From The DEV Blog :Late Changes To Patch 12.8

tm63au

Hi Captains 

We have decided to make some late changes to Patch 12.8

china.thumb.jpg.4ee56624ee4befac62283465ae26f87b.jpg

We Happy to announce a Commonwealth theme event as part of Patch 12.8

Three new Commanders will become available through event throughout this month.

image.jpeg.cb2ae8f9c4004c6d3e696135bf92d96c.jpeg

Australia

Paul Hogan's Crocodile Dundee special skill " speed Boost Bonus " for DD knife fighting

image.jpeg.0cbd46808fe9fe1f7e928b1537ea1e63.jpeg  

New Zealand

Russell Crowe's Maximus Decimus Meridius  Special skill  "Secondary Gun Range Bonus " for BB brawling

image.jpeg.6319ac30a90547640c182d3b868eb042.jpeg

Canada

Wayne Gretzky as himself Special Skill  " Main Gun Accuracy Bonus " ideal for long range firing

We here at WG are sorry we have had our head up the stern of the wrong place for so long and hope the Commonwealth Event and the Commanders will please our gaming community. 

Edited by EXEC_HYMNE_Ar_tonelico
removed political provocations
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Bored 6

Yeah, no. I know you want to be funny with your post, but it's not.

Anyone with a passing knowledge of the Three Kingdoms knows it's a classic for a reason.

And if you had read it, it's not really a piece that supports the current system. After all, the initial lines are:

"The Empire, long divided, must unite; long united, must divide. Thus it has ever been." - Translation by Moss Roberts

The themes of the story, especially the corruption of the Han dynasty, and how morally upright people should oppose it, are not really in sync with the current political party line. And I'm not going to compare Winnie the Pooh to Dong Zhuo, I will not.

Edited by Aragathor
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Yeah, no. I know you want to be funny with your post, but it's not.

Anyone with a passing knowledge of the Three Kingdoms knows it's a classic for a reason.

And if you had read it, it's not really a piece that supports the current system. After all, the initial lines are:

"The Empire, long divided, must unite; long united, must divide. Thus it has ever been." - Translation by Moss Roberts

The themes of the story, especially the corruption of the Han dynasty, and how morally upright people should oppose it, are not really in sync with the current political party line. And I'm not going to compare Winnie the Pooh to Dong Zhuo, I will not.

Please tell me if we have a Commonwealth DD or CA line or unique Commander or special commander or whatever there called.

Have we got a Commonwealth port, have we had commonwealth dockyard, how many " festivals and new years do they get a year " then tell me how many Commonwealth ones we have had.

There sucking up alright it may not be open and in your face but they are.

So please feel free to show me where any of the above commonwealth things I have mentioned are and Ill go buy them.

regards        

Edited by tm63au
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tm63au said:

Please tell me if we have a Commonwealth DD or CA line or unique Commander or special commander or whatever there called.

Have we got a Commonwealth port, have we had commonwealth dockyard, how many " festivals and new years do they get a year " then tell me how many Commonwealth ones we have had.

There sucking up alright it may not be open and in your face but they are.

So please feel free to show me where any of the above commonwealth things I have mentioned are and Ill go buy them.

regards        

HMAS Vampire and Vampire II.

Now get that chip off your shoulder.

While you are barking up the wrong tree, I can tell you why we are not seeing more Commonwealth content. You are not going to like it.

WG in their stupidity tried doing commonwealth stuff in India, it backfired, as even with the lower prices people weren't buying. We got a very middling premium out of it, Mysore. INS Delhi died on the drawing board.

Then there was the Yukon. That was a tragedy.

On the flip side, you have the Myth and Legend stuff for Asia. It's premium only and has wide appeal. In fact things like Journey to the West are classics across Asia. It offends no one, as it's mostly fantasy stuff or so ancient you can't make it political.

Money talks, everyone else walks.

Edited by Aragathor
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Zaydin said:

HMAS Vampire and Vampire II.

Now get that chip off your shoulder.

So your telling my both Vampires are part of a Tech tree line, sorry I must have walked through a door and into a alternative universe if you consider that to be a full line.

regards  

2 hours ago, tm63au said:

So your telling my both Vampires are part of a Tech tree line, sorry I must have walked through a door and into a alternative universe if you consider that to be a full line.

regards  

Competitive and historical ships value more than a branch of copy-paste make-believe (primarily the cruiser branch), at least for me.

