There Really Pushing YouTube And Discord Over There

tm63au

See another post on the main web page about joining You Tube, could be nothing but regular advertising or maybe there grand plan of deep sixing the forum didn't go to plan.

Anyways they can shout into the wind as much as they like but I am not listening. 

It was a RAT ACT what they did.  

Edited by tm63au

"Joining" on YouTube is just another way for them to monetize their content. I find it hard to believe anyone would actually pay for the crap they put out on YouTube but it is what it is I suppose.  Following on YouTube is just paying attention to what they are doing but when you Join, you pay with a credit card for exclusive content plus some other goodies for Wargaming's channel. I never thought enough of what they did on YouTube to even follow the channel, definitely not paying them for that crap. 

Wargaming peaked with content there with Dasha's videos, the couple of movie type shorts, and the music video they did years ago. They haven't produced a single video since that was worth more than a few seconds of watching.  Their ability to produce any content there is hampered by their lack of creativity and imagination now.  Until Wargaming gets rid of some dead weight at their company they will continue to stagnate. They need leadership changes, community management changes to bring some excitement for the product, and some creative talent with fresh ideas.  It still makes me laugh that when Boggzy and Ashkance were doing one of their first streams, someone made a comment in chat that they needed to call themselves "Estrogen and Depression".   They were awful together and IMHO that hasn't changed much. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've noticed an increase in WoWs tweets but that may be the algorithm feeding more to me.  Who knows?

Usually when WG pushes things for subscription, the situation is not good. They use to open old WoWS forum threads such as "You may have forgotten" or "Don't miss out" . That is when the player base don't want those mission directives or events in the first place. Someone's spreadsheet is failing. WG is trying to do cruise control during crisis management situation.

I thinking the lead management has no clue what to do with the WoWS product. They are like in a sinking sub (representing WoWS), pardon the use of the analogy. WG does the CV rework, the wows sub dips some. WG release subs, the WoWS sub goes deeper. They release various CV battle modes, it sinks further. Now adding the move from Russia and setting up new offices, with the addition of adding even more CVs, the sub is sinking further. WG needs to blow ballast in action or abandoned ship with the bad devs or crush depth will be reached.

Because if the situation is not improving, WG needs to look who is the bad sailor (Devs) and toss them over board. They have to do so in order to improve things.. There are start-up game companies that perform better than WG in organizing. 

• Like 4

Heck, the GAME ITSELF isn't good enough for me to spend actually money to experience...

...why would I pay money just to see bad advertising for that game?

Truly, the hubris is amusing.

• Like 1

but we’re not idiots who would agree to this and donate? )))) that we will be upset that this “Ship”, with the help of the Captains, is sinking on its own? 

WG have been pushing the playerbase to go to other mediums to make their channel look popular.

They have been pushing people on Twitch for quite a while, and there are some folks who is there only for rewards (that they won't be there if there is no drop available) that we know about the number of viewers who turns up during 12.6 patch.

I am not too surprised they want to use the youtube subscription to make them look popular and attract potential players. I think it is one part of marketing strategy to take some video and upload video on youtube, then some random people clicks in and watch them and getting the WG message of "hey look we've got a great WW2 naval game here and you can possibly play one of those ships to blast others".

Having some followers and having some subscripters can make their channel look popular, it doesn't matter whether they are really interested or there to buy the for the new goodies. WG got what they want, followers and subscriptions already.

Edited by a252
  • Like 2

If WG are trying to use Youtube for marketing ... they need to try another approach.

Their engagement is, not to put to fine a point on it, lacking significantly.  When a channel has 704K subscribers, and routinely gets less than 20K views on their videos, frequently less than 10K, then they aren't doing a very good job of keeping the viewers interested.

Compare that to Jingles latest WoWS video which has 21K views in 5 hours, and a 4 day old video has 79K views.

Potato Quality with only 46.3K subscribers routinely gets more views that the majority of WG's videos, as does Sea Lord Mountbatten who only has 51K subscribers.

Just sayin'

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SunkCostFallacy said:

If WG are trying to use Youtube for marketing ... they need to try another approach.

Their engagement is, not to put to fine a point on it, lacking significantly.  When a channel has 704K subscribers, and routinely gets less than 20K views on their videos, frequently less than 10K, then they aren't doing a very good job of keeping the viewers interested.

Compare that to Jingles latest WoWS video which has 21K views in 5 hours, and a 4 day old video has 79K views.

Potato Quality with only 46.3K subscribers routinely gets more views that the majority of WG's videos, as does Sea Lord Mountbatten who only has 51K subscribers.

Just sayin'

Really highlights the absolute incompetence of allowing the CC program to crash and burn the way they did...

• Like 3

On 9/11/2023 at 1:13 PM, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Why would we join YouTube?

That's a platform that is dying anyway...

Perhaps, but there ar lots of content trhat is worthwhile following.  Concerts, enthusiast channels of various origin with excellent content. I hardly watch TV/streams except sports but I do follow several Youtube channels catering to my interests.

F.e. I am interested in classic cars so there I have several that i follow.

I saw an AD on youtube for warships that literally ripped on the old surface ships only way of play. 
I wish I recorded it, was pretty much a middle finger to all complaints in the last 3-4 years. 

On 9/11/2023 at 8:58 AM, Tpaktop2_1 NA said:

Usually when WG pushes things for subscription, the situation is not good. They use to open old WoWS forum threads such as "You may have forgotten" or "Don't miss out" . That is when the player base don't want those mission directives or events in the first place. Someone's spreadsheet is failing. WG is trying to do cruise control during crisis management situation.

I thinking the lead management has no clue what to do with the WoWS product. They are like in a sinking sub (representing WoWS), pardon the use of the analogy. WG does the CV rework, the wows sub dips some. WG release subs, the WoWS sub goes deeper. They release various CV battle modes, it sinks further. Now adding the move from Russia and setting up new offices, with the addition of adding even more CVs, the sub is sinking further. WG needs to blow ballast in action or abandoned ship with the bad devs or crush depth will be reached.

Because if the situation is not improving, WG needs to look who is the bad sailor (Devs) and toss them over board. They have to do so in order to improve things.. There are start-up game companies that perform better than WG in organizing. 

Well when not one, but TWO different dev teams for EXTREMELY similar Wargaming products/game versions completely overshadow your dev team and your game version, you know something's off and needs adjustment(s)...

Edited by Sailor_Moon