Temper, Temper - 1st Mission. Really?

Musket22

In the next phase (Temper, Temper) of the BB Wisconsin dockyard build,

The first Mission is to get 5 Achievements.

If only they would bring back 'Achievements' in Co-Op!

43 minutes ago, Musket22 said:

Randoms, ranked and brawls offer achievements, and scenario operations offer achievements.
It's merely a question of which ones qualify?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Just do what all the kiddies do these days.

Grab a sheff and push W.

Edited by WES_HoundDog

4 hours ago, Musket22 said:

So screw up your courage and head into randoms/ranked. Do it with the fastest possible DD so you can get a first blood + dev strike.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

So screw up your courage and head into randoms/ranked. Do it with the fastest possible DD so you can get a first blood + dev strike.

Sounds like you are suggesting a yolo.

No. Don't do that. Just don't.

What you suggest is not smart. And if your yolo fails, not only you predispose your team to defeat, you are also allowing the enemy team to farm the very achievements you wanted to earn.

Play it smart. Let us not bring our Co-op playstyle to PVP. 

You can farm various achievements in PVP if you play it smart. And should you need First Blood + Dev Strike, you can definitely do it in a DD that is not the fastest. You can even do it with a battleship. 

• Like 4

Hmm… Unless they are class ratricted or one needs a specific one guess T5 play with stuff ljke Kami sisters, Gremy and Cesare should do the trick

• Like 1

Oh no, five achievements you say

That's like... five games in Operations.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Beleaf said:

If they count…

1 hour ago, Beleaf said:

in one game

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Musket22 said:

If you muster Randoms for just a couple of games you probably get those 5 in 2-3 games in Conqueror. Witherer, Fireproof, Arsonist, Unsinkable, Confederate, Dreadnought ... etc etc

For me this will be the easiest mission this week. I was a bit worried they said "in one game".

Edited by OldSchoolGaming_Youtube

18 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Randoms, ranked and brawls offer achievements, and scenario operations offer achievements.
It's merely a question of which ones qualify?

Per the Dockyard Missions thread, Randoms, Ranked, and Scenarios but not Brawls.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Tricericon said:

Per the Dockyard Missions thread, Randoms, Ranked, and Scenarios but not Brawls.

Thanks.  🙂 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Musket22 said:

Technically Co-op never had them. What you could get in Co-op were temporary event Achievements like the 4 Goal Haul Achievement during the Ovechkin event, Anniversary event Achievements, etc... Co-op is the only game mode to have never had its own set (at any time).

Co-op was actually supposed to get a set finally. It was in one of the Waterline videos (believe it was supposed to happen in 2022 as I recall). Unfortunately, the Ukraine thing causing WG to divest itself of Russian assets, and the resulting blow to the art department and game development, canceled the plans to add them to the game when it was planned.

I actually asked Mr. Conway on a WOWS stream if there was any news and he actually answered me. He himself was curious and had asked and as of that time (maybe 6-8 months or so ago) they were in limbo. Not dead and never coming just no idea of when now. 

It would be awesome not only for the simple "fun" factor to finally get some for Co-op but also so Co-op could finally do Achievement tasks. This is one of the most overdo things to be added to this game.

• Like 4

It might be the easiest mission, by far, for this week.

You can complete it while doing the others.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Frostbow said:

What you suggest is not smart. And if your yolo fails, not only you predispose your team to defeat, you are also allowing the enemy team to farm the very achievements you wanted to earn.

You can farm various achievements in PVP if you play it smart. And should you need First Blood + Dev Strike, you can definitely do it in a DD that is not the fastest. You can even do it with a battleship. 

Very well said. Yolo'ing for selfish reasons like that should be discouraged not encouraged. If you are a PVE player (Co-op/Scenarios) and you go to PVP to try and get Achievements for this event please at least TRY out of respect for your teammates. Don't do the yolo ram thing. And if you do well you might even get 2-3+.

If you don't play a lot of PVP (or any really) but wish to try this route I would advise taking out a T5 BB. BB's are the most forgiving class for those new to PVP and have the ability to 1 shot someone for a Dev Strike Achievement (1st Blood possible too). Dreadnoughts are pretty common too. Also, at T5 the game play is closer to Co-op with people getting close and actually fighting vs the long range camp and snipe games you find at high tiers. You will adjust quicker to T5 than you will T8+. You might even luck out and get a T4/T5 match with a lot of bots.

I only need 1 task in week 6 on my main acct to get Wisconsin as I bought both starter packs and had WV 44 already. Anything past that is for 250 duplicate Steel. If I decide to give it a go I will take out Giulio Cesare as I routinely get 1st Blood, Dev Strike, High Caliber, Confederate, etc... If I get good MM I could possibly do it in like 1-3 games. 

