Cashback 100% Full Doubloon Return

I_cant_Swim_

image.thumb.png.b5c0fc12f745bdd992ca703d008e7bc3.png

So...when I tried to get 50,000 dubs it said Page Not Found. Same for all packages down to 12.5k. Maybe just a server issue today. Anyway, what does it really give in return (I know there was once some misunderstanding to be had) and how can it best be spent? Ships? Dough?

• I_cant_Swim_ changed the title to Cashback 100% Full Doubloon Return

You buy 50k, you get another 50k. It is stated even on the coupon. Best use I think is buying ships in the armory with another coupon, and getting a year of premium when its half price at Xmas.

• Like 1

It gives the item you buy, plus the equivalent price in “any amount of doubloons” as your ‘cash back,’ up to 50k doubloons compensation (so, diminishing returns past the 50k doubloon bundle/$198 spent with the 100% coupon, or 25k/$99 if you had a 200%).

Due to the slight rounding differences between the doubloon bundles and “any amount,” it’s not quite 100%, but it’s still pretty close. Only 500 doubloons difference at 50k doubloons. If you buy something like a ship instead, you get the listed doubloon compensation as your ‘cash back.’

The best option (imo) is always to use it on doubloons, and get the largest doubloon bundle you’re comfortable buying (up to the 25/50k bundle depending on your coupon). Then use those doubloons to buy things in the game. That allows you to stack discounts, or spread the savings out across multiple items. Since the coupon is only valid for a week, it also lets you “save” the discount to use later in the future.

They call it a 100% cash back coupon, but it’s effectively a 50% discount, which means you can get even more savings if you stack it. For example, it gets you a 65% “discount” on a premium ship in the armory (compared to just 25% or 50%), or a 75% discount at Christmas on premium time rather than 50%.

36 minutes ago, I_cant_Swim_ said:

Maybe just a server issue today

Probably. It works fine for me right now, so it might be something on your end, or your premium shop might be looking for new transaction server hamsters. 

Edited by MidnightPhoenix07
  • Like 4

The reason for the discrepancy in the “cash back” amount that is often noted when one of these coupons is used to purchase doubloons is that the coupon explicitly states that you receive 100% return on an item’s cost, not it’s value. There is a small discount applied to doubloon bundles compared to the a la carte price.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

The reason for the discrepancy in the “cash back” amount that is often noted when one of these coupons is used to purchase doubloons is that the coupon explicitly states that you receive 100% return on an item’s cost, not it’s value. There is a small discount applied to doubloon bundles compared to the a la carte price.

Yep. I put in a ticket the first time I used it and got the discrepancy, and they made it clear that the offer gave as many extra doubloons as $ (whatever it was I'd spent) would buy, not a duplicate however many thousand doubloons. 

• Like 1

Thank you all. Clear correlation: The site was waiting for you to clear this up for me, apparently.Made the purchase.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

They call it a 100% cash back coupon

They better not be calling it that...I recall they actually use different verbiage, for legal reasons.

Saying cash back without actually giving cash back has ramifications in some jurisdictions.