21 members have voted

1. 1. When Will Leipzig Be Released

• By The End Of The Month
    • By The End Of The Year
    • By The End Of The Decade
    • By The End Of The Century
    • Does WG Have A Clue Anymore
    • Bacon

My current thinking is that her an Schill will both release sometime in October as a tie-in for German Unity Day (October 3).

In regards to Leipzig’s extended development time, given the timing of her introduction to testing and the length of time WG has been sitting on her without making changes, I’m convinced she was originally intended to be the NY 2022 Dockyard mid-point reward alongside Schroder. It would have made a lot more sense to have a pair of German ships together in the dockyard than Schroder and Renown’44, and I suspect Renown’44 was never a planned release and her introduction and inclusion in the dockyard was a response to the dissatisfaction surrounding WG’s handling of the tech tree Renown.

Edited by Nevermore135

To use the new copypasta:

Soon: Copyright 2004-2023 Wargaming Ltd. All rights reserved. "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Wargaming Ltd and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Wargaming does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Wargaming will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon"

Spoiler

Although, apparently "Soon" is coming rather quickly in Russia compared to the rest of us...

ihdbGROvpVqcBWSYmJhwVwJaQ5dKJ6uKuMkDZ2dO.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Tbh........I don't really care. Before the ops rebork  I would have been all over to get her( never got Mackarrow). Nurnberg used to be my go to ship for T6 ops and she really shined in almost all of them (AEGIS perhaps less). Purchased permacamo for her and she made for me caps, silver and FXP( still have 9.5 mil Xp on her and she helped me to get Laska on both accounts in a week ).

Since the ops rebork.......she is a port queen. Sad....

2 hours ago, invicta2012 said:

Well... what is she supposed to do that Nurnberg and Makarov don't?

10 km torps on 68 sec reload ?

Edited by Andrewbassg
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Andrewbassg said:

Fair enough, it's a twist, but probably a distraction from the things a Nurnberg type does best, which is HE based gunnery. I can see she has a small stealth torp window, which is good news, as the last thing you want in a Nurnburg is to get spotted while turrning to get torps away. 

2 hours ago, invicta2012 said:

Fair enough, it's a twist, but probably a distraction from the things a Nurnberg type does best, which is HE based gunnery. I can see she has a small stealth torp window, which is good news, as the last thing you want in a Nurnburg is to get spotted while turrning to get torps away. 

Its not like I knew it either. Looked up on Wiki. 😉 https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Leipzig

And you have a fair good point, coz she pays for those torps with worse reload (7.5), worse range (13.5) and that is pretty significant for a HE singling light cruiser  (aka floating cit.) She gains almost 3 km in conceal (9.67) buuut...... given T6 and double Cv games..... Maybe she fits in for some special modes, like brawl, but then again.....

Edited by Andrewbassg

11 hours ago, Andrewbassg said:

Does she still explode when a BB looks in her direction? Yes? Well then GL getting into range do drop those torps and back alive…

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Does she still explode when a BB looks in her direction? Yes? Well then GL getting into range do drop those torps and back alive…

I believe so and you even get a special Leipzig DET Badge to go with it 😁 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

🙂 Maybe Soshi will jump in aand.....post some screens....A48E2DD6-327E-4E69-B995-CD0955AA6217.gif

Still.....go Tiger and go......Leipzig, hmmm...

On 9/8/2023 at 7:46 AM, tm63au said:

When  are we going to get this ship ?

18 hours ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

To use the new copypasta:

Soon: Copyright 2004-2023 Wargaming Ltd. All rights reserved. "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Wargaming Ltd and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Wargaming does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Wargaming will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon"

Reveal hidden contents

Although, apparently "Soon" is coming rather quickly in Russia compared to the rest of us...

ihdbGROvpVqcBWSYmJhwVwJaQ5dKJ6uKuMkDZ2dO.jpg

SPACEBALLS (1987) | We're in "Now" Now | MGM

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

So she eventually made it. She looks more like a torpboat DD, with 4x3 10km torps with a little over 1 min reload... and with her 8.7 concealment (incl. captain skill).

She’s finally here, but I can’t help but think this looks more than a bit cobbled together. It’s really odd that she comes with a themed commander but lacks the similarly themed camo (Preussen gets the camo instead). Given that the other camo is for a Soviet ship (to match the new Soviet commander) and Scarlet Thunder comes with a themed camo and commander, I get the impression that Leipzig was shoe-horned into this event as an afterthought.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

She’s finally here, but I can’t help but think this looks more than a bit cobbled together. It’s really odd that she comes with a themed commander but lacks the similarly themed camo (Preussen gets the camo instead). Given that the other camo is for a Soviet ship (to match the new Soviet commander) and Scarlet Thunder comes with a themed camo and commander, I get the impression that Leipzig was shoe-horned into this event as an afterthought.

My impression is that in the original RU event, the 3 Atompunk-themed camouflages and event commanders are set as pairs: Grant with Scarlet Thunder, Orlov with Delny and GM-22D with Preussen, as a group of naval commanders of a retrofuturistic Sci-Fi naval squadron. Exchange rates problem notwithstanding, though S. Thunder is also chain bundle exclusive, event camoes for Delny and Preussen are offered as anniversary gifts (take the place of Zieten's Interdimensional Shift) that can be earned with little difficulty for a veteran player. Yet the "Cypriots" decided to generate some income from them.

Besides that one for Minsk is also shoe-horned, I recall originally in RU that was released for Belarussian national day event.

Question is... is Leipzig going to remain in the Armory or she'll go away with this event? Just trying to figure out if she will be a rarity or not...

7 minutes ago, SmokinSerj said:

Question is... is Leipzig going to remain in the Armory or she'll go away with this event? Just trying to figure out if she will be a rarity or not...

Don't they usually return a little later so you can use a coupon to buy them? At least, unless they prove to be 'popular'.

12 minutes ago, SmokinSerj said:

WG is unlikely to provide this information to maintain the FOMO. That being said:

4 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Don't they usually return a little later so you can use a coupon to buy them? At least, unless they prove to be 'popular'.

^This. Leipzig will probably be handled in the same way similar ships have been in the past and show up in the Armory and shop after a month or two, especially as she seems to have been thrown into this event as a vehicle to sell the event commander at an inflated price over any other reason.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 2

she looks like a beast.  Great concealment with ap that will knock your lights out. and when all that is through he wacks you with her fish.   Shame she has useless AA.

Worse Reload, Range and Turret Rotation than Nürnberg for better Torpedos, i don't think that is a fair trade. Boring camo or better no camo at all, where is the camo that the russian server got? The event commander looks good, but i find the voice unfitting and annoying, i think i will skip this one. 

You don't need range at tier 6.  It actually gets you in more trouble, especially in a ship with overmatched citadel deck.  Slower traverse?  Who needs fast traverse when you got 360 turrets?       I'll give up 2 seconds reload for 2k concealment any day.  Oh and useable torps outside of suicide run?  yes please!    OK OK, the AA is turd balls but she gets defensive AA in a seperate slot! that's got to count for...  one more plane shot down at least!    To top it all off,  air strike depth charges!    Ok this is personal preference but seriously cruiser depth charging a sub normally amounts to being dev struck.

Edited by WES_HoundDog
  • Like 1

So the fact that it looks like you only get like 40 of the tokens.  Does this make everything a moot point anyway or do they plan to put out more missions for more tokens?  Anyone know?