Ocean Map!

SunkCostFallacy

The Ocean Map is back to it's old, untainted, self!

I wonder if it was always the plan to do that, or if WG got sick of people complaining about it.

Either way ... YAY! biggrinsmiley.gif.689f09f85f998644f7f437c5aab52759.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, SunkCostFallacy said:

The Ocean Map is back to it's old, untainted, self!

I wonder if it was always the plan to do that, or if WG got sick of people complaining about it.

Either way ... YAY! biggrinsmiley.gif.689f09f85f998644f7f437c5aab52759.gif

As I recall, they turned it 180 degrees several months back.  Maybe they turned it back?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

I see that Ocean Port is back to it's old self.  I don't know about the status of Ocean Map.

I mean, Ocean Port, not Ocean Map. LOL!

Yes, the previous version of the Ocean Port looked 1 part nice (the sky and the fireworks), and 99 parts hideous, once you looked at your ships from a higher angle/point of view.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Frostbow said:

I mean, Ocean Port, not Ocean Map. LOL!

Yes, the previous version of the Ocean Port looked 1 part nice (the sky and the fireworks), and 99 parts hideous, once you looked at your ships from a higher angle/point of view.

Yeah. I hated that 'changed' port. Most changes, in fact, have made the ports worse than what they originally looked.

• Like 1

I honestly appreciated it for the first week. It looked nice though after that I got annoyed by the fireworks.

I would love to have an ocean port which I can select the time of day or one dynamically using my current time of day

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, EXEC_HYMNE_Ar_tonelico said:

I honestly appreciated it for the first week. It looked nice though after that I got annoyed by the fireworks.

I would love to have an ocean port which I can select the time of day or one dynamically using my current time of day

It took me seconds of watching fireworks to get annoyed with the port change and I never even saw the other weirdness I heard about.

I like the idea of synching the port with time of day.  How would midnight look?

Edited by Justin_Simpleton
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, SunkCostFallacy said:

I wonder if it was always the plan to do that,

It was made that way for the Spanish Cruisers event, so yes, it was always the plan to do that.

Yep. That's the price I pay for posting during a bout of insomnia ... getting my maps and my ports messed up.

smileytongue.gif.f654c1ff34cd6c1b1550484e8b2b4411.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SunkCostFallacy said:

Yep. That's the price I pay for posting during a bout of insomnia ... getting my maps and my ports messed up.

smileytongue.gif.f654c1ff34cd6c1b1550484e8b2b4411.gif

I think at about 10 minute mark you should begin to suspect something... 😁

• Haha 1