Your favorite ship to play PVE

Gillhunter

I start my day playing the Helena. Just love how the ship plays in PVE. I normally only play one battle a day in her, but it's always my first one. She has a 21 point captain and 4,000,000+ ship xp.😄

Does anyone else have a favorite that they always start the day with?

• Like 2

First it was with the Smolensk. Then the Harugumo. But for the longest time, it was the Minotaur. I got my first Co-op battle with her that breached the 1,000 Base XP mark.

When I finally unlocked the Schlieffen, the German battleship took over role. I just like watching those secondary guns go to work. Plus the torpedoes, if their tubes survive long enough, can bring down those cheating bots. 😄

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Gillhunter said:

She has a 21 point captain and 4,000,000+ ship xp.

Sweet mother of Christ, that's dedication!

I was very lax with my Helena - but that was mostly because I already had the Cleveland at Tier 8 from when the US cruiser line split happened, and it was more a matter of "Let's play this ship to say we've done it". If I want a ship in her bracket, I mostly play the Boise because she's premium; perhaps I should give the Helena another look.

14 minutes ago, Frostbow said:

First it was with the Smolensk.

Heh. I have over a million XP in co-op on the Smol. I got her the day she came out, and I remember the glory days of being able to squirt a rainbow of fire out to 19km. 

16 minutes ago, Frostbow said:

When I finally unlocked the Schlieffen

Schlieffen is WG's greatest gift to co-op BB players. Every now and then, I tell myself I should pull Lutjens off the Z-52 and spend the dubs to transfer him across. 

• Like 1

For me it's the Salem ... which probably comes as little surprise to anyone who's seen me waxing rhapsodic about her.

I use her to train my captains ... so technically she's had three 21 point captains :D

As to the XP on her ... I had to go and look and I'm not sure if I'm impressed or embarrassed:

SalemXP070923.jpg.acfd3a3d44f5c63fc544192788245549.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I run through my roster, 1 game per ship

Yamato   1621 games

Tulsa  376

Illinois  123

Des Moines   1487

Salem  1372

Worcester  1079

Smolensk  1202

Incomparable  242

Minotaur  708

Colbert 588

Bourgogne 72

and usually 3-5 games from other ships, these vary according to tech tree completions etc.

Edited by Efros

I don't play Scenarios so for me PVE = Co-op.

My most played ship overall in Co-op is Missouri @ 987 games. However, as much as I like it, and boy do I, it is not my favorite ship for Co-op. I have so many games in it because it is my go to for mission tasks, campaigns, etc... where credit earnings are called for. Nothing compares to OG Missouri for credit earnings. 1 Million+ credits is not only possible in Co-op with Missouri but with just a reasonable effort/game vs world record type games others need (at least a blue boost needs to be used of course).

It is hard to really say what my favorite ship is as I have a lot of them I really enjoy and I play everything except for Subs (ewww...icky...yuck...boo...hiss...not a chance). My favorite can vary as well based on simple whim, wanting something a little different for a while, or even what WG does to the game or ship in question (ie; changes made). So favorite can vary based on many factors.

I guess however I will say Montana. It was my 1st T10 and I have loved it ever since. It has been a consistent player for me right along and is my 2nd most played ship @ 874 games played which is almost 200 more than the next closest (Ohio @ 690 - Co-op has changed and it just isn't as good as it once was there or it would probably be my pick for favorite). I just like it and do well in it is what it boils down to and I play it pretty much every day at least 1 game. Generally, that game is the 2nd of the day as I have a good shot at doing the 500 BXP daily in 1 go with it.

It has always had good guns which can be relied on which is huge in this game as so many ships can't say that. Once WG lowered the citadels on US BB's it became pretty tough and tanky. Before the CV Rework with an AA build it was pretty much a no fly zone but even now it has good AA at least (not as good as it once was but no ship is - still good for the current system). Actually has decent secondary's for a tech tree US BB. Decent speed as well. Just a good JOAT. I also have the Legendary Mod (Unique Upgrade) for it which helps with durability in the brawl meta of Co-op.

So Montana gets the vote.

• Games Played: 874
  • Avg Damage: 106,098
  • Avg Kills:  1.69
  • High Damage: 361,389
  • High Kills: 6
  • High Planes: 74
  • High Potential Damage: 4,277,600
  • Highest BXP: 1219

2.jpg.8b09db9763f2909a70d16c32d19e4ca7.jpg

1.thumb.jpg.0211fa9b99e75965133efa0883df6aa7.jpg

Edited by AdmiralThunder

Kitakaze gets played everyday for RB grinds, I free xp to the Kita once per quarter and then reset it. Cuts down my free xp cost to roughly 500k.

If there are no missions and I wasn't grinding ships I'd probably play these ships to do my dailies: Colbert/Bourgogne/Marceu/Incomparable/Salem/Schlieffen. As well all know if you aren't fast in most coop matches you aren't gonna get anything. 

Side question, does anyone else feel like superships are the biggest content that is basically ignored in coop? I seem to only find them used by bots. 

