Benham's glaring defect

Subtle_Octavian

Didn't plan on playing Ranked.. May have to dust off the ole Benham for a little spin.

Yeah..... WOULD have been a great Idea but Benham is T-9 🤨

3 hours ago, Col_NASTY said:

Didn't plan on playing Ranked.. May have to dust off the ole Benham for a little spin.

Yeah..... WOULD have been a great Idea but Benham is T-9 🤨

Don't ever rank up to gold. Subs, carriers, it's not fun. Silver is where the fun is!

18 hours ago, Subtle_Octavian said:

Don't ever rank up to gold. Subs, carriers, it's not fun. Silver is where the fun is!

Ranked?  What's that??? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Asym said:

Ranked?  What's that??? 

A place to earn steel and you can play however you like.

I use ranked to train with my ships as losses don't affect WR

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was having fun with you.  I've played Ranked and hate every moment of it.....  I get my 10 sticker and that is the only ranked match I usually play.  I did play some years earlier and lost so many matches that there was no reason to continue.   Then, friends of mine "ranked out" literally, not even trying and ranked out because of the statistical chances of someone else carrying you !   If that is possible, and it is, why even play?

Besides, who needs steel anymore anyway?  I have 342 ships and no desire to have another that will just sit in port doing nothing.   Heck, we won't even have snowflakes this year and that means, 332 ships will sit in port and do nothing this year again.  All anyone needs is about 10 ships.

I'm glad you enjoy playing Ranked.  A good many of us simply avoid everything PVP.

I had the same type of success with Benson in the bronze league (although not all in one session LOL). I think the US DDs are better than people give them credit for. Great guns and decent torp spreads.

Edited by palestreamer

Need to play closer to meta to not have a hard time the higher leagues you get. 

I keep Bronze as the "do weird stuff and play fun ships" ranked before i have to start playing meta in silver. 

On 9/8/2023 at 6:44 PM, Subtle_Octavian said:

you rank out too quickly.

LOL  Most people would say, "She's not in my Port." 

To them we say, "This is why."

On 9/8/2023 at 6:44 PM, Subtle_Octavian said:

Is you rank out too quickly. 

C9HCvOO.png

I saw this, congratulations !

I'd never be able to do that; the game wouldn't even allow it....  Some of us are "persona non grata"...........

• Like 1

That's an amazing streak.

I would love to see a couple of your replays to learn from you.

Any chance of getting a couple of your wins sent my way?

On 9/11/2023 at 1:29 PM, Asym said:

I saw this, congratulations !

I'd never be able to do that; the game wouldn't even allow it....  Some of us are "persona non grata"...........

The key is to aim where you know people want to go, not where the aiming reticle says they are going. They walk right into them.

Mind you Benham drops 16 of "them" every 60 seconds so it's a bit unfair.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/11/2023 at 3:04 PM, BCGrog said:

That's an amazing streak.

I would love to see a couple of your replays to learn from you.

Any chance of getting a couple of your wins sent my way?

Sadly I didn't install the unlimited replays mod, so they are gone already. 

Edited by Subtle_Octavian

On 9/10/2023 at 3:25 PM, palestreamer said:

I had the same type of success with Benson in the bronze league (although not all in one session LOL). I think the US DDs are better than people give them credit for. Great guns and decent torp spreads.

you cant even compare Benham to other US dds

31 minutes ago, Subtle_Octavian said:

The key is to aim where you know people want to go, not where the aiming reticle says they are going. They walk right into them.

you were saying...

haha

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Subtle_Octavian said:

I understand "aim where they will be" and use that thought process daily.  I gave up PVP because I have zero luck.  My list, as you provided, would be all orange with a few green entries....  So, why would I even attempt to play PVP when all I see are stomps...?  90% of the time, even, as I have experienced being in the top three scorers?

Thanks for the advice......