Jump to content

Venezia - Help me dress her up for the party.


yss_turtleship

Recommended Posts

The next season of CB is bringing some restrictions that will prevent me from bringing my usual dance partners, Des, Stalingrad, and Moskva. The Venezia was the easiest for me to get on such short notice.

 

I am that player who doesn’t do as well in randoms as I do in CB. I need all the help I can get and you ain’t getting any help when you’re fighting 23 other people in a game. So, yeah, I’m the dude who likes to play with friends. My friends and I currently play in the Gale League.

Bob, how should I dress her up? I only have a 12-point commander helming her and I’ve chosen the standard 10 points based on the suggestions from the Google Commander spreadsheet. I don’t have the leg mod at that moment but I will work to get it if recommended.

 

Along with that please recommend tips and tricks on how best to play with your recommendation.

 

Sincerely,

Dressless in Venezia

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, yss_turtleship said:

The next season of CB is bringing some restrictions that will prevent me from bringing my usual dance partners, Des, Stalingrad, and Moskva. The Venezia was the easiest for me to get on such short notice.

 

I am that player who doesn’t do as well in randoms as I do in CB. I need all the help I can get and you ain’t getting any help when you’re fighting 23 other people in a game. So, yeah, I’m the dude who likes to play with friends. My friends and I currently play in the Gale League.

Bob, how should I dress her up? I only have a 12-point commander helming her and I’ve chosen the standard 10 points based on the suggestions from the Google Commander spreadsheet. I don’t have the leg mod at that moment but I will work to get it if recommended.

 

Along with that please recommend tips and tricks on how best to play with your recommendation.

 

Sincerely,

Dressless in Venezia

Ok so it'll really depend on what type of strategy/lineups your team is running for CBs but I can provide some basic builds that should be ok in all scenarios. 

Also if you could share what the current standard 10 points are that'd be amazing. I usually stay away from the Yurra guides document because it can be really really really wrong sometimes. (I used to use it a lot)

image.thumb.png.412697ae8260adb682ec73bb7fcb207e.png

Having 12p is really really limiting but this is a smoke heavy UU Venezia build

image.png.d0ea29df8ef2e30737d5f024db775cf5.png

This is a more normal build without LM. In both you can swap out the smoke upgrade for main gun dispersion.

 

Ok so, is Venezia LM a great choice? Yes it is, however again like I said before, it would depend on what type of lineup and strategy your team leader/shotcaller is wanting. If I was shotcalling I'd say having a LM Venezia kiting around the map basically always smoked up would be an amazing idea but your shotcaller might want something different. I would try and grind your captain more because even having 13p instead of 12p would be great, even better if you can get a 14p commander.

As for playing Venezia she's very quick and it's quite easy to dodge enemy shells with. You use your smoke when you're about to be focused by multiple people or when you want to get a bit closer and help your DDs try and eliminate another DD.

If there are any other questions please flick  me a reply and I'll get on it as soon as possible, but at the moment you need more captain points to be safer.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is currently what I have for the commander. It's a 12-pointer with 10  points used. I do have some EXCP to be able to bump her up if needed. I can go up to 15. Yes, it is the guide that is a collab with Yurro and Seraphice et al.

 

 

image.png.e84f9c1626d5ab7a67e9272664090615.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, yss_turtleship said:

This is currently what I have for the commander. It's a 12-pointer with 10  points used. I do have some EXCP to be able to bump her up if needed. I can go up to 15.

 

image.png.e84f9c1626d5ab7a67e9272664090615.png

Hmmmmmmmmmmm ok (In the future please stay away from Yurra guides document) that's not bad however you could do much better. For now we will run with it, it looks like you'll be going with a normal build (no LM) and don't use EXCP yet just play the ship in random battles to get used to her. I know you said you don't enjoy playing without friends but you should get a general feeling of how to hit DDs trying to dodge and where to aim on ship for maximum damage. Also feeling how to dodge enemy BBs and how agile she is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

Hmmmmmmmmmmm ok (In the future please stay away from Yurra guides document) that's not bad however you could do much better. For now we will run with it, it looks like you'll be going with a normal build (no LM) and don't use EXCP yet just play the ship in random battles to get used to her. I know you said you don't enjoy playing without friends but you should get a general feeling of how to hit DDs trying to dodge and where to aim on ship for maximum damage. Also feeling how to dodge enemy BBs and how agile she is.

I played with her on PTS a little bit. And I'm fine with playing in randoms but if I had to choose I would rather play CB. I won't have LM off the bat. I'm going to reset one of my lines  to get the 5k RP that I'm missing. I've used Yurra's guide since I don't know any better but now I have Bob so I'm in good hands. 🙂 Would you mind laying out a full 21 point setup for me? Thanks for the help!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, yss_turtleship said:

I played with her on PTS a little bit. 

