Asymmetric - What the heck people?

Tpaktop2_1 NA

Are players going brain dead for this battle mode? Do they not care how this battle goes? I did not record this battle. I was alone for the last 14 minutes. I was fighting about 60% of their team alone. To bad solo warrior is not given out for the match.

shot-24.05.11_22.59.21-0700.jpg

shot-24.05.11_22.59.25-0583.jpg

shot-24.05.11_22.59.36-0122.jpg

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Tpaktop2_1 NA said:

Are players going brain dead for this battle mode? Do they not care how this battle goes? I did not record this battle. I was alone for the last 14 minutes. I was fighting about 60% of their team alone. To bad solo warrior is not given out for the match.

My first match for this iteration I had to do that, weeks back when it first showed back up. It's just luck of the draw if you get players who die and do nothing.

• Like 2

Most people playing the game these days are not good at all.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Yup had a match earlier today where I took the Agir out and inevitably lost because people literally sailed into the open in the likes of a Worcester. Doesn't matter if I'm sitting on ~200k damage dealt and 5+ ships sunk if the enemy bot team wins on points because people got sunk and I had to slowly pick things apart while minimizing how many of the bots had free shots on me.

Very possible to win even the matches you have several squishy cruisers on your team if you play it smart and mitigate angles you can be fired at via cover. Also very possible to lose with triple brawling BBs if they are dumb and just yolo in without any consideration of torps or broadside being freely given.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Most people playing the game these days are not good at all  beginners, or people whe never learned.

I respectedly allowed myself to correct.

(but you' re right nevertheless  🙂 )

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Silence_CN said:

I respectedly allowed myself to correct.

(but you' re right nevertheless  🙂 )

I agree with your correction.

The state of randoms is basically new players or casual everywhere.

Asymmetric is also basically the same pool as randoms players.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Tpaktop2_1 NA said:

Are players going brain dead for this battle mode? Do they not care how this battle goes? I did not record this battle. I was alone for the last 14 minutes. I was fighting about 60% of their team alone. To bad solo warrior is not given out for the match

Its "Ranked syndrome"!

In Randoms with 12 teammates it show quite well these days as well with all those 7 min steamrolls, but when it comes to Ranked and Asym suddenly those players not able to understand basic tier 4 knowledge at T10 suddenly make up 90% of you're team.

A majority of the player base in this game is just totally (not able to use right name for them because forum rules...)  "un-interested" in learning the game and "trying to get better" at it and WG rewards them for it. Push "Battle" enough times and you are at Tier 10, a few games more and you have you're own Supership that you will play Super-Crap!

Push "Battle" enough times and you are at Rank 1 Gold league in Ranked without ever had hit an enemy.

So, this is why most of our teammates suicide in and die after 3 min in Asym and I get games like this in my Schleiffen.......

image.thumb.jpeg.52c282811145712b1558cd3cdd1e30d4.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.cb82922ec459e849ef7cb5e2527758fb.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.e0fc4c5d7e175987204eb66c0cd5b8c3.jpeg

......... I dont mind tho .............. I finish my Missions SuperQuick! ! !

Edited by OldSchoolGaming_Youtube
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tpaktop2_1 NA said:

Alternate mode syndrome: if its not Randoms, the vast majority of players in a mode will be even worse than usual. Add in the fact that it's all tiers, against bots, and brawling battleships are the meta, and you have the perfected recipe for a braindead team. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Most people are playing asym to do dockyard missions. They don't care about you, or winning. 

But yeah, the last few days its been absurdly bad. BB's sitting in back broadside, everyone running to the middle screaming "protect the base" as if we aren't going to just steam roll over the team and kill everyone. 

All good to me. They get shot at, I kill everything in sight and get great rewards. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I had two matches where I just put my hands up and went "what was I doing/thinking?!" and apologized in chat. I decided to go touch grass after and pondered playing low tier for a while as a break. Then I came back in my Ohio and all was well. Just...two REALLY bad matches of Asymm.

2 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

Its "Ranked syndrome"!

In Randoms with 12 teammates it show quite well these days as well with all those 7 min steamrolls, but when it comes to Ranked and Asym suddenly those players not able to understand basic tier 4 knowledge at T10 suddenly make up 90% of you're team.

A majority of the player base in this game is just totally (not able to use right name for them because forum rules...)  "un-interested" in learning the game and "trying to get better" at it and WG rewards them for it. Push "Battle" enough times and you are at Tier 10, a few games more and you have you're own Supership that you will play Super-Crap!

Push "Battle" enough times and you are at Rank 1 Gold league in Ranked without ever had hit an enemy.

So, this is why most of our teammates suicide in and die after 3 min in Asym and I get games like this in my Schleiffen.......

