In game fire/flooding damage stats.

Kaiserliche_garde

Okay, so I was looking up the stats on one of my T9 premium cruisers and I was trying to find the fire and flooding damage received stats (DoT stats (Damage over Time)) and as far as I know they cannot be found in game.  The only place I can find that gives an answer to this question is the WoWs wiki.  Not every high tier premium cruiser has the battleship damage modifier applied to it (Salem and Moskva) and some even have an intermediate damage modifier (Graf Spee).  Now, not every player is well versed on the differences or the details of the game and some might not even know that these special modifiers even exist on these specific ships.

So Captains, are there stats somewhere in game that show the DoT stats on a specific ship and any modifiers related to the premium cruisers and I am oblivious to its location in game or is it only available from the wiki?  If they are not in the game I say they should be viewable in game and players should be able to view these DoT stats on each ship and if there is a modifier applied.  Since this is WeeGee we're talking about here and this involves communication or otherwise helping/guiding/informing the player(s) it ain't gonna happen.

For those that want to learn about fire and flood DoT stats here are the links to the wiki:

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Flooding

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Fire

They’re not visible anywhere in game. The flooding percentages have only ever been from data mining (and listed in the wiki from those sources). Fire duration is usually listed as part of the initial stats in dev blog posts.

Fire damage is a fixed percentage of a ship’s health, and is the same on all ships (except carriers). Fire duration is the variable, ranging from 5 seconds (carriers) to 60 seconds (battleships and large cruisers). Graf Spee (and HSF Spee) is the only ship that doesn’t have 5/30/60 second fires.

Flooding duration is more consistent, it’s the percentage that varies this time. 

• Thanks 1

Fire Damage

Damage dealt by each instance of fire on a ship is fixed as 0.3% of its total health pool per fire per second (1% for aircraft carriers and submarines). Each fire has a base duration of 60 seconds for battleships, 30 seconds for cruisers, destroyers and submarines, and 5 seconds for aircraft carriers. A fire that is allowed to burn for the full duration will consume 18% (0.3% x 60 sec.) of a battleship's maximum health, 9% of a cruiser's or destroyer's maximum health, 5% (1% x 5 sec.) of a carrier's, and 30% (1% x 30 sec.) of a submarine's maximum health.

laughing.thumb.jpg.0b5b7b803e4276bcd07d2f91e88e1dcf.jpg

I always knew that Wedgie is full of it ,when it comes about Cv's, buuut.......that's news, even for me. Always thought that fire duration  was reduced coz.... auto DMC reasons. Turns out that nyet, its just WarGambling balans dept being  full of ...."creativity"....

LMAO.....

Edited by Andrewbassg

Wait a minute..... am I reading this correctly, fire chance is actually calculated at the target ( i.e fire resistance)  and NOT at the guns, which fire the projectile?

And also ...

DE — the effect of the Demolition Expert commander skill: 0.01 with the skill, zero without.

Σ S — the sum of the effects of the mounted Signals Victor Lima  and India X-Ray : +0.01 or +0.005 each depending on gun caliber, else zero.

......which means that the stats listed in the client are..... false?

Both DE and both flag modifiers are listed with 1%  (respectively 0.5 for smaller then 160 mm guns)....

Whataa....

Edited by Andrewbassg

1 hour ago, Andrewbassg said:

Wait a minute..... am I reading this correctly, fire chance is actually calculated at the target ( i.e fire resistance)  and NOT at the guns, which fire the projectile?

And also ...

DE — the effect of the Demolition Expert commander skill: 0.01 with the skill, zero without.

Σ S — the sum of the effects of the mounted Signals Victor Lima  and India X-Ray : +0.01 or +0.005 each depending on gun caliber, else zero.

......which means that the stats listed in the client are..... false?

Both DE and both flag modifiers are listed with 1%  (respectively 0.5 for smaller then 160 mm guns)....

Whataa....

