Lushun Dockyard Progress Thread (PVE)

AdmiralThunder

This is something we did on WOWS NA. In the PVE subforum we would have threads dedicated to progress made in various events for PVE mains. Basically, to see how others were doing in the event playing all or mostly all PVE vs PVP. It also was a place where questions could be asked/answers given on how best to complete a given task in PVE, is the reward/ship worth it (for those who buy it out and/or finish early), etc... They seemed to be fairly popular. I usually started them on NA so despite already being in week 5 of 9 I will give it a go and see if it is something we want to continue doing here. 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

I purchased both of the starter packs. Honestly, I am not really interested in the ship but I always do the dockyards and get the ship, interested or not, as they aren't offered again. I am a ship hoarder collector so there is that plus I have all lines done to T10 and the missions give me something to do. As a PVE main, and someone who never plays ranked or CB, dockyards are a way for me to get Steel both as a phase reward and for duplicate phase compensation so I always buy the starter packs.

Yesterday (Monday 11th) week/stage 5 unlocked. So far, with 1 exception, I have been able to finish the day the week/stage unlocks or the next day playing 95%+ Co-op. The exception was week/stage 4 with the 30,000 BXP task. Everything else got done day 1 but the 30K BXP took 5 days as I had a lot going on and some days I didn't even play I was so busy. But overall, this dockyard has been very player friendly (especially for PVE mains) so far and only has 1 week that really has a major grind roadblock in it (week 8 you need 35K BXP in 2 ship classes -OR- 35K BXP in 1 ship class + a PVP match with a Kraken). I am shocked frankly at how reasonable the tasks in this dockyard are. WG must not have been paying attention LOL.

So I am done through week/stage 5. So far for me...

Week/Stage 1: (100% Co-op)

• Win 5 Battles
  • 30K Capt XP
  • Top 5 6X
  • Cause 1,600,000 Damage
  • 900 Ribbons DD
  • 800 Ribbons BB

Week/'Stage 2: (100% Co-op)

• 75,000 Spotting Damage
  • 20 Torp Hits / Citadels
  • 16,000,000 Potential Damage 
  • 1250 Main Battery Hits
  • 5.2 Million Credits BB
  • 5.2 Million Credits Cruisers

Week/Stage 3: (Co-op + 1 Random BB Game)

• 10 Spotted Ribbons
  • Spot 100 Torps
  • Earn 110,000 XP
  • 150,000 Fire Damage
  • 100 Fires/Floods Cruiser
  • 650 Bomb/Rocket Hits CV (Aquila is your friend)

Week/Stage 4: (100% Co-op)

• Win 4 Battles
  • Top 5 5X
  • 20 Cap/Asst Cap/D-Cap
  • 30,000 BXP
  • 450,000 Torp Damage DD
  • 1,000,000 Main Battery Damage BB

Week/Stage 5: (Co-op + 2 Random BB Games)

• 25 Planes
  • 1000 Ribbons
  • 350,000 Spotting Damage
  • 1,800,000 Damage
  • 150,000 XP BB
  • 150,000 XP CV

1.thumb.jpg.05f945ec575ecc0225286bc486a353cd.jpg

So how goes it for the rest of you PVE folks. Are you finding the Lushun Dockyard as surprisingly tasks friendly as I am?

• Thanks 1

So far, I am working on the 6th task in Stage 5:  for me, it's cruiser XP and most of that will be in RO's. 

As you have said @AdmiralThunder, this has been a "reasonable" dockyard.   Have they listened?   I doubt that.  Did they react to "sales data" - that might be closer to the reality we are experiencing.   And, it's nice to not have to spend a cent; work real hard to accomplish the F2P without getting divorced or having a stroke; and, it actually has been fun trying.   I mean, 52 planes in one match.........yeeha, that happens almost never...!

I completed stage 5 today and the grind has not been too bad (I mean it is only Tuesday and the stage is done).

I am a little ambivalent about this particular Dockyard as another Neustrashimy isn't the most exciting prospect. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PrairiePlayer said:

I completed stage 5 today and the grind has not been too bad (I mean it is only Tuesday and the stage is done).

I am a little ambivalent about this particular Dockyard as another Neustrashimy isn't the most exciting prospect. 

Yeah, doesn't interest me really either but there is Steel to be had and it is another flake ship. I would say another Anniversary SC as well but well WG kind of ruined that aspect LOL.

• Like 1

Very much a case of completing anything I can from the point of view of getting goodies but certainly not lashing out any dubs for yet another 'premium' DD.

• Like 1

I fully expect to stumble at the Base XP stage, but since I'd already decided I wasn't going for this ship, I don't care.

It's surprising what I have been able to achieve on the basis of half-hearted play while I was chilling a bit. 

1 hour ago, Efros said:

Very much a case of completing anything I can from the point of view of getting goodies but certainly not lashing out any dubs for yet another 'premium' DD.

If the rewards for the must buy stages weren't so good, and compensation for duplicate phases wasn't Steel, I wouldn't have spent any Doubloons. Like I said, the DD doesn't interest me at all. I don't look at it like I spent on the DD however, but rather those rewards.

Well week 6 started today. Due to the Anniversary flake event I didn't focus on and finish it like I normally would. Until I am done all 494 ships to get the flake rewards I am not worrying about other things. But I did get 3/6 for this stage/week done today just playing and have almost done a 4th (potential damage) and not far to go on the various damage ones. Will definitely finish the week in a day or two.