I am also doing this on an alt acct. That one is limited in ships and I didn't get any starter packs as I wasn't sure I would be able to do this on 2 accts. So far I have done it through week 5. So, I will be heading to Randoms on the alt acct to try for the 5 Achievements. I will probably go for T5/T6 and see if Konig and Bayern can pick up a 1st Blood, Dev Strike, CQE, Dreadnought, etc... here and there and finish it in a reasonable times frame (it will also help my XP grind if I use Bayern as it is as high as I am in KM BB).

Weeks 6-8 almost require at least some PVP because so many of the tasks are just stupid insane.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Frostbow said:

DD main here.  Just to be fair..  

I have a few First Bloods and I'm pretty sure not a single one was a Yolo.

More than 1 way to skin a cat.

aedrthaet5hae5jhae5tae5.png.fcdce834d3d5118aa89e338b25881350.png

BTW your new Avatar looks like a chick that chased me around with a steak knife back in the 80's. I think it had something to do with her roomate. 

That is all

• Haha 6

21 hours ago, Yedwy said:

If they count…

They do. You can easily check this in game client.

This is great, it shouldn't be too hard and there's so many achievements in-game. I believe we can all complete this quite easily!

On 5/13/2024 at 11:28 PM, Frostbow said:

Well, sounds like they are going to "compel" players into PVP.

Operations is a possibility for many of us, if they are acceptable: has anyone actually earned an Operations achievement yet to prove they count???

If not, it's a hard PASS on that task for me.  And, it is sad to see some players support "forcing" non-PVP players into attempting an impossible task and then, holding them to criticism for not being PVP mains.....    Hypocrites one and all.....

A sad day.

• Bored 1

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Asym said:

Well, sounds like they are going to "compel" players into PVP.

Operations is a possibility for many of us, if they are acceptable: has anyone actually earned an Operations achievement yet to prove they count???

If not, it's a hard PASS on that task for me.  And, it is sad to see some players support "forcing" non-PVP players into attempting an impossible task and then, holding them to criticism for not being PVP mains.....    Hypocrites one and all.....

A sad day.

Yeah, as mentioned elsewhere, and if you visit your Port and look at the mission task criteria for fulfillment, the qualifying battle modes are Random/Operations/Ranked.
I imagine you'll sail in Scenario Operations as a personal preference.

Edit:  The "Temper Temper" mission chain in the Wisconsin Dockyard missions, specifically the "Earn 5 Achievements" task.

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Asym said:

has anyone actually earned an Operations achievement yet to prove they count???

Yes, I did and they do. Yay!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This week starts the harder grinds in the dockyard event and even harder with Asymmetric Battles now over. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Asym said:

No one, least of all ME (and you KNOW that), is ok with WG forcing players into PVP. I have never been ok with that and fought like hell on NA forums to get changes made so PVE players could have access to everything too. No one MUST go to PVP for the Achievement task this week. People can choose not to do it and just do an extra obnoxiously hard grind task. Co-op/PVE players have the option to do Scenarios for the Achievements as well and thus no PVP.

There is a path to finishing week 6 without doing that task. Thus, no force. Let me remind you that in the past YOU have told me, on more than 1 occasion, that I should do Scenarios for various tasks that otherwise PVP would be better suited to when I was displeased over what I had to do in Co-op. This despite me telling you many times I have no interest in Scenarios. I never got on you for trying to help though. 

Years ago, before I started playing a little Randoms, I would have just done an extra obnoxious grind task. I don't play Scenarios so I would have just ground my butt off on an extra ship task. I would be able to do week 6 without having to go to PVP or Scenarios. Would I be happy about WG adding that Achievement task when there is already a PVP only one? No. I wish they would stop doing that or add some to Co-op so everyone can do it. But at least they included Scenarios for it so PVE players have that option if they 100% refuse to do PVP and there are enough other tasks to do it 100% in Co-op.

I have changed though and now I am willing, on a limited basis, to play some PVP. Not because WG forced me (yeah good luck with that) but because I CHOOSE to. As a result, I see that task as easy compared to the obnoxious ship grind tasks so I will take advantage of it; especially on my alt acct as it is limited in ships. Getting 5 Achievements in Randoms is not hard (I am actually surprised at how easy it is to get them in PVP frankly) so for those WILLING to do so myself and others have made suggestions on how best to do it for those who don't normally play there. That is not being a hypocrite it is being a decent person and trying to help. At no time have I or anyone else said players must do it nor have we said way to go WG for adding an Achievement task. We simply are posting about what can be done to do it.

I said take a T5 BB to Randoms as they are pretty forgiving to play and that you might get lucky and get T4/T5 MM that has a lot of bots (which a PVE player would be comfortable facing). I also said it is possible to do it in 1-3 games even if you don't normally play the mode. So where am I being a hypocrite there or criticizing anyone? Dude, that is called HELPING people. I did exactly that on my alt acct using my T5 Konig with a secondary build and a 10pt Capt. Not some OP ship with a 21pt Capt like I could do on my main acct. Just a regular decent T5 with a basic 10pt Capt. Something any player could have and use.  I did it in ONE game (I got a non combat achievement which helped). If I can do that task in PVP anyone can (might take more games than it did for me - I got lucky) if they decide it is better than doing the ship grind tasks.

