This Game Used to Have Some Historic Perspective

We used to get the occasional historic ship, Arizona, Indianapolis, Warspite etc. Now, (except for Johnston) EVERYTHING is high tier paper. So many real ships just ignored because not high tier science fiction for the whales to buy.

Idaho, Mississippi, Tennessee, Nevada, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Indiana, South Dakota, Washington are ignored for Maine, Illinois and Rhode Island fantasy

Houston, San Francisco, Savannah, Brooklyn, Chicago get swept aside for Jacksonville and Seattle and Austin etc.

Revenge, Ramillies, Barham, Malaya Royal Sovereign, no....Rooke, Devestation and Duncan yes

It goes on and on.

This doesn't even touch on WG's disdain for WW1 ships. 

If they can codes subs and CVs they can code varying caliber main battery ships. 

Several of the ships you mention as "science fiction" were considered by their respective navies.  Duncan (probably not what its name would have been) was ordered and some parts made before the Washington Naval Treaty canceled it.

I'd like more WWI stuff too, but low tiers don't generate much revenue for WG.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Kalishnikat said:

used to

Operative term, 'used to' (have some historical perspective) 😒

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Helstrem said:

Several of the ships you mention as "science fiction" were considered by their respective navies.  Duncan (probably not what its name would have been) was ordered and some parts made before the Washington Naval Treaty canceled it.

I'd like more WWI stuff too, but low tiers don't generate much revenue for WG.

Low tiers COULD generate a lot of revenue for WG...they just need to actually choose to make that money.

Right now, their own incompetence means they miss out on profits.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Kalishnikat said:

We used to get the occasional historic ship, Arizona, Indianapolis, Warspite etc. Now, (except for Johnston) EVERYTHING is high tier paper. So many real ships just ignored because not high tier science fiction for the whales to buy.

It got even worse when they decided to add Azur Lane and now pretty much this whole next patch is about Azur Lane. Even the battle pass is Azur Lane. Don't think I will be spending any cash this patch on WoWs. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Low tiers COULD generate a lot of revenue for WG...they just need to actually choose to make that money.

Right now, their own incompetence means they miss out on profits.

I feel there is so much missed opportunities where WG miss out on a quick buck. Just look at the Captains in Armory. How hard would it be for an intern or the janitor at WG to just research some historical captains (Seasoned and legendary) for all navy´s that has some special treats?! And of course, half of them could be for dublons and half for hefty coal, heck they could even sell a bundle of 10 points seasoned of mixed navy´s for like 10 000 - 15 000 dublons.

Instead, several navy´s thats been in the game for years still dont have a captain or at least some captains, but we got a boat load of BS Copy-Pasta Dasha, hockey players, transformers and cartoon captains for some reason?! This would of course increase the interest, especially for all historians, and also the interest for all games if they did. They could even Copy Pasta another picture over the already implemented Dashas and just rename them!

But no, they have zero interest in making an easy and free buck, better instead put all money and energy into ruin the game by trying to balance BS Subs or 10´s attempt at balancing CVs.

And captains is just scratching the surface.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Wisconsin is sad because she is almost out of drydock and already forgotten.  Forrest Sherman wonders where her adoring historians went.  Dido is considering another tea break while naval historians are looking at Cassard.  Orion and Rodney are considering petitioning the OP to get remembered.  Minegumo decides to sink the entire enemy task force next battle to get noticed.....

Yeah.  No historical ships at all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They could sell many low tier $20 historical ships to "normal" people for every 1 incredibly expensive science fiction ship they sell to whales. "Ohh look, fantasy battleship that will finally help me play better...TAKE MY MONEY!"

Just now, Kalishnikat said:

They could sell many low tier $20 historical ships to "normal" people for every 1 incredibly expensive science fiction ship they sell to stupid whales. "Ohh look, fantasy battleship that will finally help me play better...TAKE MY MONEY!"

As long as there's a handy filter I wouldn't mind a bit.

2 minutes ago, Jakob Knight said:

Wisconsin is sad because she is almost out of drydock and already forgotten.  Forrest Sherman wonders where her adoring historians went.  Dido is considering another tea break while naval historians are looking at Cassard.  Orion and Rodney are considering petitioning the OP to get remembered.  Minegumo decides to sink the entire enemy task force next battle to get noticed.....

Thanks_WorldofWarships_trophy-icon_03-23-2022_.jpg.8ecebac601286f813d7e15f6e8eed784.jpg

1 minute ago, Kalishnikat said:

They could sell many low tier $20 historical ships to "normal" people for every 1 incredibly expensive science fiction ship they sell to stupid whales. "Ohh look, fantasy battleship that will finally help me play better...TAKE MY MONEY!"

"If it's stupid, but it works, then it's not stupid."

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jakob Knight said:

Wisconsin is too expensve and the grind is too much, plus no one asked for it everyone wanted Nee Jersey.

Forrest Sherman was post war DD with no real history.

Dido was nice but they've borked up mid tiers so badly it puts people off.

Orion? it existed but what history?

Plus all of these are higher tier $$$ ships. Real history resides under T7 and WG HATES low tiers.

6 minutes ago, Kalishnikat said:

HMS Orion of the Leander-class earned 13 British battle honors, a feat, matched by two others (Jervis and Nubian), exceeded only by the legendary HMS Warspite.

