Notebook advice needed.

I probably gonna travel to foreign countrys in the next months due work, so i was thinking about buying a cheap, used notebook to watch movies and play a bit while i'm in the hotel. What kind of integrated/ dedicated video card should i look for that can run WoWs ( i dont mind if its not FHD ) ?

Currently i'm looking at this :

HP ProBook 440 G5, 14" HD, I5-8250U CPU, 8GB DDR4, 128GB SSD, NvidiA 930MX 2GB VGA, WIN 10/11, comes with 6 months warranty, price is around 140 USD.

Any advice is welcomed.

I think the SSD is too small.
I'd suggest 250GB as a minimum.

Edited to add:
https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/article/10288/

https://www.pcgamebenchmark.com/world-of-warships-system-requirements

WOWs (in my experience) is sensitive to slow internet connections or connections to network speeds which vary considerably or are used by multiple people simultaneously.

Example:  If my Wife is watching ROKU television on our shared WIFI connection while I am playing WOWs, I can suffer from ping/lag spikes.
Normal/good ping/lag readings should be around 35 to 45 ms. 
But if they spike to levels ranging from 200ms to over 1,000ms, then gameplay becomes afffected.

So, while you're traveling and staying in hotels or other places with shared internet, you might not get all the "bandwidth" you need to play WOWs smoothly.
Aircraft Carrier play is the most severely affected, and squadrons will behave erratically or be stuck flying in circles or doing other weird stuff.

Frames-Per-Second is nice while at home, but won't mean diddly if your connection to the WOWs servers is slow and often interrupted or even disconnected.  (Severe & frequent disconnections may risk the WOWs programming to automatically assign penalties to your account.)

I don't know what your budget is.  I also don't know if running via a Steam account is more tolerant of slow internet phenomena.  (Perhaps someone who uses Steam can chime-in?)

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Thanks 1

I dont want to spend more than 150 USD for this, since this wont be my primary PC. Internet is not a problem, i can use my phone as a USB hotspot if necessery. Planning to add another SSD i have a spare 480GB one.

Thanks for the links !

6 minutes ago, KJ82 said:

i can use my phone as a USB hotspot if necessery.

And what performance/speed can your phone provide in the travel destinations?
5G phone network?  4G ?
Data plan?
Does the phone servive provider restrict data transmission speeds after a while?

Just checklist questions.  🙂 

Edited by Wolfswetpaws

I have a Vodafone subscription, which has a very good coverage here in Europe. My phone is capable of 4G, and i get free 5Gb of data every month. I sometimes used it as a hotspot for days when i was away from home, i didnt noticed any restriction. I think WoWs doesnt use much data anyways.

3 hours ago, KJ82 said:

I have a Vodafone subscription, which has a very good coverage here in Europe. My phone is capable of 4G, and i get free 5Gb of data every month. I sometimes used it as a hotspot for days when i was away from home, i didnt noticed any restriction. I think WoWs doesnt use much data anyways.

I wish you a safe and pleasant journey.  🙂 

• Thanks 1