a gun-turret or torpedo-tube is likely to nearly sink the Submarine in the process.
So, getting sunk "destroys" the submarine's torpedo tubes "in the process", eh?  🙂 

• Bored 1

1 hour ago, Andrewbassg said:

That's not correct. All ships ( yes, even battleships, tho is rare) can lose MB. It is a common tactic for Des MoInes to shoot out the opponents main guns at close range. Also... just try to play Colbert.... once lost ALL  (four!!)  forward guns 😞

I didn't say 'lose MB'.  I said 'lose -ALL- weapons'.  A Sub only has torpedoes to fire, and having them destroyed means it is left without weapons.  A Colbert or Des Moines that loses all its main battery still has secondaries.  A Zao that loses its MB still has secondaries and torpedoes.  For a ship to lose all ability to fight, it is basically dead before that can happen.

5 hours ago, Jakob Knight said:

I didn't say 'lose MB'.  I said 'lose -ALL- weapons'.  A Sub only has torpedoes to fire, and having them destroyed means it is left without weapons.  A Colbert or Des Moines that loses all its main battery still has secondaries.  A Zao that loses its MB still has secondaries and torpedoes.  For a ship to lose all ability to fight, it is basically dead before that can happen.

But each torpedo tube would need to be destroyed individually, the same as any other ship. I see no reason why a Balao should have 10 indestructible weapon modules when a Halland has 4 destructible weapon modules(11 if you count the much more fragile AA mounts, which I won't for fighting other ship hulls). Why does the Halland have the potential to be left without weapons, where Balao doesn't?

And let's be real: any ship that has had every armament module destroyed has already almost certainly has lost so much HP that it's fate has been decided at that point. It's extremely unlikely that either the Balao or the Halland would still be afloat after every weapon was destroyed(though with the RNG nature of the HP pools, it would be possible); I'm arguing this more out of principle than anything else.

6 hours ago, Jakob Knight said:

Druid? And yes it happend to me so I am afraid your argument is a no argument

Edited by Yedwy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Yedwy said:

Druid? And yes it happend to me so no your argument is a no argument

I second this.

However on a sub you usually don't live long enough to lose your weapons anyway if you are getting hit. 

7 minutes ago, EXEC_HYMNE_Ar_tonelico said:

However on a sub you usually don't live long enough to lose your weapons anyway if you are getting hit. 

OFC its not a regular occurence on any ship by far BUT having an entire class that has a completely different mechanic of her modules to everbofdy else, well lets just remember the CV fire duration and unability to detonate...

WGs pet projects will be pet projects, however I smell a new shitst*rm in the air

• Like 3

I personally dislike using "detonations" as part of arguments because they are entirely negateable anyway. Though I get what you mean when it comes to consistency. Subs don't have a heal to balance out the issue of their main weapon not being able to be permanently disabled.

In the end of it it's still inconsistent to the rest. However since CVs aren't the only class with special treatment anymore I personally see it as 3 surface ship classes in the category of surface ship and 2 special classes with more specialized mechanics. If it stays as such I feel that the special treatment is fine as a selling point for unique class gameplay.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, EXEC_HYMNE_Ar_tonelico said:

I personally see it as 3 surface ship classes in the category of surface ship and 2 special classes with more specialized mechanics. If it stays as such I feel that the special treatment is fine as a selling point for unique class gameplay.

Yeah.... the problem is the PvP aspect of the game. From that pov this is inexcusable. coz the gameplay difference is already there, by virtue of vastly different capabilities and playstyle differences.

Then again, Wargambling sees this game as a soup, in which they can throw everything, mindlessly and still "smells good". PvP, arcade,  mobile games stupidity and lets not forget the oh so hyped "historical accuracy". 

P.S Fun fact, this kind of soup is called ciorba in my parts of the world, and during communist times , when there were shortages of pretty much everything, it was a common, last resort meal. People throw in it everything they still had around and man ....sometimes it was phenomenal . 🙂

• Like 5

This is how WG envisions the game to be unfortunately. They want the gameplay to differ this much then its going to go down that route. It's also why there are so many restrictions in tournaments and clan battles.

WG is aware though for random battles they want it to be that way.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, EXEC_HYMNE_Ar_tonelico said:

This is how WG envisions the game to be unfortunately.

I m afraid WG (or at least the guys calling the shots) is not envisioning farther then next quaterly finantial report and corrisponding bonus, everything they are doing in last couple of years literally screams that

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

I m afraid WG (or at least the guys calling the shots) is not envisioning farther then next quaterly finantial report and corrisponding bonus, everything they are doing in last couple of years literally screams that

Their flawed concept still running for all those years and only continuing is a success story of it's own though. 

It's difficult to objectively judge without knowing what leads them to continue with what us perceived as "bad" development 

4 hours ago, EXEC_HYMNE_Ar_tonelico said:

Their flawed concept still running for all those years and only continuing is a success story of it's own though. 

It's difficult to objectively judge without knowing what leads them to continue with what us perceived as "bad" development 

I am not even saying its bad, bad is a relative term anyways but chaotic and unconsistent, that it is and when you pile layer upon layer of that one over another, well...

As for their "success story", well basically 0 competition (or 1 if we count WT even if the games are not quite aligned) and we dont know how much of their income really comes from which game, much less from which part of the game economy... IMHO they are (together with many other game devs ofc) riding on the wave of legal unregulated and untaxed gambling and as soon as the state regulative bodies catch up with that little fact it will likely be "game over" for many mobile game devs and similar entities outside places like China and 3rd world countires due to regulation and taxes. However untill then they are miliking us all (playerbase) for cash while "taking us for the ride"

Edited by Yedwy
  • Like 1

If you still see value in the original topic we should try to steer back to it. If you feel the topic to be spent then I will lock it.

• Like 1