I Asked Chat GPT about Cheats in WoWS...

majmac

Part of its reply is:

"Popular cheat features include:

Auto-aim: Helps you aim accurately.

Improved radars: Reveals enemy positions.

Shooting Point: Shows where to hit targets.

Rate of fire boost: Speeds up your guns" (I think it is implying that the "F" button is a cheat!)

• Haha 1

Right there is why you want to be a little cautious with AI-generated text. A couple of months ago (for work) I asked it to summarise one of the late-war IJN carriers, although I don't recall which one. The answer was - more or less - the thing claiming said carrier didn't exist...!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

Right there is why you want to be a little cautious with AI-generated text. A couple of months ago (for work) I asked it to summarise one of the late-war IJN carriers, although I don't recall which one. The answer was - more or less - the thing claiming said carrier didn't exist...!

It's known to be a good story teller. It can make up very credible biographies for people who've never existed, for instance.

I asked Bing about cheats in WoWS. This is the sort of response I got.

image.jpeg.2d5ebd5caa8771d442907b31c19befb5.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

The AI is correct, there are cheats available that put an X on the water where to aim to hit a ship, there are aimbots that do everything (aim, shoot), and mods that will show you where someone most likely is undetected using their previous speed and course.

Fun fact, the first cheats were made by WG employees, even used by them in game (they got caught cheating).

These ex employees now make cheats for money.

Edited by Subtle_Octavian
  • Like 1

If you ask ChatGPT about anything, except to laugh at the answer, you need to be excommunicated from sentient life. Even the annelid worms have something on you at that point. 😋

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I recall some time ago when some AI generated picture program was so woke that it could not be used. But it was  fun to look at the results.

Im sure that Chat GPT is analyzing code rather than aggregating online claims of tinhatters. 

• Like 1

On 5/15/2024 at 2:21 PM, Subtle_Octavian said:

The AI is correct, there are cheats available that put an X on the water where to aim to hit a ship, there are aimbots that do everything (aim, shoot), and mods that will show you where someone most likely is undetected using their previous speed and course.

Fun fact, the first cheats were made by WG employees, even used by them in game (they got caught cheating).

These ex employees now make cheats for money.

Sounds like a good story.

Is it told anywhere for us to review?

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Sounds like a good story.

Is it told anywhere for us to review?

Wargaming DMCAs every video about cheats on youtube. Posting a picture of the cheats is enough to get a few days ban.

They really don't want anyone to talk about it.

image.thumb.png.cddd2ae85de2a04e4b92f0315f15ead7.png

image.thumb.png.c3e252c9043f48c6ad8368db03c14edc.png

image.thumb.png.513ce5b2509e5dc3ba0c299a4cfb2932.png

Here's a screen cap of aim assist, it will take the client side data and overlay it on the game. The captain skills like

incoming fire alert are all based on in game calculations, you get the alert if the shells are predicted to hit you. That data is

not visible, but is in the game. Cheats will overlay this data and turn the "incoming fire" into visual impact points on the screen.

That's why you will see people not even spotting you slow and turn to dodge your shells. These calculations can

be made in game for shells arriving on target as well, that data used to be in the aiming reticle, you could see if change at the point

to shoot and hit, so they removed that from the crosshair. You can still aim using the minimap, hit things over islands

and behind things, ships not even visible on screen, the circle will "lock" onto the line in front of a ship. It's hard to do

but is still in game. These cheats turn that data into visual aspects of the game that any idiot can use.

That said, most people who use cheats are totally dogshit at the game, and it's a great way to get your account hacked and stolen.

Now that I have provided proof they exist, I am sure wargaming will want to take down the proof of the hack and not the hack itself.

https://dai.ly/x5sxnqr

Edited by Subtle_Octavian
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I believe that there are cheat mechanisms in the game, but WG does not want to remove them or crack down on cheats.

I think it is because there is a whole monetary economy built around it and some WG staff are involved, especially in the ASIA server sphere of influence.

5 hours ago, Subtle_Octavian said:

Wargaming DMCAs every video about cheats on youtube. Posting a picture of the cheats is enough to get a few days ban.

They really don't want anyone to talk about it.

image.thumb.png.cddd2ae85de2a04e4b92f0315f15ead7.png

image.thumb.png.c3e252c9043f48c6ad8368db03c14edc.png

image.thumb.png.513ce5b2509e5dc3ba0c299a4cfb2932.png

Here's a screen cap of aim assist, it will take the client side data and overlay it on the game. The captain skills like

incoming fire alert are all based on in game calculations, you get the alert if the shells are predicted to hit you. That data is

not visible, but is in the game. Cheats will overlay this data and turn the "incoming fire" into visual impact points on the screen.

That's why you will see people not even spotting you slow and turn to dodge your shells. These calculations can

be made in game for shells arriving on target as well, that data used to be in the aiming reticle, you could see if change at the point

to shoot and hit, so they removed that from the crosshair. You can still aim using the minimap, hit things over islands

and behind things, ships not even visible on screen, the circle will "lock" onto the line in front of a ship. It's hard to do

but is still in game. These cheats turn that data into visual aspects of the game that any idiot can use.

That said, most people who use cheats are totally dogshit at the game, and it's a great way to get your account hacked and stolen.

Now that I have provided proof they exist, I am sure wargaming will want to take down the proof of the hack and not the hack itself.

https://dai.ly/x5sxnqr

Yes, I meant the WG staff involvement in the early cheats...the fact that aim aids exist isn't the story I was asking about.

I've seen the videos covering the overlay graphical cheats.

6 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Yes, I meant the WG staff involvement in the early cheats...the fact that aim aids exist isn't the story I was asking about.

I've seen the videos covering the overlay graphical cheats.

It was in one of their official studio tours videos, the screen of the worker shows the cheat being used. I don't have the exact video sorry.

• Like 1