Bayard for free OR Buy her and get another VIII for free?

LTC_Tiger

The title lays out my thoughts.  I'm grappling with whether to buy Bayard before the patch for 8475 doubloons (using the 25% off coupon) and then get a 100% coupon for the listed ships (likely getting either Vanguard or Gascogne given that I'm a BB main), or just get the freebie Bayard in the next patch.

What do you guys think?  Is it better to get 2 ships for the 8475 doubloons, or hang onto the dubs for something else and walk away with Bayard as the freebie?

6 minutes ago, LTC_Tiger said:

The title lays out my thoughts.  I'm grappling with whether to buy Bayard before the patch for 8475 doubloons (using the 25% off coupon) and then get a 100% coupon for the listed ships (likely getting either Vanguard or Gascogne given that I'm a BB main), or just get the freebie Bayard in the next patch.

What do you guys think?  Is it better to get 2 ships for the 8475 doubloons, or hang onto the dubs for something else and walk away with Bayard as the freebie?

Myself personally, I got the Bayard during the trade in event specifically to get another ship (I'm leaning Vanguard too, btw).  Its completely up to you what you do with your account.  The few games I've played with Bayard its a fun ship.

Vanguard is 13,300 doubloons, or at 25% discount 9975.

Gascogne is 12,700 doubloons, or at 25% discount 9525.

You state that you would pay 8475 for Bayard now.

Note that for 3125 tokens, you can get a 50% discount from any Tier 8 ship in the Armory, which makes it cheaper to buy either Vanguard OR Gascogne than to buy Bayard now and trade her existence for one of the battleships.

How many tokens are you looking to be able to get? If you will have enough, you can get Bayard free and one of the BBs for less than you would have spent to do the swap.

Edited by Ensign Cthulhu

32 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Vanguard is 13,300 doubloons, or at 25% discount 9975.

Gascogne is 12,700 doubloons, or at 25% discount 9525.

You state that you would pay 8475 for Bayard now.

Note that for 3125 tokens, you can get a 50% discount from any Tier 8 ship in the Armory, which makes it cheaper to buy either Vanguard OR Gascogne than to buy Bayard now and trade her existence for one of the battleships.

How many tokens are you looking to be able to get? If you will have enough, you can get Bayard free and one of the BBs for less than you would have spent to do the swap.

True -- with the caveat that I'd have to surrender 16 SCs worth of tokens to do that.

28 minutes ago, LTC_Tiger said:

True -- with the caveat that I'd have to surrender 16 SCs worth of tokens to do that.

How much of a hardship is that, with the nerfing of SCs? I haven't really done any maths with the new probabilities, but aren't the odds rather against one with random SCs these days?

Edited by Verblonde

1 hour ago, LTC_Tiger said:

Given my record with supercontainers from any source (one ship in six years), I'd do it in a heartbeat. A bird in the hand, and all that.

• Like 2

Unless you want to get 3 discounted ships during anniversary, I don't see the reason of getting Bayard now with 25% off coupon and redeem "bayard" which give you a 100% off coupon when you have grinded enough token.

It may be benefitical if you have enough token for 3 ship, but if you don't have enough, it is better to forget about it.