This is the first stage that I haven't completed before the next stage is open.

I've got 4/6 and am grinding the XP for cruisers and DDs ... the cruisers are nearly done because I've got LOTS of cruisers in my dock to grind flakes for, but I've got a LOT of missions in my GK to play before I get there with the DDs (because I suck at long range shooting in DDs and only do well when I'm brawling facepalmsmiley.gif.233ebecbf4da3fa8bd652bc1be6ea592.gif)

Luckily I only want to get to 20 to get the free premium time, so I pretty sure that I'll make it before the dockyard is closed, even if WG have made the later stages uber-grindy.

On 9/13/2023 at 6:39 AM, AdmiralThunder said:

If the rewards for the must buy stages weren't so good, and compensation for duplicate phases wasn't Steel, I wouldn't have spent any Doubloons. Like I said, the DD doesn't interest me at all. I don't look at it like I spent on the DD however, but rather those rewards.

I did not buy the starter 5 stage package. I'll have to spend close to 10K dubs to buy the final stages. Although the 5 stages will give you 4K RP and 2K steel, I can use that 10K dubs to buy 4 premium battle passes. Those 4 premium battle passes will net me extra 4x15K RP and 4x15K steel over the normal battle passes. Of course, you'll need to complete the battle passes to get those rewards. I am close to getting Vampire II and Ragnar so I am lukewarm about Lushun. I probably will just get the goodies only.

Edited by BigHeadShrimp
  • Like 1

Finally got stage 6 of the dockyard done. Man my OCD does not like ignoring a big event while focusing on another but I felt the flakes were the priority. Dockyard finished on it's own for this week but I hated it LOL. I will be done the flakes by next week and the start of stage 7 so I can focus on it solely.

I only need 2 building phases to get the ship as I got both starter packs. Then the rest will give Steel. And I can skip the last 2 weeks with that big 2X 35K BXP roadblock in stage 8 if I want. So getting close.

1.thumb.jpg.d4fc4dfb42bc10f85ae0a580b9003ba5.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.4713171ddfc01b5768624d84a7ffabe2.jpg

Well the dockyard is now done other than duplicate phases for Steel compensation. Thankfully it was a pretty easy event as the ship pretty much sucks monkey butt. Would hate to have invested a Puerto Rico like grind for this thing.

Definitely a flake ship for me or at best something to use when a Pan Asia DD is specifically needed. Played my obligatory 1 match in it and MEH! 🤢🤮

Lushun1.thumb.jpg.625f8f2082736c41d22aa7e181b7c351.jpg

Lushun2.thumb.jpg.9671ba6240cfe7fc8aa02f28b2f56f2b.jpg

Lushun3.jpg.311fcf92b98b66e77fe305a7c61b857c.jpg

• Thanks 1

Well done !  And, since it is a "sucking monkey butt" level ship, not investing in the starter packs was a good idea !  Of course, playing the Dockyard out without spending is taking some time......it isn't too onerous and, after all, it's only for a ship that is related to Monkey's anatomy....   yew........where's the hand sanitizer...

again, thanks for leading the way.

• 2 weeks later...

Just took her out for the first time.

No hiding in smoke but still did ok 🙂

Musashi, Lepanto, Donskoi & Elbing. 

Lushun_01.JPG

Edited by Musket22

1 hour ago, Musket22 said:

Just took her out for the first time.

Lushun guns are pretty sweet...fun ship to play.

On 9/21/2023 at 2:47 AM, BigHeadShrimp said:

extra 4x15K RP and 4x15K steel over the normal battle passes

You might want to check your orders of magnitude. If only a premium battle pass gave 15,000 steel, nobody would be whining about the 2500 dub price!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Didn't do the starter packs this time as I came back on for the anniversary event.  the last mission week just became available and I just started the previous weeks stuff with the 2x 35K bxp grinds... 20 days... maybe. 

I don't plan to finish it but who knows... research points and steel at the end...  10K dubs to buy out the last 5 levels?  I'm getting wallet-stingy these days with the game-shenanigans...

I'll let you know if I fall for the grift 🙂

Fair winds and following seas!

Edited by Arcusaesopi
English
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Arcusaesopi said:

10K dubs to buy out the last 5 levels?

I was looking at that myself.  $40 to buy the ship after grinding through the missions seems a steep price to pay. I'm almost done with the BXP which leaves me 2 weeks to grind the last chain but I think I'll call it good after that. 

• Like 2

Another dockyard in the books. I didn't grind at my usual pace as the ship just didn't interest me (it kind of sucks IMO 🤢🤮 - definite port queen for me). I bought the 2 starter packs so I could get the ship of course (Hello, my name is AdmiralThunder, and I am a ship hoarder...) but mainly for the duplicate phase steel. This was probably the easiest dockyard of them all IMO. Only the 2X 35K BXP in week 8 really was a roadblock. I didn't worry too much about it as I knew I had time and just played doing all the other stuff they threw at us and it got done. The last week/stage was pretty easy. Just finished up despite a lot of IRL keeping me from playing a ton yesterday and today or I would have been done yesterday.

So all done with yet another dockyard. Got all other events/missions done or current too so have a well earned break coming. Nothing to do until...tomorrow morning when the IJN BB event hit. OY VE!

giphy.gif

Image1.jpg

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Like 1

Did the starter packs.

PvP only. Finished last week.

Don't have Nuetrewatzit.

Lushun seems pretty decent.