Ok yeah that's good, I also used to do that with new ships.

3 minutes ago, yss_turtleship said:

I won't have LM off the bat. I'm going to reset one of my lines  to get the 5k RP that I'm missing.

Ok that's good, it makes Venezia way more usable imo because she can just be constantly smoked up the entire game. Also outside of CB her LM is good as well.

4 minutes ago, yss_turtleship said:

 I've used Yurra's guide since I don't know any better but now I have Bob so I'm in good hands.

I'm honored haha and yeah I also used it a ton.  Then I started questioning some builds and didn't really get the help I wanted in their help channel on the discord. So I stopped going to them for advice. 

5 minutes ago, yss_turtleship said:

Would you mind laying out a full 21 point setup for me? 

Sure thing no problem at all

image.thumb.png.896492a12a6e790c1017bd91cbd4163e.png

For LM Venezia you can go either full no concelmeant or a mixture. I like the mixture because if needed you do have an option to go dark within your gun range. I find that a really good and useful idea for me because maybe in a match I have run out of smoke and I'm running to the map border but that little difference in concealment makes me get spotted and I get hit. However if you want the full no concealment build then you  have these two options in my opinion.

image.png.480f14d9060c40cd3f47404be23db87c.png

image.png.8377491e9f305a21830e102be1b71da2.png

If I ever get around to playing my Venezia with the LM I'll probably go for the semi lighthouse instead of full lighthouse, however if I were to run a full lighthouse build I'd go with the outnumbered one.

Hope this kinda helps, 

- Boob

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I got enough RP to get the LM mod today. I will be following the mixed concealment build for now. Thanks for giving me options!

Cheers,

Turtle

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, yss_turtleship said:

The next season of CB is bringing some restrictions that will prevent me from bringing my usual dance partners, Des, Stalingrad, and Moskva. The Venezia was the easiest for me to get on such short notice.

 

I am that player who doesn’t do as well in randoms as I do in CB. I need all the help I can get and you ain’t getting any help when you’re fighting 23 other people in a game. So, yeah, I’m the dude who likes to play with friends. My friends and I currently play in the Gale League.

Bob, how should I dress her up? I only have a 12-point commander helming her and I’ve chosen the standard 10 points based on the suggestions from the Google Commander spreadsheet. I don’t have the leg mod at that moment but I will work to get it if recommended.

 

Along with that please recommend tips and tricks on how best to play with your recommendation.

 

Sincerely,

Dressless in Venezia

My Tier-10 Italian Cruiser Venezia is Captained by Commander Azur Lane Littorio (the 2nd.) who has 12 skill points.
I've selected skills which use 10 of those skill points, and am accumulating skill points for future use.

Captain's Skills used
~ Last Stand
~ Fill the Tubes
~ Pack a Punch
~ Concealment Expert

Hull Modules installed
~ Main Armaments Modification 1
~ Damage Control System Modification 1
~ Aiming Systems Modification 1
~ Steering Gears Modification 1
~ Steering Gears Modification 2
~ Auxiliary Armaments Modification 2

Consumables selected
~ Damage Control Party
~ Exhaust Smoke Generator (2 charges available)
~ Fighter Plane consumable (3 charges available)
~ Repair Party (3 charges available)
~ Submarine Surveilance (3 charges available)

While I primarily expect to sail into Co-op battles, I wouldn't feel badly about taking this into random battles.
If concealment were important, I'd swap the Steering Gear Modification 2 in exchange for the slot-5 concealment hull module.
But, honestly, with good map awareness and well-timed maneuvers, trolling other people to fire their guns and watch me maneuver to "just dodge" and make them waste a salvo never seems to get old.  🙂 

Your mileage/kilometers may vary.  🙂 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, yss_turtleship said:

I got enough RP to get the LM mod today. I will be following the mixed concealment build for now. Thanks for giving me options!

Cheers,

Turtle

I'm happy to hear that, good luck out there!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I did end up promoting her commander to 18 points because I wanted everything up to Concealment Expert. It's too early for me to say but I will also probably spend the last two points on GtG and PT instead of SI. I am tracking the usage of my consumables so I can make the proper decision when I have the points available. 

In last night's CB session, I was using the reload mod. I'm going to switch it out for range mod to see how that feels.  I'm thinking that the additional distance is going to give me time to get an early shot in and be able to juke any return fires until I can pop the smoke up.

