Forum Migration Welcome Thread

GambitHG

Nice new digs. I think I'll stay a while.

I just thought we could use a thread where we can all introduce ourselves again. Only one one post per member in this thread please. Just say hi and maybe what you hope this forum will become.

I'm GambitHG from the NA server. Hoping to have a vibrant, diverse community again that's not Discord and includes all of LWM's analyses in one place!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ensign_Cthulhu from the  NA server here, finally free to put a space between my names instead of an underscore.

• Like 2

Welcome everyone! I'm yss_turtleship but you can call me Turtle. I play on the NA server and a big fan and user of the old forums.

I would like Devstrike.net to be a home for those who were left homeless by the closing of the original WoWs forums. I want it to continue the tradition of providing detailed, relevant, and current information about the game to those who seek it. I want it to be a place for a new player to come to and be able to say "This is the place I can learn how to play, ask questions from players who have a passion for the  game and who can remember what it is like to be a new player."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ahoy mates!

Welcome old and new forumites. I'm from the old forums, both ASIA (SEA) and EU. Those on NA I've only met on PTS and Discord before. I was not the most proliferant poster on the forum, but I did reach the 'rank' of Admiral of the Fleet there (applauds here if you please). Nonetheless, my battle count remained higher than my post count....

I'm hoping we can make this place a new home for the community since we were made homeless by powers that be. I think it's a huge plus that for the first time (apart from Discord) we have a global forum which should make things so much easier as we no longer have to search for the same information all over the world, literally. I especially think devstrike.net should become the hub for the community, and if there isn't, I'd like to see some kind of Links/Resources section here on the forum for easy access to various other WoWS related sites, including the WoWS wiki.

I'm loving it here, because I can use enter to start a new paragraph again without having to do those 'finger gymnastics' like on Discord. I suppose the only things I will miss are the Discord emojis, same as I miss the naughtical style emojis from the old forums. One thing I also miss is the EU unlimited reactions function.

I still retain the WG style underscore...

Admiral_Karasu ASIA EU

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Glad there's finally somewhere for WoWs people to gather. Reddit wasn't as bad as I had thought, but still worse than any forum.

Still, it served it's purpose, to let people know there was an actual forum up and running.

Mordt from NA.

• Like 1

Great to see this place pop up so soon after the death of the " Other " Forum.

Now we, the forumites,  need to promote/$upport this one so it becomes 100 times more popular than the old one.

The NEW best place to learn , Share and just BE,  for WOWS people everywhere.

This is the way.

Col Out

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just in:  Simpleton

A legend in his own mind here to speak hyperbolicly about his fantastic game play in WoWs.  Glad to be here.

I'm AdmiralMcintosh of the NA server I came here cause I want to troll sub players share information to help others.

23 minutes ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

Just in:  Simpleton

A legend in his own mind here to speak hyperbolicly about his fantastic game play in WoWs.  Glad to be here.

14 minutes ago, AdmiralMcintosh said:

I'm AdmiralMcintosh of the NA server I came here cause I want to troll sub players share information to help others.

8 minutes ago, Paradat said:

Hello all.

Welcome, you guys! Take your shoes off and make yourself at home!

• Thanks 1

2ki0wGZ.pngHullo, I'm LittleWhiteMouse from the North America server.

• I'm a nerd.
  • I like helping people.
  • I overshare when I'm enthusiastic about something.

If you need to reach me, if you have any questions or what have you, don't be shy about pinging me with @LittleWhiteMouse.  Otherwise, I'm not likely to see a message as I obsess about some weirdness or another and totally miss what's going on.  Direct messages work too.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 2

Hi everyone.  Got a ? that I'm going to ask here, since the site is brand new and there isn't a support section yet.

I see all/most of you have member images showing.  Mine is uploaded, but not showing.   What am I missing?  Are there size limitations?  TIA

• Thanks 1

@Slammer58 You need to head to the very top of your profile where your profile currently has "S".  You can change it to the image you have in your Personal Information/Member Image.  All you need to do is upload it and you should be all set.  See attached as an example:

Slammer58.png

• Thanks 1

Ahoy!  Tis I, the mighty Sir Ducken.  (I have a title because I have minions.)

How long will it take for me to rack up another 20,000 posts?

Edited by iDuckman
  • Like 1

ZeuSueZ1337 from EU.

Hoping the general vibe will replicate that of the forum before the contributer walkout a few years ago.

5 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Ensign_Cthulhu from the  NA server here, finally free to put a space between my names instead of an underscore.

Hilariously, I did the same, then the admin graciously changed my username to what it was on the forums 😛
Which I understand is a generous, respectful gesture and all, but....oh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 3