Weekend Spree, 10-12 May 2024

Ensign Cthulhu

Posted (edited)

Little Miss Cthulhu had another dance competition, but this time it was Mrs Cthulhu's turn to travel with her while I stayed behind to mind the various things that flutter and creep in and around the house. 

Nevertheless, I was able to watch on a livestream while she and her fellow Tentacle Monsterettes did their thing. They rocked the joint.

That plus various other IRL interests and obligations kept WOWS time to a minimum. Finished Dockyard tasks for the week and did my daily grinds, Saturday stream and Naval Battles. 

Edited by Ensign Cthulhu
  • Like 4

Finished the Dockyard tasks a little later than usual.  Played ASB's as we always do !  Naval Battles completed.  And, I just kinda of found a German DD line I have up to Tier 8 and just realized I really want to finish the line....   Those 150's can be a might mean.

Anyway, put the bug out stuff away over several days since we had a close call with a Land of Oz event....  Been a while since I had to "prepare for the worst" and it was a good exercise to re-inventory.  I had a day before we were due to confirm the sights/optics and test mag springs....

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Asym said:

a Land of Oz event

"How well do flintlocks deal with flying monkeys, and can Munchkins be taught to use them?"

8 hours ago, Asym said:

And, I just kinda of found a German DD line I have up to Tier 8 and just realized I really want to finish the line.

Felix Schultz feels like a major upgrade to the Maerker. I'm having a lot of fun in her. The red bots are not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

"How well do flintlocks deal with flying monkeys, and can Munchkins be taught to use them?"

Felix Schultz feels like a major upgrade to the Maerker. I'm having a lot of fun in her. The red bots are not.

Well, I guess it depends on the Caliber.  Yes, we have several "munchkins"  --  young people just learning, that are quite well adapted to FPS's....that make a lot of smoke.

Caliber = effectivity........it's all about throw weight you see.   Well regulated actually means a 'tested, consistent and proven throw weight  !!!  go figure.

You only get "one shot" with a Flintlock in most cases ! 

So, as a friend of mine does, he hunts with his 72 caliber Trade Gun (.715 ball and more powder than I prefer !).  I have two actual Trade Guns (.715 balls and a .005 patch with 135 gains of 2F); but,  I prefer "Hoss", my rifled flintlock, which is a 15 gauge (that uses a .678 ball;  a .015 patch;  and, 140 grains of 2F powder).   Now, as I have said before, "Dink", which, is a 70 Caliber, percussion experimental barrel, shoots a .695 ball with a 135 grains of 2F and "Donk", which is a 62 caliber experimental barrel that shoots a .605 ball with an .018 patch and 135 grains of 2F) are accurate to 200 yards.  I've taken Buffalo with all three of them....one shot, one kill....

Flying monkey's  -  -  -  Phfft !    Just some stringy meat for a stew I suspect.  'What can be seen can be hit.  What can be hit can be eaten.'  Thus saith the Schwartz !  All hail the Helmet !  Harumph, Harumph !

Edited by Asym

Not much for me, this weekend spree. The WoWS MM is becoming more & more questionable.

Our clan lost the NB session 87 (them) - 74 (us) as too many of our clan never bothered to play.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aethervox said:

Not much for me, this weekend spree. The WoWS MM is becoming more & more questionable.

Our clan lost the NB session 87 (them) - 74 (us) as too many of our clan never bothered to play.

We won because the other Clan simply didn't participate....   And yes, we (the game itself) are down sizing it seems.  And, our Clan struggles to even field a Clan Battle team, let alone Naval Battles, where we have about 10 people at the most.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Asym said:

We won because the other Clan simply didn't participate.

I've seen this myself.

6 minutes ago, Asym said:

we (the game itself) are down sizing it seems.

I suspect the same. Less players overall, it seems. The fault of WG entirely, imo. I refer to the current barf clone test ships. Unfortunately, some will gobble these up 😒

• Like 1