It's time for Maine

Itwastuesday

Posted (edited)

Time to spread capitalism 

image.thumb.png.17582a4a8cbf7e2dffa5bf384235a3be.png

First attempt not so good, pushed around an island and a random humphreys had pushed all the way behind it. I note that guns are very satisfying.

image.thumb.png.6e4853c0fa20b15eefa8ca58327bc963.png

It's the civil war all over again

image.png?ex=6647a8ec&is=6646576c&hm=261006950aa47c44004e9588791ae3602a23daff3ba1ad94c86c09179053ddb8&=

U S A! U S A!

image.png.d491db2c2a201f388f43b0916c0f7127.png

I was so hyped for this ship. And I still am! 16 Montana guns, man! Who else is on board the destruction train?

EDIT : I autopiloted the American rangemod, but whatever am I supposed to do with 28km range? Maybe Main Battery Mod 2?

Edited by Itwastuesday
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Itwastuesday said:

Time to spread capitalism 

Congratulations on your new Maine.  🙂 

• Like 1

Superships are a super no. Maybe one day when I've gotten everything else already. 

Does it randomly explodes at Port?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Does it randomly explodes at Port?

Joke lost on me, sorry.

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Itwastuesday said:

Joke lost on me, sorry.

"Remember the Maine" rings any bell?

Edited by ArIskandir

1 hour ago, Itwastuesday said:

EDIT : I autopiloted the American rangemod, but whatever am I supposed to do with 28km range? Maybe Main Battery Mod 2?

Congrat's.  I too was very excited for Maine and got it 1st thing yesterday morning when the update went live. I even linked the same camo on it you did LOL.

So far I like it a lot although its citadel seems to scream "HERE I AM...OVER HERE...HIT ME". Seems more Iowa'ish than Montana'ish in that regard. The guns are also a bit wonky. That 1.7 sigma really is obvious.  Overall however I like it a lot. When you do get a good salvo it really slaps hard. 

I had to experiment in slot 3 and slot 6 on it to get the optimal performance (for me YMMV). I ended up with a combo of MBM2 and MBM3. I went with reducing the 35 sec reload over improving the bad accuracy with APRM2 in slot 6 because I can't stand long reloads. I originally went APRM1 in slot 3 but it has good enough base range, the accuracy long range is just abysmal, and MBM3 slows the turrets down a LOT. It was like playing Yamato with APRM1/MBM3 so I swapped out for MBM2 in slot 3 and the 37.5 sec gun rotation (w/ GTG on Capt) is WAY better. 

Congrat's again on your ship.

spacer.png

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Congrat's.  I too was very excited for Maine and got it 1st thing yesterday morning when the update went live. I even linked the same camo on it you did LOL.

So far I like it a lot although its citadel seems to scream "HERE I AM...OVER HERE...HIT ME". Seems more Iowa'ish than Montana'ish in that regard.

I saved my camo just for this occasion. I find it one of the more pleasing national colors camos.

And yeah, it's not an addition to the long line of can-be-only-citadeled-by-long-range-plunging-fire-or-not-at-all ships. Which is good. It's as it should be.

3 hours ago, Itwastuesday said:

You have plenty of range I'd just buff turret traverse and go dispersion mod.

• Like 1

I am tempted to buy buy my first SS the Maine. I have 790m credits so money is no problem it's my conscience that's stopping me at the moment..

42 minutes ago, clammboy said:

I am tempted to buy buy my first SS the Maine. I have 790m credits so money is no problem it's my conscience that's stopping me at the moment..

Just buy it and enjoy it

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mashed68 said:

Superships are a super no.

Same here. Wedgie knows its target - those who swallow anything Wedgie barfs out (& therein lies the reason why it wins & we don't). Think about this 😒.

4 hours ago, clammboy said:

Doooo it!

2 hours ago, Aethervox said:

Same here. Wedgie knows its target - those who swallow anything Wedgie barfs out (& therein lies the reason why it wins & we don't). Think about this 😒.

If I see a cool ship that I can obtain without paying much I'm going to purchase it. It's that simple.

• Like 1
  • Bored 1

3 hours ago, Aethervox said:

It's just credits.

• Like 2
  • Bored 1

I don't see why people are so pressed about superships, they only cost credits and even then most of them are barely upgrades over the tier 10s that came before them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

I don't see why people are so pressed about superships, they only cost credits and even then most of them are barely upgrades over the tier 10s that came before them.

Because the initial releases soured many to them forever, I suspect. Funny buttons, huge damage increases and infini-planes. Had they originally sticked to around Clausewitz power level, I think less people would have objected. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Itwastuesday said:

Because the initial releases soured many to them forever, I suspect. Funny buttons, huge damage increases and infini-planes. Had they originally sticked to around Clausewitz power level, I think less people would have objected. 

Clausewitz is severely underrated...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

Clausewitz is severely underrated...

It is, but I would say it represents a perfect balance point for T11 ship. 

More on Maine : I got to prevent a strike from full Midway torpedo squadron yesterday. Not a single fish in the water! 

Edited by Itwastuesday

2 hours ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

... most of them are barely upgrades over the tier 10s that came before them.

ROFL

35s reload on 16" guns and no special "F key" gimmick? IMHO even more pointless then Patrie or Devastation which at least bring some cruiser overmatch and "thermonuclear HE" respectively, she doesnt even have taht big a HP so meh...

10 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

35s reload on 16" guns and no special "F key" gimmick? 

It does. Reduces dots, increase aa. 

Christ.

image.thumb.png.d330adb130c2444f7447cbca8da06ad3.png

How much planes do I need to shoot down? 

image.thumb.png.ea981ef48001e11b13cf4c457da702d0.png

image.thumb.png.be71c1b6f795f4a69f43c61869d9ec63.png

Planes.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2