Do you know if the range mod will have the effect of pushing out the dispersion range on the Venezia, thereby making the dispersion better at 12km? Atm, I don't want to reduce the action time of the smoke by trading for ASM1.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/8/2024 at 6:07 AM, yss_turtleship said:

I did end up promoting her commander to 18 points because I wanted everything up to Concealment Expert. It's too early for me to say but I will also probably spend the last two points on GtG and PT instead of SI. I am tracking the usage of my consumables so I can make the proper decision when I have the points available. 

In last night's CB session, I was using the reload mod. I'm going to switch it out for range mod to see how that feels.  I'm thinking that the additional distance is going to give me time to get an early shot in and be able to juke any return fires until I can pop the smoke up.

Do you know if the range mod will have the effect of pushing out the dispersion range on the Venezia, thereby making the dispersion better at 12km? Atm, I don't want to reduce the action time of the smoke by trading for ASM1.

 

 

I just saw this now sorry about that.

Good work on promoting her captain, very good idea.

Hmm yes it can make dispersion better however it really depends on the ship. Like for example Petro and Napoli benefit from range mod because of their dispersion curves. The effect won't be as great on Venezia and I feel as though you should be able to dodge fairly comfortable at 16-17km. Also if you need more range you also have the spotter plane to use.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No worries, Bob. 
I also decided that I needed to have IFA since my map awareness isn't that great. It's just one of the things I have to work on. In time, I will get there. So, that commander now has 19 points. I've played around some more with the different load-outs and skills in PTS. For now, below is what I have.

I've taken her out in the last week of this CB season and I'm getting a better feel for her. This season the Des would have been a more impactful ship to take but the restrictions next season call for alternatives. Venezia, I choose you! Ha! I look forward to using her next season.

Forgive me if I seem dense but she's more suitable in a kiting style, right? I was asked if I was going to use her kiting or bow-in. I thought she was a kiter and played her like so.

 

image.thumb.png.0c50eab16561d158be36f4093dcaa3fd.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Any ship can kite or push @yss_turtleship.
It's a question of how you prefer to play the ship and which way the momentum of the battle is flowing, I suppose.

I look forward to your improved situational awareness.  Because then you can change Incoming Fire Alert to be Last Stand, instead.

I mean, if you're going to ensure your aft is the closest part of your ship to the opponents, at least use Last Stand to give it some insurance from having your propulsion or rudder incapacitated, eh?  😉 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I mean, if you're going to ensure your aft is the closest part of your ship to the opponents, at least use Last Stand to give it some insurance from having your propulsion or rudder incapacitated, eh?  😉 

That makes sense. I don't think I've had it happen too often yet. I have noticed that my torp tubes are incapacitated more often since taking the Spotter plane mod.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, yss_turtleship said:

Forgive me if I seem dense but she's more suitable in a kiting style, right? I was asked if I was going to use her kiting or bow-in. I thought she was a kiter and played her like so.

 

image.thumb.png.0c50eab16561d158be36f4093dcaa3fd.png

Yes she is more of a kiter. Also heavily recommend swapping steering mod for propulsion mod. It's just better.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

Yes she is more of a kiter. Also heavily recommend swapping steering mod for propulsion mod. It's just better.

Is that because it takes less time to throttle juke than it is to move a ship a few degrees to the left or right? That is what I had originally and swapped it out. I will swap it back in.

Thanks again, Bob!

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, yss_turtleship said:

Is that because it takes less time to throttle juke than it is to move a ship a few degrees to the left or right? That is what I had originally and swapped it out. I will swap it back in.

Rudder mod is better used to angle and to and bounce the shots, prop mod is better to just outright dodge the shots fired at you. In this day of lots of overmatch and huge calibre HE it's just better to try and dodge the shells instead of angling against them.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

Rudder mod is better used to angle and to and bounce the shots, prop mod is better to just outright dodge the shots fired at you. In this day of lots of overmatch and huge calibre HE it's just better to try and dodge the shells instead of angling against them.

Thanks for the explanation. I appreciate that. Would you mind giving me your opinion on this Venezia build for me? How would you play with this type of loadout?
TIA!!

image.thumb.png.65ca0bb55b7931d306dca64a966e20bf.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, yss_turtleship said:

Thanks for the explanation. I appreciate that. Would you mind giving me your opinion on this Venezia build for me? How would you play with this type of loadout?
TIA!!

image.thumb.png.65ca0bb55b7931d306dca64a966e20bf.png

I uh, I wouldn't play with this type of loadout. Assuming this is CB I would swap basically everything. Your DDs should have RPF, you should have reload mod, your captain skills are kind of all wonk and you should have prop mod. 

If you 100% were forced into playing this I suppose I'd just kite back and try to slap things while spamming out torpedoes randomly.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, it would be for CB.

Thanks for the feedback. Once again, I do appreciate it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.