Expendable Camo

Gillhunter

When single-use camouflages were separated from economic bonuses, I stopped routinely mounting them on ships (in order to get earnings bonuses).

Occasionally I'll mount one for aesthetic purposes on a ship not equipped with permanent camo.
There was an in-game mission which involved sailing in the Concealed Maneuvers game mode while sporting an Azur Lane camo on one's ship, recently.
So, I participated in the mission and used some of the camouflages that were in my inventory.

Most of the time, I simply collect camouflages that are provided as rewards for completing in-game tasks & missions and let them sit in my inventory.
Having camouflages and signal-flags in my inventory costs me nothing, and I can sell them for credits if I need to for a "rainy day" occasion.

6 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Most of the time, I simply collect camouflages that are provided as rewards for completing in-game tasks & missions and let them sit in my inventory.
Having camouflages and signal-flags in my inventory costs me nothing, and I can sell them for credits if I need to for a "rainy day" occasion.

They have essentially become my virtual loose change jar.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Gillhunter said:

Does anyone mount, and/or purchase expendable camo anymore? I stopped using it after the economy changed. 

Nope.  Didn't sell any when the change occurred either.  Why>?  Because, in another game, we went through the same things this game has done.....  And, everyone in that other game sold everything (camo's)...  Then, two years later, those very same camo's, with no real in game value, were changed to having "unique values" that that corporation sold to those whom sold all of the thousands of camo's they had !!!!   Oh, the crying and screaming could be heard on Mars.....

Those whom do not remember the past, often repeat the mistakes from the past....   

I have all of them and when this game shuts down, they will still be there !

• Like 2

I still use the Hunter camo on many ships. I just like how it looks. I sold 90% of my camos, but i kept at least 10 from every type.

I had almost 15,000 one time use camos going into the rework despite using them in every battle (if I didn't have a perma camo that is and even then I used them instead of the perma sometimes if I need extra something for a task). I have pretty much stopped using them since the rework as WG made them totally useless. Once in a while I will throw one on just for a change but just don't use them anymore as a rule. 

Lots of people sold them all off (or all but 1 to a couple of each) right after the rework. But I decided to just hold onto them in the very small off chance WG might do something to make them relevant again (LOL I know) -AND- as a source of emergency credits if the need ever arose. I have sold quite a few thousand off to fund something big like SuperShip purchases but mostly they just sit there. 

I still have 11,500+ of the darn things which shows WG continues to throw them at us as if they actually matter and are worth something which is really hilarious. They totally made them useless but continue to give them as rewards as if nothing changed. Only WG man...only WG! 🤣

1.thumb.jpg.a6477abef3abe80b3abc5729a5af186b.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.d767f311f3049dd4e5923c34c3189573.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.c6c9b35b245ac089a4da6ac6d8fe76c9.jpg

4.thumb.jpg.b276c3c39dff66fd13f6a10c7a60f9fe.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Asym said:

Nope.  Didn't sell any when the change occurred either.  Why>?  Because, in another game, we went through the same things this game has done.....  And, everyone in that other game sold everything (camo's)...  Then, two years later, those very same camo's, with no real in game value, were changed to having "unique values" that that corporation sold to those whom sold all of the thousands of camo's they had !!!!   Oh, the crying and screaming could be heard on Mars.....

Those whom do not remember the past, often repeat the mistakes from the past....   

I have all of them and when this game shuts down, they will still be there !

This is in the back of my mind as a possibility.

I kept a lot of them because I use them in every game. I dont need to sell them since I just passed 1.3 billion credits. 

I've been keeping the camos but recently started putting camo on some rusty looking ships like the North Carolina.

Kept 1 of each for posterity and sold the rest at the rework.  340 million silver, not that I really needed it, but it put me in the 800 million silver range, where I have been hovering as I run a lot of regrinding for the RB, and that is hard on credits.  If I can nudge over the 1 billion mark, I will start dabbling in super ships.  There were a few camos that I didn't mind sporting, but for the most part they looked dumb and cartoony, I only ever cared for any of them for the bonuses.

No, I see no point in using credits for anything that offers zero benefit in game. They really botched the camo rework. I liked the idea of removing the assorted bonuses from the camo, that made sense. Removing the dispersion and detection buffs from them was a moronic decision and destroyed their value. Like many players I sold the thousands of them I had post rework and I sell them immediately when I get one now. I figure they will eventually catch on and drop the prices for them and don't want to get stuck with any in my inventory.  Really a kernel of a good idea that they ruined with implementation. Wargaming seems to excel at doing that. 

Edited by Taylor3006

Use the cheapest ones on most of researchable ships due to being used to seeing ships that are not monochromatic. Keep 1~5 (as it is too time consuming to sell every type of camouflage for such small sum of credits) of the rest more expensive ones as a sort of collection album and sell the surplus as additional income.

As Spanish ships have their national flag "baked in" as neutrality marks that breaks the monotony and premacamoes of tiers 6 and 7 are just rust-free monochromatic grey, I feel happy to run them naked.

On 9/9/2023 at 4:27 PM, Asym said:

"Nope.  Didn't sell any when the change occurred either.  Why>?  Because, in another game, we went through the same things this game has done.....  And, everyone in that other game sold everything (camo's)...  Then, two years later, those very same camo's, with no real in game value, were changed to having "unique values" that that corporation sold to those whom sold all of the thousands of camo's they had !!!!   Oh, the crying and screaming could be heard on Mars.....(...)"

This!

Having sat on several hundreds of millions of ingame credits for more than a few years, I've decided to keep the skins precisely for the reason above, instead of liquidating them. If-need-be I could trade them into credits but it's probably not gonna happen. So for now I’ll just wait and see if WG makes another d***-move, and re-assigns some sort of value/function to the skins at some point. I doubt it, but you never know.

Until then the skins will just continue to pile up in my inventory….

Edited by ZeuSueZ1337
  • Like 1