DevStrike seeking your assistance and input - The Clock is Ticking!

HogHammer

I'm currently going through EU historical. It's going slowly, though, mostly because I'm having 'issues' in RL, but also because it's a lot of threads but only very few of them are actual well composed articles. Then, of course, for those we need a consent from the authors before reposting.

Another reason why it's going slowly is that the forums don't seem to be functioning that quickly any more. Could be just my connection, but pages are loading kind of slowly. Keep this in mind when the clock is ticking as well.

My first suggestion is "pinned" articles and/or a high number of views - they are usually that way for a purpose.

And, I thought it was just me, but the NA forum does seem to be a bit throttled back too.  Noticed pages and links slowly loading.  

Bring the tin foil hats out...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, HogHammer said:

My first suggestion is "pinned" articles and/or a high number of views - they are usually that way for a purpose.

And, I thought it was just me, but the NA forum does seem to be a bit throttled back too.  Noticed pages and links slowly loading.  

Bring the tin foil hats out...

Oh no - there's nothing tin foil about it ...

The NA forum has been displaying degraded performance for a while now. It's not unusable, but it's certainly not working as quickly as it was before the shutdown.

Mouses reviews mostly. At least the more current ones, since most of the older reviews aren’t really relevant any more because of balance changes and meta changes(Z-39 is a big one here).

14 hours ago, MBT808 said:

Mouses reviews mostly

You needn't focus on LMWs reviews, as she has her own section here and will be adding most if not all of her work here herself.

7 hours ago, I_cant_Swim_ said:

You needn't focus on LMWs reviews, as she has her own section here and will be adding most if not all of her work here herself.

Other than that, I don't think there is much else of major importance to save. Maybe a couple articles from mouse outside her reviews, but I assume she has those as well, and perhaps some of the debacle articles. I have another article that I'm bringing over here, but I'm going to basically redo/update it from the copy I retained.

• Like 1

Appreciate the suggestions from forum members.  Already been in contact with some of the original authors of posts and have been given the approval and blessing!  All are eager to see this happening so their work and effort do not become digital dust in the near future.

• Like 1

On 9/4/2023 at 4:44 PM, MBT808 said:

Other than that, I don't think there is much else of major importance to save. Maybe a couple articles from mouse outside her reviews, but I assume she has those as well, and perhaps some of the debacle articles. I have another article that I'm bringing over here, but I'm going to basically redo/update it from the copy I retained.

My comprehensive guides to Making World of Warships Great Again Part 1 and 2  is pretty important stuff.    But alas I can't log in so I can't find it.

Oh hai, and great work on setting up a new forum btw.

@WES_HoundDog but your guides should  still be there? We can’t log in any longer, but can still perhaps find the posts. They could be salvaged, even if you no longer have the originals.

@Charley NascaThose links are just fantastic! Depending on what @HogHammer may already have done, I would be happy to add those paper-ship/real ship data to my tables to post them here. Really good stuff, TY!

• Thanks 1

On 9/3/2023 at 1:02 PM, Admiral_Karasu said:

I'm currently going through EU historical. It's going slowly, though, mostly because I'm having 'issues' in RL, but also because it's a lot of threads but only very few of them are actual well composed articles. Then, of course, for those we need a consent from the authors before reposting.

Another reason why it's going slowly is that the forums don't seem to be functioning that quickly any more. Could be just my connection, but pages are loading kind of slowly. Keep this in mind when the clock is ticking as well.

I give my consent for my content on the world of warships forums. I would get admiralthunder's content as well as littlewhitemouse's content on here if possible

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Landedkiller said:

I give my consent for my content on the world of warships forums. I would get admiralthunder's content as well as littlewhitemouse's content on here if possible

LWM is on it, I assume @AdmiralThunder likewise.

7 hours ago, Landedkiller said:

6 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

LWM is on it, I assume @AdmiralThunder likewise.

Nothing from me on the forums that would need saving. I had a lot of posts there (like 15K+ or so) but it wasn't stuff that really needs to be saved. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Nothing from me on the forums that would need saving. I had a lot of posts there (like 15K+ or so) but it wasn't stuff that really needs to be saved. 

Sounds like what my personal situation is as well. I did post some links occasionally to interesting reference material, but there's no way to track those posts down since I can't even log in any more.

7 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Sounds like what my personal situation is as well. I did post some links occasionally to interesting reference material, but there's no way to track those posts down since I can't even log in any more.

You can still view your old forum profile and see your public posts, no? Unless you're talking about private messages

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, destawaits said:

You can still view your old forum profile and see your public posts, no? Unless you're talking about private messages

Good point... I just tried, Google fortunately can find the profiles. Here's mine, and yes I can see my past activity.

https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/profile/515980954-admiral_karasu/

Now, my past activity is not that spectacular... every one here should be able to see their own profile and activity, but should we try to list the more quality posters who we have no contact with and track down their content in case we find some jems there. Extremely time consuming, I know, and potentially fruitless as we can't publish anything without permission.

What they've posted in specific sub forums we should be better able to find by going through the forums though. Whatever they've posted in General Discussion, on the other had, we can only find through Google search or by combing through their activity on their profiles.

• 4 weeks later...