Superships Here Superships There Superships Everywhere

tm63au

Trying to get through this Azur lane event before its over playing German BBs and boy are the superships thick and fast even in Coop.

shot-23_09.07_16_47.15-0456.thumb.jpg.7e497e7383acce19d0e9995a64435af8.jpg

whats the legal limit these days i always thought it was 3 only

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

How much do you bleed credits if you play coop with those superships?

That particular game 75 thousand it cost me 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, tm63au said:

and boy are the superships thick and fast even in Coop

image.thumb.png.88d55369616b26164050b5b1aeaa6ba2.png

All six superships on the human team are bots. The humans brought a GK, a Schlieffen and a Worcester. Almost unsurprising that the MM puts up a supership-heavy team in order to face that. 

There are no limits on superships in MM; only on specific ship types (CV, DD, SS, whatever). 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, tm63au said:

Trying to get through this Azur lane event before its over playing German BBs and boy are the superships thick and fast even in Coop.

shot-23_09.07_16_47.15-0456.thumb.jpg.7e497e7383acce19d0e9995a64435af8.jpg

whats the legal limit these days i always thought it was 3 only

I am aware of no limits on tier 11 ships in the matchmaker...

22 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

image.thumb.png.88d55369616b26164050b5b1aeaa6ba2.png

All six superships on the human team are bots. The humans brought a GK, a Schlieffen and a Worcester. Almost unsurprising that the MM puts up a supership-heavy team in order to face that. 

There are no limits on superships in MM; only on specific ship types (CV, DD, SS, whatever). 

Wait what? There's literally no reason for those bots to be having superships there, unless this is a direct result of a design choice by WG. In which case, I'd be very interested to know what's behind that decision.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Wait what? There's literally no reason for those bots to be having superships there, unless this is a direct result of a design choice by WG. In which case, I'd be very interested to know what's behind that decision.

My guess would be to try to intice players to play superships, just like when they put subs or CVs on your team when no human does.

Edited by Gillhunter
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Gillhunter said:

My guess would be to try to incise players to play superships, just like when they put subs or CVs on your team when no human does.

Whatever it is, there's gotta be some devious design behind it knowing WG.

10 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Agreed. Superships, as we all know are a massive credit sink in PvE.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Ditch the tinfoil hat. It's not healthy for you. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Bored 3

36 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Ditch the tinfoil hat. It's not healthy for you. 

Well there ain't no Wargaming/WoWS caps for sale anywhere....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

hahahaha..........money, silly Captain, money.   Taken; Earned; Appropriated; or, Absconded.  Money.  They want us broke, barren, hopelessly poor; so they can sell us some "cake to eat..."  Wonder why we've had:  skill tree; economy, art and, game engine changes?  To bankrupt us older players and to feed whales....   Can't have eSales to a class of players that have "everything....."    That 75k is nothing to them - they want us to "pay them every match" to be entertained.... 

This is the way       

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Asym said:

hahahaha..........money, silly Captain, money.   Taken; Earned; Appropriated; or, Absconded.  Money.  They want us broke, barren, hopelessly poor; so they can sell us some "cake to eat..."  Wonder why we've had:  skill tree; economy, art and, game engine changes?  To bankrupt us older players and to feed whales....   Can't have eSales to a class of players that have "everything....."    That 75k is nothing to them - they want us to "pay them every match" to be entertained.... 

This is the way       

Indeed. The search for more money is ongoing all day every day.

If you want to enjoy this game, go into it with both eyes open...

• Like 1

I'm not sure which is the most jaw-droppingly bewildering complaint here: reference to money in the context of tech-tree ships, or complaining about their presence in co-op as bots in large numbers, in which context they are up-tier targets to be farmed for their XP. 

It's like listening to co-op players complain when MM gives them a green bot CV. I remember people screaming blue murder back in the day when red bot CVs were absent for a while (to rework their AI), the bots got an extra BB to compensate, and you had to crawl toward plane-kill goals by shooting down spotters and fighters from bot cruisers at close range.

I have 115 million credits in hand, but I'm still not buying supers because I've tried most if not all of them in PTS and they're not sufficiently more enjoyable or powerful to make up for the costs. When I find one that is, I'll consider it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

That's the "conspiracy theory" explanation.

Another hypothetical explanation is that the matchmaker program is bored of seeing only Tier-9 or Tier-10 ships and wants to spice things up.  🙂 

2 hours ago, Gillhunter said:

Superships, as we all know are a massive credit sink in PvE.

Yes.
But they're affordable to play when on the Public Test Server, because of the different economy there.

Just now, Wolfswetpaws said:

Another hypothetical explanation is that the matchmaker program is bored of seeing only Tier-9 or Tier-10 ships and wants to spice things up.  🙂 

Remember also that we theoretically have quota bands for how many matches the player is top and bottom tier...

A tier 9 ship needing a bottom tier match means that there needs to be tier 11 ships...and if no players are in queue with those...you are going to get bots.

It's part of the core design of the matchmaker. This isn't conspiracy theory territory...this is the obvious business strategy of the game.

1 hour ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Well there ain't no Wargaming/WoWS caps for sale anywhere....

A quick internet search revealed ...

image_2023-09-08_095724033.thumb.png.67acd77d6b0b764af044f626df2e16cb.png  

https://world-of-warships-shop.fourthwall.com/products/ship-happens-beanie

I found merchandise on this site, too.
https://www.redbubble.com/shop/world+of+warships+hats

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:
8 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Remember also that we theoretically have quota bands for how many matches the player is top and bottom tier...

A tier 9 ship needing a bottom tier match means that there needs to be tier 11 ships...and if no players are in queue with those...you are going to get bots.

It's part of the core design of the matchmaker. This isn't conspiracy theory territory...this is the obvious business strategy of the game.

Then the programming is behaving as programmed, eh?  🙂 

Someone please remind me again why "superships" exist. WOWs has progressed from built ships, to actual designed, but not built ships, to ships designed on a bar napkin,while consuming adult beverages that were never going to be built.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Gillhunter said:

Someone please remind me again why "superships" exist. WOWs has progressed from built ships, to actual designed, but not built ships, to ships designed on a bar napkin,while consuming adult beverages that were never going to be built.

They're giant black-holes for credits.  🙂

I don't get too upset about them.  They'll sink like every other ship.  It may take a little while longer, but they can be sunk.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Gillhunter said:

that were never going to be built.

HMS Eagle was built in steel, even if she didn't carry the air group she has in game.

• Like 1