Balance changes

Wulf_Ace

Secondary guns

Now, when firing from secondary guns, the detectability range of the ship can increase if the firing range of the secondary guns exceeds the visibility of the ship. This change will not affect the detectability of ships firing secondary guns from a smoke screen.

So I was wondering the point of this change? is there any ship that secondary guns exceed his concealment?? 

Cant remember that I ever played a ship where I shoot only my secondary guns while I was dark ( not considering smoke).

So guys what do you think why did they put this? Am I missing something?

• Like 2

Can't say off hand. Possibly some of the high tier cruisers... although more likely high tier BB's with access to the relevant captain skills. Then, of course you cant a little more with the signals, regardless of the class. What about the CV's?

Thunderstorm fronts reduce detection range by 10%. This change will prevent those edge cases where ships like the high tier German CCs with concealment close to their secondary range can fire their secondaries undetected in open water.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

Thunderstorm fronts reduce detection range by 10%. This change will prevent those edge cases where ships like the high tier German CCs with concealment close to their secondary range can fire their secondaries undetected in open water.

what is a german CC?🤔

2 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

what is a german CC?🤔

I think he means the Schlieffen line, or maybe Schroder. 

15 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

what is a german CC?🤔

CC is the era-appropriate USN hull designation code for battlecruiser assigned to the Lexington-class, in the same way that CA corresponds to “heavy cruiser” and CL means “light cruiser.” Thus, the alternate line of German battleships are CCs (battlecruisers).

Edited by Nevermore135

16 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

CC is the era-appropriate USN hull designation code for battlecruiser assigned to the Lexington-class, in the same way that CA corresponds to “heavy cruiser” and CL means “light cruiser.” Thus, the alternate line of German battleships are CCs (battlecruisers).

well we call it BC

19 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

I think he means the Schlieffen line, or maybe Schroder. 

dont think Schlifen can get his concealment below 12,5 km

23 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

well we call it BC

And you are welcome to do so. I don’t use that abbreviation for the same reason I don’t refer to aircraft carriers as “AC”s or heavy cruisers as “HC”s. To each their own.

23 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

dont think Schlifen can get his concealment below 12,5 km

Schlieffen has 12.6km concealment and 12.5km secondary range. In a thunderstorm Schlieffen’s concealment is reduced by 10%, so her secondary range exceeds her concealment.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

Thus, the alternate line of German battleships are CCs (battlecruisers).

And yet, just to keep things confusing, the Alaskas have CB hull numbers (which invites the moniker "battlecruiser" from the lay public). Worse still, according to Wikipedia, thought was initially given to applying the Lexingtons' CC designation! 🤣

47 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

And yet, just to keep things confusing, the Alaskas have CB hull numbers (which invites the moniker "battlecruiser" from the lay public). Worse still, according to Wikipedia, thought was initially given to applying the Lexingtons' CC designation! 🤣

Indeed.

The naval treaties really messed up the classification systems for ships...