Yes, you are reading that correctly.  Ships have a counter roll for fire RNG the same way HE shells have an RNG roll for fire chance, it is basically an Offense roll vs a Defense roll.  For the Defensive roll the higher the tier ship, the more difficult it is to "catch" a fire and the opposite is true, easier to "catch" a fire, for lower tiers in a descending order.  There is also a four (4) point battleship commander skill now called "Fire Prevention Expert" (I don't know what it was called before the skills reeework) and this also lowers that specific ship's chance to "catch" a fire.  So the higher the tier ship paired with the commander skill should reduce the chance that your ship "catches" a fire.

For the Offensive roll each HE shell has a base fire starter chance RNG roll and that can be increased with the "Demolition Expert" commander skill and the two combat signals that you mentioned.  Now HE shell fire chance RNG roll's can also be DECREASED by selecting the "Inertia Fuse for HE Shells" (IFHE) commander skill which increases armor penetration +25% and reduces base fire chance in half (-50%).  Base HE shell fire chance is spread across ship types basically explained by the rate of fire for each ship type, battleships have higher individual base HE shell fire chance due to lower rate of fire, cruisers have a middle fire chance, and destroyers have a lower individual base HE shell fire chance due to a higher rate of fire.

So basically that equation in the wiki is a fancy way of explaining how the game, and RNGeesus, giveth and taketh away fires on ships.  This is how on some games a player might not get very many fire ribbons even though the player was spamming HE all game long.  The opposite can also happen where a player's ship seems to be a constant barbeque all game long from every incoming HE salvo.

No, the stats listed in the client are NOT false.  1% is represented as 0.01 just as 100% is represented as 1 and 0.5% (or one half (1/2) percent) is represented as 0.005.

I was just wondering if any of these stats and the modifiers for specific ships, certain premium cruisers, could be found in game and it does not look like it is, only in the wiki.

Edited by Kaiserliche_garde
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kaiserliche_garde said:

Yes, you are reading that correctly.  Ships have a counter roll for fire RNG the same way HE shells have an RNG roll for fire chance, it is basically an Offense roll vs a Defense roll.  For the Defensive roll the higher the tier ship, the more difficult it is to "catch" a fire and the opposite is true, easier to "catch" a fire, for lower tiers in a descending order.  There is also a four (4) point battleship commander skill now called "Fire Prevention Expert" (I don't know what it was called before the skills reeework) and this also lowers that specific ship's chance to "catch" a fire.  So the higher the tier ship paired with the commander skill should reduce the chance that you ship "catches" a fire.

For the Offensive roll each HE shell has a base fire starter chance RNG roll and that can be increased with the "Demolition Expert" commander skill and the two combat signals that you mentioned.  Now HE shell fire chance RNG roll's can also be DECREASED by selecting the "Inertia Fuse for HE Shells" (IFHE) commander skill which increases armor penetration +25% and reduces base fire chance in half (-50%).  Base HE shell fire chance is spread across ship types basically explained by the rate of fire for each ship type, battleships have higher individual base HE shell fire chance due to lower rate of fire, cruisers have a middle fire chance, and destroyers have a lower individual base HE shell fire chance due to a higher rate of fire

Yes I know that there a two "dice rolls", however that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about both rolls happening at the target. Which is retarded, at best and murky, at worst, coz presents a clear possibility for manipulating the result.

One roll should happen in one place and the other on the receiving end, with the server summing the result. IF we are aiming at truly honest results .

I understand the technical challenges deriving from this approach (i.e three calculations  ) but not aiming for honesty....is NEVER a good approach and is inexcusable.

The fire chance is listed per shell basis, and the calculations should be ready, when they are in the air, regardless of how many actually hits the target.

With soo much murkiness..... no wonder that Wows never become esports accepted, as otherwise should have been.

1 hour ago, Kaiserliche_garde said:

No, the stats listed in the client are NOT false.  1% is represented as 0.01 just as 100% is represented as 1 and 0.5% (or one half (1/2) percent) is represented as 0.005.

Well.... i understand your point about "scale" ( i.e the reference scale could be completely  arbitrary 1 or 100 or 1.000.000) still...... I have exactly zero confidence in Wargambling competence and/or honesty. Too many times were proven that blind faith in those  is quite  misplaced.

And... WarGambling too may times gave inaccurate, misleading  and many times false informations. And were quite secretive about things they shouldn't have been, If there is nothing to hide. 

Edited by Andrewbassg