Confusing results screens

SunkCostFallacy

I just had a match. No prizes for guessing which ship I was in biggrinsmiley.gif.d7663cbcb5eae3b6e719ce79c7003c26.gif

Here's the standard initial results screen:

shot-23_09.08_16_11.41-0652.thumb.jpg.579165bdda39a86138920267456af5a1.jpg

Here's the detailed screen.

shot-23_09.08_16_11.59-0183.thumb.jpg.285cd2123c35c0ef10f08f2aedcfbdb3.jpg

Notice anything?

I don't have premium time, yet the initial results screen reported my income as if I did.

I didn't earn 98,139 credits ... I earned (before deductions) 65,426 credits.

I waded through my screen shots and found one where I'd had a 1000BXP game when I had some free premium time and found these:

shot-22_11.16_18_29.48-0095.thumb.jpg.1f161c2281c950557537c164dbf30687.jpg

shot-22_11.16_18_30.08-0422.thumb.jpg.9dccc334198150f8396b734ef1020028.jpg

Obviously this has been going on forever and I've never noticed it ... does anyone know WHY the credits earned figure in the initial results screen is always, what appears to me at least to be, wrong?

That's interesting. WG have actually calculated with the correct scores, so you haven't been rewarded with too high returns. The Victory screen, though, makes it look like that. Must be a new bug feature.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, I_cant_Swim_ said:

That's interesting. WG have actually calculated with the correct scores, so you haven't been rewarded with too high returns. The Victory screen, though, makes it look like that. Must be a new bug feature.

It's not that new mate ...

That second set of screen shots is from last year.

It actually isn’t “wrong.” The number shown on the personal score page is the total earnings for that battle, which is the base earning plus any modifiers and rewards (for example, from missions).

It just so happens that the Tier X bonus package and premium time give the same credit bonus — +50%. If you used a different tier ship or one that didn’t have a bonus package, they wouldn’t be the same number.

If you look at the screenshots from your battle with premium time, it shows you received 471,621 credits. Which equals 314,414 (base earnings) + 157,207 (bonus package). If the number on the personal score screen just showed the base earnings, it should have been 314,414 in that example. 

Edited by MidnightPhoenix07
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

It actually isn’t “wrong.” The number shown on the personal score page is the total net earnings, which is the base earning plus any modifiers and rewards (for example, from missions).

It just so happens that the Tier X bonus package and premium time give the same credit bonus — +50%.

If you look at the screenshots from your battle with premium time, it shows you received 471,621 credits. Which equals 314,414 (base earnings) + 157,207 (bonus package). 

Ah!

So they show the gross credits, but on the detailed screen it shows the net credits as a result of subtracting the service and ammo charges.

Hmmm ... well, it's a weird way to do it, but fair enough.

Just now, SunkCostFallacy said:

Ah!

So they show the gross credits, but on the detailed screen it shows the net credits as a result of subtracting the service and ammo charges.

Hmmm ... well, it's a weird way to do it, but fair enough.

Yes. The personal score screen shows the total amount of a given resource you earned in the battle (which is what counts towards missions, for example). The detailed screen shows the full breakdown of any modifiers, and also shows the profit you made in that battle (total earnings minus expenses for service and ammo).

• Like 1