And, without those whom are "not really interested in the game but love the ships", this game couldn't survive....  Money talks and competitive quality walks....

It's how most games are anyway !

Posted (edited)

I logged on for the first time in a month and tried this. Outscored the rest of the team. In a Wiesbaden., ffs. Reminded me of the bad old days when I used to play destroyers in Random matches. Battleships wandering off by themselves, CVs trying to buff their stats at the expense of everyone else, ack ack ack.

Edited by invicta2012

1 hour ago, Unlooky said:

Alternate mode syndrome: if its not Randoms, the vast majority of players in a mode will be even worse than usual. Add in the fact that it's all tiers, against bots, and brawling battleships are the meta, and you have the perfected recipe for a braindead team. 

I never thought about that, but it sounds about right. I bet it also holds true for Ranked at this point. Operations are usually incredibly cursed when I do them.

Even after 5 weeks, a lot of players still haven’t figured out how to the play the mode. You will see the same players either playing it like it is Coop and throwing their ship away in the first 5 minutes, or taking the exact opposite approach and play overly conservatively, ignoring the point totals and setting the team up for a loss on points.

46 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

Ethrowing their ship away in the first 5 minutes

I usually play Napoli, Masachusettes, or Prinz Ruppercht. I literally sail strait ahead at flank speed. 9 out of 10 times I survive the match and usually get at least 350k credits after taxes. Its really hard to throw ships away when playing bots. 

Then again I had a DD ambush me from behind an island last night. Never seen a bot do that lol. 

I've definitely noticed a few players who clearly have a goal other than victory in mind during the last weeks Asymmetric matches. I've been pretty lucky that most of the matches I've played haven't had many of the ... shall we say otherwise-focused, which sounds much nicer that "self absorbed windows lickers" smileytongue.gif.fe902ab22717c1b5f4145a5a20d211c2.gif

I suspect that @mashed68 is correct that we're seeing a lot of players who are grinding for dockyards.

I played a few games of COOP yesterday, and they were even worse. I saw a LOT of YOLO and play which could only be explained by players grinding potential damage or torp hits, etc.

But this is inevitable ... many (most?) PVP players regard PVE game modes as 'not real' so they don't consider the outcome of a match significant at all.

It's just part of the rich tapestry that is WoWS  Smile_trollface.gif.9117f0ad2577cddad67d8760207cbeb7.gif

• Like 1

My goal is to complete whatever mission I can't be bothered to complete in random battles. 🙏

People are told it's easy farming, so they come over and play recklessly. 

• Like 1

Hi all,

13 hours ago, Tpaktop2_1 NA said:

My thread about this when it started:

Leo "Apollo11"

11 hours ago, Asym said:

And, without those whom are "not really interested in the game but love the ships", this game couldn't survive....  Money talks and competitive quality walks....

It's how most games are anyway !

And for those there are game modes like Coop, Operations, Brawls etc

Money do talk, but players that invest time to get skill and experience in a game usually also invest money, but when the quality of the playerbase and quality of the game itself (6 min steamrolls at T10 and human bots at Gold league) is severely lacking the entire future of the game walks. Pretty soon all the skilled players abandon the game and then we have "Steamship tycoon" instead of a wargame title.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Tpaktop2_1 NA said:

For some reason, when playing this game, there are too many players whose IQ level drops to the point of window-licking and drooling on their keyboards.

56 minutes ago, USMC2145 said:

For some reason, when playing this game, there are too many players whose IQ level drops to the point of window-licking and drooling on their keyboards.

Unfortunately not restricted to this game mode. Best is when they pilot a Super Aircraft carrier against a Superunicum, then you really get to enjoy their presence.

I bought the IJN Super CV Sekiyu when it came out, haven't played it ONCE because I dont want to be a burden for my team, and I will probably never play it unless I go All-In on being a CV main.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

I bought the IJN Super CV Sekiyu when it came out, haven't played it ONCE because I dont want to be a burden for my team,

Totally understand.  I have 20+ CVs that I collected over the years and probably played them 5 times in co-op.  Even in co-op, I'm embarrassed to play them.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, HogHammer said:

Totally understand.  I have 20+ CVs that I collected over the years and probably played them 5 times in co-op.  Even in co-op, I'm embarrassed to play them.

I play Naki and Malta some when I get frustrated of facing CV and get blasted by them. But even tho im decent now days in CVs I know that jumping into a Super CV when I know most other that play them are CV Mains and S.unicum in the class its just not worth it.

So I just have her to collect the special bonus/crate whenever there is an event.

Edited by OldSchoolGaming_Youtube

2 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

"Steamship tycoon" instead of a wargame title.

Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnoughts is adding multiplayer...so even that market niche will have a competitor.

• Like 1