Weekend Spree - 8-10 September 2023

Ensign Cthulhu

Finished the Arpeggio missions and then chilled. 

Thought about the ARP Yamato for a little bit, decided against it again. I just don't use my Yamato enough to justify paying that much for a premium version, especially since my tech-tree version already has a permabonus (obtained for free, thank you HSF events) and a 21 point commander in it. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Thought about the ARP Yamato for a little bit, decided against it again. I just don't use my Yamato enough to justify paying that much for a premium version, especially since my tech-tree version already has a permabonus (obtained for free, thank you HSF events) and a 21 point commander in it. 

ARP Yamato with the built-in legendary accuracy upgrade = maximum main-gun dispersion of 238 meters
Tech-tree Yamato without the legendary accuracy upgrade = maximum main-gun dispersion of 256 meters
Range = 26.6 km.

Not much of an issue in Co-op.  But when one wants to hit a ship from accross the map, that smaller disperson comes in handy, in PVP modes.
Just sayin'.  🙂  

Even so, one could get the research points needed to buy the upgrade for their tech-tree Yamato and probably be satisfied.  🙂

Played the game enough to welcome Commander Yotaroh (the 2nd.) as a reward for completing an Arpeggio of Blue Steel collaboration event mission task.
shot-23_09.10_15_59.10-0943.thumb.jpg.2330e94d03be1642ac2d8a04db46dfe8.jpg  

Skipped the birthday celebration of one of my nieces because her mom (my sister) was altering the time-table and mentioning the niece in question was having behavioral issues and a "tough day".
I'll mail the card. 
Hopefully next year everyone will be in a "better place" emotionally. 
I'm weary from years of "drama" and unhealthy behaviors creating disharmony amongst family members, though.  
Oh well, enough about that.  Moving along...

Participated in various forum topics.

Am currently watching the New England Patriots play the Philadelphia Eagles out of the corner of my eye as my Wife is watching the football game.
"Go Pats!"  🙂 

• Haha 1

Didnt play. 

Magic the Gathering released a new set, so playing with new cards and decks. Rest of my free gaming time spent playing Starfield.

Waiting for anniversary event to start this week? To resume play.

• Like 2

footballs-ships-shipyards-arpeggios))). And we were digging potatoes. And all the reserves for the winter in the cellar, in the cellar ...

• Like 1

Toured the USS LST 325 docked in Dubuque, Ia.  Knocked out a few more missions.  Lost to the EU clan in Naval Battles; too tired to care.

• Like 1

Due to personal situation, worked for a full day on Saturday and spend the majority of Sunday sleeping.

Rammed through that week's Dockyard Event with brawls (for cruiser PD) and Mogador/Tashkent run in Co-op (for destroyer torpedo damage).

Not in a hurry for Arpeggio of Blue Steel Collaboration: as I joined by 2019 I have managed to get ARP Kongo-class and ARP Myoko as well as the Blue Steel flag for free; not that interested in this franchise; Commander ARP Kirishima has been offered for free for every Arpeggio collab rerun and among all the Anime voiceovers that one is acknowledged to be rather mediocre. Plus the event is designed that the commander will be available even with casual gaming.

The primary benefit of ARP Yamato is to show that you are well-off, enjoys Arpeggio of Blue Steel: Cadenza that much, and being able to juggle Yamato Isoroku between Satsuma, ARP Yamato, Musashi, Kii, ARP Kongo, Ishizuchi, etc.

And also, continuing the efforts of "reconciling with the reality that the divergence between RU and us are already made".

• Like 2

I must have somehow missed the PVE memo.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          As usual I focus on Naval Battles Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I don't focus on the 2 point bonus ships but rather start with the IJN destroyers and work my way down to the British using Fridays 14 battles. On Saturday I pick up where I left off Friday and play 2 battles followed by Sundays 4 battles. I usually generate 15 to 25 points depending on how things go.

This Friday I was only able to generate 5 points in 15 battles and my teams lost 2 battles! Saturday I generated 0 points and Sunday I generated 2 points from one of the four battles.

If this cluster wasn't enough of a beating a survey popped up asking how satisfied I was!

During these battles I noticed early battle endings on two occasions at around 6 minutes 50 seconds with 1 Bot still alive and in good health. I also noticed there were no more than 3 players over the 400 point barrier.

Was there a memo saying they were testing in CO-OP?

14 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Final score was 25 to 20 in the Philadelphia Eagles' favor.  Congratulations Eagles.  Good game.
https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles-new-england-patriots-20230910017/

Ah, I remember Veteran Stadium........delivered a tank there for a recruiting display decades ago....  I think the Army crushed the Navy's float with it.....  I think there is a picture of it out there.  We got to meet the team and gave them a tour of a tank !  HUGE people.  I can't find it anymore....

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Let's see.   Found you another Secretary Desk for reloading equipment.  Gosh, have they gotten really expensive.  I've got to figure a way to get the picture off my phone though...

Played RO's a bit.  Played a few COOP's in a division to farm Spotting Damage and Defended ribbons (it's the only way to accomplish it in a reasonable time frame).

Was supposed to shoot a bit but, "other stuff" got in the way (like a trip to try some really good October Fest beer from a local brewery...)  Beer - shootin, Great beer  - shooting in 100 degree weather...........BEER !

• Like 2