51 minutes ago, GandalfTehGray said:

Side question, does anyone else feel like superships are the biggest content that is basically ignored in coop? I seem to only find them used by bots. 

Giving it some thought ... I agree. I rarely see superships in COOP.

I don't have one, but I wonder about the economics of running them in COOP. Perhaps they are just too much of a credit drain for most people given the pretty low incoming COOP generates.

In Coop, I'd often take the Bayard out for daily runs. Good for captain training, in their early careers. The Helena is one of my favorites, though. Very relaxing and enjoyable to play, especially when fully upgraded. For Ops, I'd start with something like the Massachusetts, or the Zieten.

Always use these--

Marceau

Alaska B

Bayard

Atago

Leningrad

Lenin

Atlanta

San Diego

Flint

Mainz

Tirpitz

Massachusets

Roma

Kii

KGV

Hood---it does have good days.

Warspite

Kaga

Pommern

Plus quite a few others as the mood takes me,do i want to play british or french maybe american today etc.

Plus Mikasa and Smith just for laughs.

• Like 1

For me, it's torp cruisers, particularly the IJN and RN ones; it's mainly because I'm all manner of rubbish in cruisers against real people, so Coop gives me something fun to do with them.

If I have to pick just the one, it'll probably be variations on Atago, which goes some way to explaining the lunacy in my port:

image.thumb.png.10029bd29207d4a880515a1fbdcd439b.png

I don't play Ops much except for when I'm div'ng with one of my clanmates.  For the longest time, I played the BC side of the RN line starting with the Renown. I didn't have a proper BB since I haven't worked any TT BBs ( I'm a DD main) and I had that line because  I participated in the early release for it. 

During the trade-in event, I decided to trade my Sherman for the Tirpitz. I'm happy to get it for its historical aspects and also to have a proper BB for Ops.

My weapon of choice for PvE (mostly Operations) is pretty much the same as otherwise, a goodish torpedo build DD. Typically, either Japanese or Swedish, this means Harekaze most often, but I'm trying to expand my selection. I typically pick a premium DD, but I'm also sometimes taking Kagero out for a spin, or a T6. Sometimes I take a solid BB, like Nagato, or Massachusetts. I'm also trying to get back into the habit of playing cruisers in operations. I don't have any real favorites, at least not yet. Well, Myoko seems to be something of a solid pick.

9 hours ago, GandalfTehGray said:

Kitakaze gets played everyday for RB grinds, I free xp to the Kita once per quarter and then reset it. Cuts down my free xp cost to roughly 500k.

If there are no missions and I wasn't grinding ships I'd probably play these ships to do my dailies: Colbert/Bourgogne/Marceu/Incomparable/Salem/Schlieffen. As well all know if you aren't fast in most coop matches you aren't gonna get anything. 

8 hours ago, SunkCostFallacy said:

Giving it some thought ... I agree. I rarely see superships in COOP.

I don't have one, but I wonder about the economics of running them in COOP. Perhaps they are just too much of a credit drain for most people given the pretty low incoming COOP generates.

I actually see them on a somewhat routine basis being played by humans. Mostly the BB's and Cruisers. Humans playing SS DD's isn't as common but you see it now and then. Human's playing SS CV's seems to be pretty rare in Co-op. I don't see a lot of SS in a match (think most I have seen with humans playing them in 1 game is 4) but I do see people play them in Co-op.

The issue is basically that service fee. While it is greatly reduced for Co-op (234,000) vs PVP (360,000) you still need to run blue boosts at a minimum to at least breakeven on a standard Co-op game (service fee is reduced yes but so is the base credit earnings in Co-op and more so than the service fee is). In a match where you do really well you can make quite a good sized chunk of credits using a blue boost. Normally I run green boosts as it minimizes the credit loss in normal games (75K +/- loss usually max - can be more if you gets tuck with all T9's though) and I have a ton of those. Running blue boosts, when I do, generally results in north of 100K credits profits and can be 200-300K+ depending on MM and how well I do.

I have quite a few of the SS and play them fairly often in Co-op (only place I have). Best matches are always you and all bots but that applies to any tier of ship (IMHO). I will get Devastation when it comes out and probably play it some (fires in a BB tasks come to mind) and I WILL get Maine when it finally comes out being a US BB fanboy and Montana being my favorite ship. That will be played quite a bit I expect unless it is really bad.

So far for me...

