Operations guides and playtroughs.

Andrewbassg

I also recommend Void's ops series.

For players that prefer text walkthroughs, the wiki has articles for all of the current ops with detailed walkthroughs and other info like tasks and ship lists/spawns. And most of the material on those pages was contributed by FV, so you're getting a Void "guide" either way.

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Scenarios

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

I also recommend Void's ops series.

For players that prefer text walkthroughs, the wiki has articles for all of the current ops with detailed walkthroughs and other info like tasks and ship lists/spawns. And most of the material on those pages was contributed by FV, so you're getting a Void "guide" either way.

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Scenarios

46721D76-957C-425A-9701-8D106F1B2173.gif I didn't know that !!

Now reading it indeed the articles are written by somebody with proper knowledge about the subject. 🙂 

"A team-selected Operation yields 20% fewer rewards.

A team with less than 7 members in the division will receive 15% fewer rewards per each member less than seven, so a 5 member division will receive 30% fewer rewards.

The reward reductions stack separately, so a 5 member division in a team-selected Operation will receive 44% fewer rewards."

That matches my experience, whereupon earlier WarGambling stated that div ops will yield 25% rewards. Which was..... false.

Edited by Andrewbassg
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for this thread guys, I've only just found it.

I've always fancied dipping my toe in the ops pond but didn't wanna be the clown blindly sailing around thinking "what the hell should I be doing here".

I'll have a read of the Wiki and give them vids a watch.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Check out lordholland's channel, since he covers replays and gives commentary as well.

https://www.youtube.com/@wowsoperationsreplays/videos

I send replays to him every now and again.  Smile_great.gif.ff9d4ab3002206b67ce1d47fd4d2411a.gif

On 9/23/2023 at 3:19 PM, Capt_Kremenski said:

I've always fancied dipping my toe in the ops pond but didn't wanna be the clown blindly sailing around thinking "what the hell should I be doing here".

When it doubt, follow the Primary Objective.  A 0 star win is always going to be better than a 5s loss.  As you learn the Op's, you will get a feel of IF you should go after secondaries.  I'll ignore secondary tasks if I noticed the team isn't "up to par", though I do sometimes not notice until it is too late.  Easier to readjust in a CV, not so much in a surface gal when it happens.

Watching all the video's and reading the wiki will only get you so much, it is in the actual experience where things will fall together.  Don't be afraid to jump into the deep end as more often than not the other players will gladly help you when you tell them you do not know an Op well (at least on NA).  Most will tell you more or less to stick with Primary Objective.  Again, get a feel of the Primary before thinking of doing Secondaries.

Note: Use a Battleship or a Cruiser before trying to use DD's and CV's.  While you can use a DD/CV, I would not recommend it until you have a feel of the Primaries in the Op's.

Edited by Volron
  • Thanks 1

On 9/23/2023 at 10:19 PM, Capt_Kremenski said:

That's very considerate of you, sadly no one else is, you see some players do very strange things in OPS, for example when you loose two ships in the first 30 seconds of Cherry Blossom to the first wave of DDs, you know it's not going to end well. So don't think too much about it and give it a try, this game mode needs more good players.

Edited by UnrepentantSinner
  • Like 2

On 9/23/2023 at 3:19 PM, Capt_Kremenski said:

A good solution is to division with a group of players whom play OPs all of the time !  Get on their Discord and let then know you want to learn.  Our RO div plays most nights.

If I am on between 1800 and 2000 CST, contact me and, if we have room, invite you to our nightly efforts !  We are average players and are there to have fun - and, we hate to lose....