[ENG] - Mermaid's Wrath - v3.1

Chobittsu

titlecard1_by_chobittsu_studios-dcdugwm.

Mermaid's Wrath is a total overhaul of the English language voices of World of Warships. Containing everything from Quick Commands and Torpedo Warnings to PvE Operations and even the Tutorial~! Love the aesthetic of the Haifuri/ARP/Azur Lane characters but can't understand Japanese? Do you just want a soft, feminine voice warning you about your ship being on fire? Or do you just want to replace the hammy acting of the PvE Operations? We’ve got you covered with over 1000 voiced lines of dialogue!

We’ve also branched into crew portraits and even changed the captain names~!

latest_by_chobittsu_studios-dcs8in5.png

Eventually, we're going to have a nice installer program for the pack, but for now we'll have to do with the separate part download links for manual download, you can find these below.
Mermaid's Wrath - Voice Pack (v3.1)
Mermaid's Wrath - Crew Portraits (v2.9.7.6)

Mermaid's Wrath - Automatic Crew Naming Tool (v1.4.2)

instructions_by_chobittsu_studios-dcs8kw

Unpack the downloaded files to the current version within the res_mods folder found in your wows client installation folder, Pick Mermaid's Wrath from the Voiceover modification in the game settings and set sail~!  

shot-18_06.15_21_13.10-0845.png.4e1805a9940cc144219f67abe30cfcc4-1.png

help_by_chobittsu_studios-dcs8kwr.png

Wanna help out but don't have a sultry or cute voice of an angel? You can help us afford those that do! In this business, every penny helps and is appreciated~!

imageproxy.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

This is one of my favorite mods, honestly. I love going to battle with these gals! Funny story. I had originally heard the Lady Liberty voice-over during a stream and wanted to get her. But, alas, I had to wait for an event to be available before I could get her. So, I went looking in the forums to see what else was out there. Lo and behold, I found Mermaid's Wrath. 

This mod is so awesome that when I finally got the chance to get the Liberty Commander, it felt underwhelming compared to Mermaid's Wrath. I think I did one battle before going back to ladies of the sea!

Ever since then, I've never been without the Mermaids. Thank you to you and the gals for this awesome mod!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, yss_turtleship said:

It's stories like this that keep me going~   I dunno if I can keep up with the demands of pump out a billion captain portraits, but I do have more plans in motion for voices, and not just here either, I've got my sights set on Stellaris as well and am working on a small prototype for that too~

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Although I agree with my clanmate 100%, the only thing I can add is...

I'm still waiting on my ladle!

image.thumb.png.cc24655ed884f1f0d548884559d9fda0.png

Edited by Exchequer
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 9/8/2023 at 4:51 AM, Chobittsu said:

I've got my sights set on Stellaris as well and am working on a small prototype for that too~

I'm a Stellaris player and would love to hear more about this project's status. I bet that you will have a lot more leeway with what you can work with this property encompassing such a bigger space.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 12/19/2023 at 12:11 PM, yss_turtleship said:

I'm a Stellaris player and would love to hear more about this project's status. I bet that you will have a lot more leeway with what you can work with this property encompassing such a bigger space.

Still crafting the scripts for it but I hope to have the first module started early next year, now that things with my current job are quieting down. (The brass liked my diagrams and illustrations, we'll probably get more gigs soon~)

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Chobittsu said:

Still crafting the scripts for it but I hope to have the first module started early next year, now that things with my current job are quieting down. (The brass liked my diagrams and illustrations, we'll probably get more gigs soon~)

Awesome!! I wish you much success and I'm looking forward to the final product.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Chobittsu said:

I really thought this was fantastic!  Keep up the good work.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Exchequer said:

I really thought this was fantastic!  Keep up the good work.

Next trailer might have ships I've been working on.   Dennis and I have been chippin' away at the Congreve-class used by the UK, Australia, New Zealand and Canada (One of the Canadian ships might end up with a very familiar camo pattern~), and Theo and I have plans for a European Deep Space Mobile Exploration Platform that we've been brainstorming back and forth for a couple months.    But any news past that is top secret so keep an eye on our project twitter for news;

• Like 3