WOWS Twitch wouldn't allow Drops

Asym

Did anyone watch tonight's twitch ever hear what our host is going to do - since the drops simply weren't working...

I was blocked by a moderator for asking, with specificity, what was the recovery plan.....they didn't like that so they blocked me from chat.

Anyone know what the recovery plan is?

Edited by Asym

They only said they were working on it and that it would not be possible to fix the problem during the stream, nothing more.

14 minutes ago, Asym said:

I was blocked by a moderator for asking, with specificity, what was the recovery plan.....they didn't like that so they blocked me from chat.

Sheesh. Are they getting so sensitive that they don't even allow legitimate questions?

They had a pinned post indicating that there were problems. I suspect their recovery plan will be to liaise with Twitch as soon as the office opens tomorrow and figure out what the hell went wrong. 

1 minute ago, oldblackdog said:

Sheesh. Are they getting so sensitive that they don't even allow legitimate questions?

Some people have a knack for asking the right question in the wrong way. Others asked the same question and did not get censored.

Edited by Ensign Cthulhu
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Some people have a knack for asking the right question in the wrong way. Others asked the same question and did not get censored.

So, what did I ask the wrong way?    I took the time to be there early to collect the benefits of the twitch rewards. 

I severely dislike people whom dissenble or do not take production commitments seriously..... 

Edited by Asym
  • Like 3

I didn't watch yesterday's WOWs Twitch stream.  And after reading this topic, I'm glad I was doing other things.

I will say that this isn't the first time that Twitch viewing and progress towards receiving "Twitch Drops" has been glitchy.
It's like an ongoing problem that happens occasionally (like other glitches with Twitch streams).

When things are going well, there are plenty of Twitch streams that I enjoy.

Sure, when drops malfunction it isn't fun. 
And drop malfunctions aren't the only glitch that happens in Twitch streams. 
Audio distortions, screen-freezes, blank/green screens and other phenomena happen.

All of that said, Twtich stream glitches are a "first world problem", and there are worse situations going on elsewhere in the world.

2 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I didn't watch yesterday's WOWs Twitch stream.  And after reading this topic, I'm glad I was doing other things.

I will say that this isn't the first time that Twitch viewing and progress towards receiving "Twitch Drops" has been glitchy.
It's like an ongoing problem that happens occasionally (like other glitches with Twitch streams).

When things are going well, there are plenty of Twitch streams that I enjoy.

Sure, when drops malfunction it isn't fun. 
And drop malfunctions aren't the only glitch that happens in Twitch streams. 
Audio distortions, screen-freezes, blank/green screens and other phenomena happen.

All of that said, Twtich stream glitches are a "first world problem", and there are worse situations going on elsewhere in the world.

It's a question of trust....  Yes, technology fails.  Yes, twitch is  no exception.  But, how do we know what is going on amidst the complete silence from our hosts....

Not just silence either; a contempt and arrogance of complacency and angst towards the very customers whom keep them afloat.

All I wanted to know was:  what's the recovery plan for the in-game assets we missed.......  Notice:  "you can hear a pin drop...."

12 hours ago, Asym said:

So, what did I ask the wrong way?    I took the time to be there early to collect the benefits of the twitch rewards. 

I severely dislike people whom dissenble or do not take production commitments seriously..... 

I suspect they muted you not based on what you said...but based on who you are.

WG staff can be incredibly thin skinned and petty about this kind of stuff.

Still not working. WG's reaction, we can't do anything about it, it's all the fault of Twitch. Great job WG. :classic_angry: 

I was able to finish last week's drops this morning. But the current one isn't working, and they have a notice up about it.

The Twitch drops for the Mission and the Container work, if you watch other WoW streamers, but the one for the 250 community tokens, where you have to watch the official stream does not.

5 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

The solution? Ban the word "drops".

Perhaps because they got sick and tired of trolls spamming the obvious?

• Haha 1
  • Bored 4

21 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Typical WG incompetence. The drops didn't work for the EU stream either. The solution? Ban the word "drops".

Eh.

I think our solution is just to not bother about trying to achieve Twitch Drops.

No point in putting out effort to try to get something like that if it's a known broken system that WG doesn't care to prioritize a fix.

16 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Actually fixing the problem would be a better way to resolve the situation...which may involve utilizing a different way to dispense the drops.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Pardon my frankness, but WTFGS about what, how and why they are ... 'sick and tired"? Da poor souls..... We, players had to spam, annoy scream and  conduct veritable guerilla warfare to get removed operations back, when it was (and  is)  in Wedgies best interest to keep players happy and the game fun and engaging . So they can.... sell stuff.

The job of a CM is NOT to push the mute button and engage in censorship, (even if..... in "certain countries"  that is the standard aka the only  MO ) but to engage with and the community in a positive way AND..... yes sometimes to take big gulps. 😊 We are not sheep to be herded,  even if we are legion

Juust sayin...

Edited by Andrewbassg
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

I suspect they muted you not based on what you said...but based on who you are.

WG staff can be incredibly thin skinned and petty about this kind of stuff.

Actually, Boggzy communicated with me today in the game itself and said my asking for reparations for their technical error was why they muted me.  And, a short diatribe about how it's all free so, who cares (paraphrased.)

Of course, he fails to realize that those Twitch broadcasts are sales and marketing events.....  They aren't free;  because, they have paid CM's running them to encourage sales of products and services..... 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Asym said:

Actually, Boggzy communicated with me today in the game itself and said my asking for reparations for their technical error was why they muted me.  And, a short diatribe about how it's all free so, who cares (paraphrased.)

Of course, he fails to realize that those Twitch broadcasts are sales and marketing events.....  They aren't free;  because, they have paid CM's running them to encourage sales of products and services..... 

What, he couldn't just say 'no' on screen to the request?

Sigh.

I swear, WG staff sometimes make the most shortsighted decisions.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, o4x4 said:

Well it was fixed and I was able to get last 250 tokens of 12.7 from EU stream.

Same.

For anyone still not got that there's a 'special' stream tomorrow (Friday) at the usual time (17.00 for me and I'm in the UK, CBA to work it out in any other time)

19 hours ago, Asym said:

Did anyone watch tonight's twitch ever hear what our host is going to do - since the drops simply weren't working...

Anyone know what the recovery plan is?

I was watching also. I got blocked for suggesting that they pull Serahphyn away from his 12 course lunch to fix it. I found it sketchy when the drops were working on the other streamers.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Still shilling Ensign

• Haha 1