Colombo is genuinely cracked

BOBTHEBALL

image.thumb.png.c9166c02b59b4213cbefa2da3b908609.png

Probably the most relaxing 239k game I've had, featuring lots of fun things.

She got bent over by surprise lmao, one of the many blind shots that game.

Yoshino is a good car but please don't play it like that 😭🙏

• Like 2

My somewhat cautious take is that the buffed Cololbo is now one of the top five battleships. Better firing angles make the 360 rear turret gimmick much easier to use, and aggressive plays more likely to work. 

Haven't played it enough yet, tho. 

• Like 1

Just now, Itwastuesday said:

My somewhat cautious take is that the buffed Cololbo is now one of the top five battleships. Better firing angles make the 360 rear turret gimmick much easier to use, and aggressive plays more likely to work. 

Haven't played it enough yet, tho. 

I would say higher than top 5. The SAP negates the lack of overmatch so so well.

2 minutes ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

I would say higher than top 5. The SAP negates the lack of overmatch so so well.

That's my feeling, but need to put in more matches. I mostly stick to ap, easy to find broadside targets in colombo. Perhaps everyone assumes you're just going to shoot sap, or miss. 

2 minutes ago, Itwastuesday said:

That's my feeling, but need to put in more matches. I mostly stick to ap, easy to find broadside targets in colombo. Perhaps everyone assumes you're just going to shoot sap, or miss. 

My main problems which would heavily increase my damage is the overuse of AP and the fact I love holding my shots for very long periods of time. I could easily boost my avg damage by 20-30k if I don't make those mistakes.

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

My main problems which would heavily increase my damage is the overuse of AP and the fact I love holding my shots for very long periods of time. I could easily boost my avg damage by 20-30k if I don't make those mistakes.

Yeah ammunition choice is a bit trickier than for most battleships since both ammo types are so conditional. Trying to remember which ships have too much armor for sap in which parts, what's the angle it works on and so on. Heck, I don't remember if the sap can citadel Smolensk. 

It's a good ship for solving problems that come up rather than a good win-more ship. This is what you want in random battle winrate. Rather than farming damage on ships that don't matter in a match that is won anyway, you have ability to turn the tide. 

Edited by Itwastuesday
  • Like 1