Jump to content

Pensacola in Asymmetric


Frostbow

Recommended Posts

After playing a ton of Tier X ships in Asymmetric Battles, I felt it was time for a change while the well-received mode is still around. I decided to revisit Tier VI Pensacola, and it has been particularly challenging because it lacks a Repair Party, on top of her turrets that turn can slower than a wounded Schlieffen.

I think lower tiers is where the 'hard' mode of Asymmetric is. The bots in particular, are annoying AF and show amazing aim. 😄

9 kills and 1679 Base XP. 

image.thumb.png.5f655fd273f9b8cc14bf9e68d4e8023d.pngshot-24_05.13_22_35.18-0979.thumb.jpg.bdafa9a13bf84dd369093ac1b1ce1401.jpgshot-24_05.13_22_35.25-0212.thumb.jpg.0a859d397d7781ec7205360b6caa8d20.jpg

I can only wish Wargaming will bring Asymmetric Battles back for good. I still have a lot of ships I want to bring to Asymmetric, but I simply do not have enough time. 

Edited by Frostbow
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, mashed68 said:

Wow. I hated playing Pensacola and sold it ASAP. New Orleans on the other hand, very good boat. 

opposite for me. New Orleans felt like a sidegrade instead of an upgrade. Pensacola at least had spectacular AP and the alpha to back it up for slapping clueless cruisers. New Orleans has nearly the exact same DPM (which wasn't that great to begin with) at a tier higher. Hated that ship the most in the line (including Buffalo)

 

6 hours ago, Frostbow said:

I think lower tiers is where the 'hard' mode of Asymmetric is. The bots in particular, are annoying AF and show amazing aim. 😄

I'd agree with this. Lower tier ships are slower and generally less powerful tier for tier compared to their high tier counterparts, thus making it significantly more challenging to win games.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, mashed68 said:

Wow. I hated playing Pensacola and sold it ASAP. New Orleans on the other hand, very good boat. 

I really enjoyed both, they were nice grinds and Baltimore was also good. Even Buffalo I enjoyed, wasn't really a bad ship in the Des Moines line. Very good line.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Frostbow said:

After playing a ton of Tier X ships in Asymmetric Battles, I felt it was time for a change while the well-received mode is still around. I decided to revisit Tier VI Pensacola, and it has been particularly challenging because it lacks a Repair Party, on top of her turrets that turn can slower than a wounded Schlieffen.

I think lower tiers is where the 'hard' mode of Asymmetric is. The bots in particular, are annoying AF and show amazing aim. 😄

9 kills and 1679 Base XP. 

image.thumb.png.5f655fd273f9b8cc14bf9e68d4e8023d.pngshot-24_05.13_22_35.18-0979.thumb.jpg.bdafa9a13bf84dd369093ac1b1ce1401.jpgshot-24_05.13_22_35.25-0212.thumb.jpg.0a859d397d7781ec7205360b6caa8d20.jpg

I can only wish Wargaming will bring Asymmetric Battles back for good. I still have a lot of ships I want to bring to Asymmetric, but I simply do not have enough time. 


image_2023-08-15_105643113.thumb.png.83ae1e2ced8c00ed415008f9cb097139.png CommanderMcBraggApproves_meme_12-14-2022_.thumb.jpg.0ce5ff020cbd60fc7740c30ff0622401.jpg 
 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.