Editing your own posts

I_cant_Swim_

9 hours ago, I_cant_Swim_ said:

I have adjusted the time limit for members to edit their posts to 48 hours.

What was the original time limit?  I had a post that I was unable to edit immediately after submission, but that was an odd night for me.  I was too tired and it was a long post when I guess I did not realize that I was logged out; I logged back in and clicked submit, but then I saw numerous errors that I wanted to correct, but was then scolded by the website that I could not do so.  The website gave me an error message telling me that there was a problem, but I do not remember if it was a specific error code and that was the only time I have ever run into that issue.

Edited by Kaiserliche_garde

well, awkward that you ask. Originally this was 60min. I magnanimously increased this to 180min, and then later couldn't see what the fuss was and why folks still weren't happy. My last trek through the admin swamps, however, showed the time back at 60 min. I don't know if this was due to the recent software updates we had to do, but anyway, it would explain your experience.

5 hours ago, I_cant_Swim_ said:

well, awkward that you ask. Originally this was 60min. I magnanimously increased this to 180min, and then later couldn't see what the fuss was and why folks still weren't happy. My last trek through the admin swamps, however, showed the time back at 60 min. I don't know if this was due to the recent software updates we had to do, but anyway, it would explain your experience.

I don't think so, I probably did something no one else could replicate.  I didn't realize I was logged out, but typed out a long post and tried to submit, but could not because I was logged out.  I then logged in and was able to submit the post just fine.  The after seeing numerous errors I wanted to edit and while still logged in (that current session) and only a few minutes after submitting I was told, quite sternly, by the website that I could not.  If my memory serves me right I think I was given an error message, possibly with an error code to identify the issue, but I do not remember the code.  That was the only time I've been unable to edit a post immediately after posting, otherwise I have run into the time window/delay for editing, but nothing like this.

The edit time is an improvement. Can you set it to different times on different parts of the board? I know that clan recruitment posts are the sort of thing that would need to not have an edit time limit to avoid the need for duplicate posts every few days.