And for this particular case of downvoting. I understand the frustration over lack of Commonwealth contents, yet I feel offended over the disparagement of Pan-Asian contents and players and the notion of advancing Commonwealth at the cost of Pan-Asia.

Edited by Project45_Opytny

Can you summarize? I'm not rewarding Mountbatten with clicks, as it is my experience that he is not above misrepresenting things. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Andrewbassg said:

I would advocate that some discussions have their merits, IF they remain discussions and remain civil. 

The OP had some text removed that was distinctly lacking in civility.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

The OP had some text removed that was distinctly lacking in civility.

Well, we need to remember that we are all peers. We can disagree on things, even strongly, but arguments should remain strictly on point and subject. 

• HogHammer locked this topic
48 minutes ago, Andrewbassg said:

Well, we need to remember that we are all peers. We can disagree on things, even strongly, but arguments should remain strictly on point and subject. 

Agreed.

We are also trying to make sure that we keep this topic on the subject of "shooty video game boats" and the history that they are based on, rather than "current events" which with enough time will become history. 

Back to @tm63au - since I grew up in Edmonton in the 80's I think that the Gretzky unique commander skill should be to buff his TEAMS shooting (maybe a MBRB that increases team reload speed by 20% while active?). He played in the time where an assist was "passed the puck to the guy who scored the goal less than a second later" and IIRC was the first high scoring NHL player to have more assists than goals. 

Maybe the Russell Crowe skill should be to reduce the secondary range of ships he is engaging, forcing a knife fight. 

Definitely some potentially interesting mechanics here!

• HogHammer unlocked this topic
11 hours ago, tm63au said:

image.jpeg.cb2ae8f9c4004c6d3e696135bf92d96c.jpeg

Australia

Paul Hogan's Crocodile Dundee special skill " speed Boost Bonus " for DD knife fighting

Hmmm.......tbh.... he never struck me as a speedy Gonzales type. i mean....

11 hours ago, tm63au said:

We here at WG are sorry we have had our head up the stern of the wrong place for so long

Dat one...... non disputandum. E5F726D1-A0C9-4DA4-A536-3C6931DE63E8.gif

Edited by Andrewbassg
  • Haha 1

OMG! I love romance of the three kingdoms stuff.  How did this get edited?

So sad i can;t tell who is who on the pictures 😭

29 minutes ago, WES_HoundDog said:

OMG! I love romance of the three kingdoms stuff.  How did this get edited?

So sad i can;t tell who is who on the pictures 😭

then you should have little problem guessing..

cao cao on the left

1 hour ago, Dareios said:

then you should have little problem guessing..

cao cao on the left

Nah, they look too similar.  Much different from the games. ROTK 1-4.  I would have said CAO CAO was the middle one. the one on the right and left don't look like anybody.

I'd say the one on the right was Sun Quan but he's wearing a green cape.. and he was always a bit of a fatty so don't really match.

Edited by WES_HoundDog
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, WES_HoundDog said:

Nah, they look too similar.  Much different from the games. ROTK 1-4.  I would have said CAO CAO was the middle one. the one on the right and left don't look like anybody.

I'd say the one on the right was Sun Quan but he's wearing a green cape.. and he was always a bit of a fatty so don't really match.

turns out, after checking, you're right!

cao cao in middle, flanked by sunquan in yellow and liubei on the right.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Aragathor said:

Then there was the Yukon. That was a tragedy.

That was entirely WGs fault though and how they treated Mouse and Chob was the real tragedy. They lost massive points with the community there with how badly they handled the Yukon situation. Its one of the great WG debacles alongside the PR dockyard, Graf Zeppelin release, and the CV Rework+sub release for a good reason.

15 hours ago, MBT808 said:

how they treated Mouse and Chob was the real tragedy.

That was tragic, true, but how WG treated Gneisnau was shameful and damaging to him.  One of the best CMs it has been my pleasure to work with, keelhauled.

43 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

how WG treated Gneisnau was shameful and damaging to him.  One of the best CMs it has been my pleasure to work with, keelhauled.

Who is that?

Edited by MBT808