Wows Karma website.

Chysagon

8 hours ago, Efros said:

It is linked in the Matchmaking Monitor program, but it isn't the WoWS karma that it uses.

It uses WoWs karma, but also has a separate site specific "karma" rating. Someone has to report/shoutout you on that site for you to accumulate any of the site specific karma. 

Ive looked at it a couple times, it has some funny reports. Mostly alot of rants.

mew.jpg

17 hours ago, Chysagon said:

Not sure if its a name and shame site/ this guy is great site---or both.

I haven't been able to figure out what's the point of this echoing chamber, with its handful users making rants after rants which have little impact, as much of the playerbase may havn't ever heard of it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Project45_Opytny said:

I haven't been able to figure out what's the point of this echoing chamber, with its handful users making rants after rants which have little impact, as much of the playerbase may havn't ever heard of it.

Venting?

7 hours ago, Project45_Opytny said:

Because shaming/insults of any kind or type that's reported to customer service may result in penalty.

So the players who don't want to be punished for insulting others in the game do this in that website🤣

• Like 1

Finally, a name-and-shame site. Highly entertaining. 

"Weaker and dumber than a bot", with description. 

Awaiting "As bereft of signals and map awareness as he was of skill, just there to be carried for Steel". 

Edited by Pugilistic

If Karma had a real influence and was something known for its pertinence, maybe I could take it into account and give it anything else but a "I don't give a damn".

But since  it's much more of an outlet than anything else...

Personnal opinion, though I must admit that I compliment, far, far more than I report in reality.
My ignore list is desperatly empty... 😄

I only report for true misbehavior in chat. Otherwise I only compliment. And I mostly compliment play that definitely won a difficult game. 

• Like 1

Nobody has bothered to report me to that site, and I am glad. That site feels pretty toxic, and I play everything, so my Karma is always under 10 because some players report you just for showing up in a boat they don't like. Also, I am pretty good in a sub most of the time, so I always catch negative in those.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

It's just a toxic site for toxic and salty players. Not worth bothering with. 

I am already signing up, no need to sell me on it! 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

I am already signing up, no need to sell me on it! 

Props, nothing but brilliance impresses me more than candor. 

Edited by Pugilistic

On 9/3/2023 at 5:54 AM, Chysagon said:

Not sure if its a name and shame site/ this guy is great site---or both.

It's hard to call it "shame" when so many players have -- and cultivate -- (Karma = 0).

Hi, I was a post moderator for WOWS Karma. I mainly moderated the developer's NA and ASIA sites and helped finalize most of the posting rules, but I quit because of the volunteer workload and the constant toxicity I was exposed to on a daily basis. It was just too time-consuming to keep up with about 10-20 posts per day + the all the previous posts that haven't been moderated.

It's great for identifying consistent griefers, bots, or toxic players, who can then be reported to WG support with evidence. Clan recruiters can review past infractions through the site and make a more informed decision on accepting players to their clan. I have only reported particularly egregious/intentional gamethrowing or toxic behavior.

However, the current nature of the site just allows most users or site regulars to post negative reports on just about any vague misplay (often with some creative language), probably just to use the site as a medium for venting. With no "second-chance" system in place, this often leaves a permanent record on other players if the posts aren't removed or deleted. Maybe we could have implemented a system to remove posts describing minor misplays or chat misbehavior after a 3-6 month period, but I wasn't too sure how to combat this issue at the time.

To conclude, just ignore the site if you wish. In my opinion, the site, like karma, is mostly inconsequential right now due to the low user population and the majority of players who aren't even aware of third-party tools like wows numbers and MMM. Most clans with streamlined recruiting systems will just look at recruitment interviews/applications, stats, and any past achievements/personal interactions to determine entry.

Edited by destawaits

1 hour ago, destawaits said:

and the constant toxicity I was exposed to on a daily basis

Toxicity on the wows karma site?

I’m shocked. Shocked! Well, not that shocked. 

25 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

It's not exploitable at all.

Honest.

All these reviews on me are not paid actors.

Promise.

https://asia.wows-karma.com/player/2007554652,Max_Battle

What are you exploiting?

Barely anyone looks at that site, and the karma related to that site doesnt do anything. lol (neither does WOWs karma anymore)