Stop insulting people. Your comments are uncalled for as no one supports WG favoring some players over others and no one criticized anyone for not being PVP mains. We simply accepted the simple fact that the Achievement task is the easiest path through week 6 and discussed how to do it fast and easy. The fact you are having a fit over this when Scenarios qualifies so you can just do it there, where you play all the time, baffles me.

As said, 1 game...

spacer.png

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

No one, least of all ME (and you KNOW that), is ok with WG forcing players into PVP. I have never been ok with that and fought like hell on NA forums to get changes made so PVE players could have access to everything too. No one MUST go to PVP for the Achievement task this week. People can choose not to do it and just do an extra obnoxiously hard grind task. Co-op/PVE players have the option to do Scenarios for the Achievements as well and thus no PVP.

There is a path to finishing week 6 without doing that task. Thus, no force. Let me remind you that in the past YOU have told me, on more than 1 occasion, that I should do Scenarios for various tasks that otherwise PVP would be better suited to when I was displeased over what I had to do in Co-op. This despite me telling you many times I have no interest in Scenarios. I never got on you for trying to help though. 

Years ago, before I started playing a little Randoms, I would have just done an extra obnoxious grind task. I don't play Scenarios so I would have just ground my butt off on an extra ship task. I would be able to do week 6 without having to go to PVP or Scenarios. Would I be happy about WG adding that Achievement task when there is already a PVP only one? No. I wish they would stop doing that or add some to Co-op so everyone can do it. But at least they included Scenarios for it so PVE players have that option if they 100% refuse to do PVP and there are enough other tasks to do it 100% in Co-op.

I have changed though and now I am willing, on a limited basis, to play some PVP. Not because WG forced me (yeah good luck with that) but because I CHOOSE to. As a result, I see that task as easy compared to the obnoxious ship grind tasks so I will take advantage of it; especially on my alt acct as it is limited in ships. Getting 5 Achievements in Randoms is not hard (I am actually surprised at how easy it is to get them in PVP frankly) so for those WILLING to do so myself and others have made suggestions on how best to do it for those who don't normally play there. That is not being a hypocrite it is being a decent person and trying to help. At no time have I or anyone else said players must do it nor have we said way to go WG for adding an Achievement task. We simply are posting about what can be done to do it.

I said take a T5 BB to Randoms as they are pretty forgiving to play and that you might get lucky and get T4/T5 MM that has a lot of bots (which a PVE player would be comfortable facing). I also said it is possible to do it in 1-3 games even if you don't normally play the mode. So where am I being a hypocrite there or criticizing anyone? Dude, that is called HELPING people. I did exactly that on my alt acct using my T5 Konig with a secondary build and a 10pt Capt. Not some OP ship with a 21pt Capt like I could do on my main acct. Just a regular decent T5 with a basic 10pt Capt. Something any player could have and use.  I did it in ONE game (I got a non combat achievement which helped). If I can do that task in PVP anyone can (might take more games than it did for me - I got lucky) if they decide it is better than doing the ship grind tasks.

Stop insulting people. Your comments are uncalled for as no one supports WG favoring some players over others and no one criticized anyone for not being PVP mains. We simply accepted the simple fact that the Achievement task is the easiest path through week 6 and discussed how to do it fast and easy. The fact you are having a fit over this when Scenarios qualifies so you can just do it there, where you play all the time, baffles me.

As said, 1 game...

spacer.png

Well, apologies are in order....  I am simply frustrated it seems.  I have and will disagree with you as we have over the past several years....  And, as you rightly have said:  it's an individual choice to play Randoms.  You chose it, despite some serious arguments between us, to do so.  That is our history.  And, it comes from what I did for a living for decades: a Commanders word is Law.....  And yes, that may seem a narrow way to live or to behave.  But, Commanders have High and Low Justice, unlike civilians and that is my Culture.  Again, apologies........but, it's where I come from....

Saying that, "the effective range of an excuse is Zero meters..."  My bad.  Sincere apologies.

It seems I had some bad information to make this even worse....  And yes, I have finished the "Achievements" in Scenarios. 

I really am not a Dude as a side note.  I had an assigned Driver once that was a "surfer from California" whom really was a caricature from an 80's movie..... So, if he would read this response, he would have blow coffee out his nose, you,  calling me a "dude"....  Oh my God, I can hear his giggles;  cause,  I am really a PITA, serious and sometimes "focused" person whom "takes the world too seriously" it seems....  It's the whole "Command" thing I guess.... lol.

Sincere apologies - I have no excuse.

• Like 3

Yelp.

Folks, I'm a bit disheartened. How should I finish these missions in a few days? This trio looks to me like 100 matches in all. How will you /did you do it? Which ships scream "Kick me" loudest? Which divorce attorney do you recommend?

image.thumb.png.a4b45293ac627ebdd6dd604a1fcc5447.png