And she is a Tier 6 ship.

• Like 1

You want historical ships you are better off playing other games. High tiers have to have paper ships because no nation built gun focused ships much after WW2. Unless you want high tiers with missiles and homing torpedos, paper ships and lines with new gimmicks keep this game fun. All the low tiers are pretty much the same. History is boring that way. 

• Like 1
  • Bored 1

1 minute ago, Type_93 said:

You want historical ships you are better off playing other games. High tiers have to have paper ships because no nation built gun focused ships much after WW2. Unless you want high tiers with missiles and homing torpedos, paper ships and lines with new gimmicks keep this game fun. All the low tiers are pretty much the same. History is boring that way. 

Can't their paper ships at least burn more easily then?

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Project45_Opytny said:

HMS Orion of the Leander-class earned 13 British battle honors, a feat, matched by two others (Jervis and Nubian), exceeded only by the legendary HMS Warspite.

And she is a Tier 6 ship.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Orion_(1910)

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Kalishnikat said:

Wisconsin is too expensve and the grind is too much, plus no one asked for it everyone wanted Nee Jersey.

Forrest Sherman was post war DD with no real history.

Dido was nice but they've borked up mid tiers so badly it puts people off.

Plus all of these are higher tier $$$ ships. Real history resides under T7 and WG HATES low tiers.

I believe your quote was....

"We used to get the occasional historical ship, Arizona, Indianapolis, Warspite ect.  Now (except for Johnston), EVERYTHING is high tier paper.  So many real ships just ignored because not high tier science fiction for the whales to buy "

Ahem.

Just because WG is putting out real ships that don't interest you does not change the fact that they continue to put out real ships, some with notable histories and all serving their countries.  I doubt Johnston will not be a high-tier expensive ship, yet you gave a pass on her.  And, I only mentioned the ships that quickly came to mind, which is not by any means a complete list.

The simple, unavoidable truth is that you are wrong.  I suggest you accept that and quit trying to justify your error and make it a mistake.

Edited by Jakob Knight
  • Like 1
  • Bored 1

Yes .i was so "wrong" to notice how many truly historic ships are ignored in favor of pretend ships. Obviously no one wants the USS Houston, or USS Washington. I mean they only engaged in famous surface actions. You mentioned Minegumo, but arguably Shigure os much more famous. A Shigure/ Captain Hara tie in, but nooo..heres anime girls. 

1 minute ago, Kalishnikat said:

Yes .i was so "wrong" to notice how many truly historic ships are ignored in favor of pretend ships. Obviously no one wants the USS Houston, or USS Washington. I mean they only engaged in famous surface actions. You mentioned Minegumo, but arguably Shigure os much more famous. A Shigure/ Captain Hara tie in, but nooo..heres anime girls. 

Then don't make unverified yet absolute claims.

Also you claim that "Real history resides under T7" and I feel curious does USS Washington contradicts the argument.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Kalishnikat said:

but nooo..heres anime girls. 

You leave my anime girls out of this.

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Jakob Knight said:

I doubt Johnston will not be a high-tier expensive ship, yet you gave a pass on her.  

Jeez, what do you consider low tier and inexpensive. Anything over $25 for a digital ship that you really don't even own is ridiculously expensive.

I could buy a box of quality hollow points for that.

6 minutes ago, Kalishnikat said:

The problem here is that WG typically releases a tech tree ship that stands in for that whole class. Then they release some select few premium ship versions that expand on that class. The premium ships only depict a specific historic ship. Ideally, they would release more of this type of premiums, but then we'd start to hear increasing clamor about WG releasing copy paste ships.

Ideally, again, I wish we had a real dockyard where we could construct some specific ship to specific historical specs and give it the name to match.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Project45_Opytny said:

Then don't make unverified yet absolute claims.

Also you claim that "Real history resides under T7" and I feel curious does USS Washington contradicts the argument.

You people are really unclear on generalizations. 

Me: The sky is blue

People here" it isnt always blue, somtimes its cloudy, sometimes its night time. Stop making unsubstantiated claims

Let's try to remember that the WG tier structure is relatively arbitrary in nature. For this reason I've always stated that the game would be a whole lot better if WG had adopted an era based tier system.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

if WG had adopted an era based tier system

Then projects, quite a few of them very famous, sandwiched between Jutland and Washington Treaty, would become unworkable while "War Emergency" ships (for example, British War Emergency Programme destroyers and Swiftsure-class cruisers) basing on obsolescent designs would be unfairly pitted against fully-fledged and newly designed peers.

SoDak 1920 and its follow-on, Lexington battlecruiser, Tillman, G3, N3, I3, Hachi-Hachi Fleet projects...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Project45_Opytny said:

Then projects, quite a few of them very famous, sandwiched between Jutland and Washington Treaty, would become unworkable while "War Emergency" ships (for example, British War Emergency Programme destroyers and Swiftsure-class cruisers) basing on obsolescent designs would be unfairly pitted against fully-fledged and newly designed peers.

SoDak 1920 and its follow-on, Lexington battlecruiser, Tillman, G3, N3, I3, Hachi-Hachi Fleet projects...

A good point. Maybe there is no perfect system for this.