• Patrie - 154 games / 162,372 avg / 450,596 high
  • Eagle - 133 games / 100.466 avg / 298,537 high
  • Clausewitz - 86 games / 151,034 avg / 352,180 high
  • Hannover - 77 games / 163,099 avg / 370,851 high
  • Annapolis - 53 games / 130,528 / 481,154 high
  • United States - 52 games / 86,618 avg / 211,699 high
  • Edgar - 51 games / 117,794 avg / 292,730 high
  • Ushakov - 46 games / 154,110 avg / 352,917 high
  • Yamagiri - 27 games / 77,524 avg / 243,201 high
  • Satsuma - 25 games / 130,023 avg / 316,006 high
  • Conde - 24 games / 112,854 avg / 233,553 high
  • Sekiryu - 9 games / 80,029 avg / 138,273 high

So I do pretty well in them when I do play them in Co-op. The 3 I am a bit low on are for various reasons. In Yamagiri I almost always wind up in games with all humans, T9's, and mostly DD's and Cruisers which limits what you can do with the long torp reload. United States might be powerful in PVP with its DOT fire damage output but for Co-op it sucks. DOT fire damage and not having regular torp planes is a huge negative for Co-op play. I just don't care for IJN CV's other than Kaga so Sekiryu doesn't get used much. Sekiryu isn't bad it just isn't a favorite and I barely touch it.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

I start at the first non-SS ship and work down the list.  Halland, Napoli, Bourgogne, Marceau......till I run out of time or patience.   And, I play Operations most nights.

So, I looked at my Profile most played and it starts:  Yamato (2,487), Haragumo (1977), Bourgogne (1,508), Smolensk, Akizuki   you get the idea 

Old school: STRIKE repeat STRIKE Bogue, New Mexico, Normandie, (with ocean liner camo,) Marblehead, Konigsburg, Fletcher.

More recently: GkF, Friesland, Bayard, Harugumo.

Most recently: Illinois, Velos, the T6 premium Spanish cruiser. (Apologies, can’t remember the name.)

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

Order of play - 

Fiji

Lightning

Neptune

Colbert

Bourg

Nurnberg

Repub

I allende (or whatever the hell it's called)

Santander

Brisbane

Daring

Then some random crap just for the fun of it (random ships, not battles, I'm not certifiable!)

Well, my stats say...

IV - Danae

V - Emerald / Podvoiskiy

VI - Nurnberg / A.Cochrane / Aigle / Aoba

VII - Blyska / Tokachi / Mahan

VIII -Loyang / Hampshire/ Mainz /  Harbin / Hipper

IX - Neptune / Buffalo / Pommern

X - Marceau  / Smolensk / Napoli

Which suggests that Torpedoes, Speed, Hydro, and a decent HP pool are the key factors for Co-op goodness.

Edited by invicta2012
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My most played ships in Coop are the Des Moines (3742 games) and Salem (2810 games) brothers. Des Moines spots an average BXP of 535 and damage of 96K+.

Wow I wish I had the data on which ones I actually do play the most in co-op.  I know that Atlanta, Marbleheads/Murmansk, and Tirpitz are probably near the top of the list for games played. They were some of my first premiums and got played quite a bit. The new IJN light cruiser we got from the first Battle Pass is played every day since I got her. Then I play Atlanta, and then Weimar.  If I still haven't finished that second daily BP mission, I will generally use Dido for no other reason than the name makes me laugh. 

14 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

Wow I wish I had the data on which ones I actually do play the most in co-op.  I know that Atlanta, Marbleheads/Murmansk, and Tirpitz are probably near the top of the list for games played. They were some of my first premiums and got played quite a bit. The new IJN light cruiser we got from the first Battle Pass is played every day since I got her. Then I play Atlanta, and then Weimar.  If I still haven't finished that second daily BP mission, I will generally use Dido for no other reason than the name makes me laugh. 

Taylor the main WOWS site has that info for you under Players > Co-op (it is also available in Port under your Profile >Summary). Here is your WOWS Players page showing you most played ships in Co-op... (note - Tokachi is only at like 203 games right now so not in your top most played ships yet)

1.thumb.jpg.577466ab22d352e80611a004d03b2e3b.jpg

Edited by AdmiralThunder

Favorite ship is the Hindenburg.  This thing is a beast in co-op.  Hard hitting guns, solid armor, decent secondaries, and 4 racks of torpedoes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Taylor the main WOWS site has that info for you under Players > Co-op (it is also available in Port under your Profile >Summary). Here is your WOWS Players page showing you most played ships in Co-op... (note - Tokachi is only at like 203 games right now so not in your top most played ships yet)

1.thumb.jpg.577466ab22d352e80611a004d03b2e3b.jpg

Wow that isn't many games for 7 or 8 years of playing. I had forgotten about Bogue, she fun to play and the ship I liked playing in PvP especially when they gave her the 1/1/1 loadout.  Thanks for the information Thunder, looking at the numbers in game now. Tokachi is normally the ship I play immediately when entering the game, then Atlanta so those numbers will grow over time. 

• Like 1

I've been thinking about this thread and last night, I remembered the Munchen.  If the title of this thread was "what is your favorite PVE ship", the Munchen would be it.

I picked her up with a 30 day, 200% mission and played that ship all day long for 30 days.  443 matches and found, she simply is the most "balanced" combatant in my port....

If we ever get seven players to play Ops again, which won't happen since we lost most of our clan (we're were 41 and now we have 7 active players !), we'll play an all tier 6 or tier 7 RO......  That will be my go to ship.

• Like 1