Khaba my beloved

BOBTHEBALL

image.thumb.png.43bc2bd911540bddcd6dd346bf5ddcc2.png

Finally got this ship, can't wait to try her out.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

image.thumb.png.43bc2bd911540bddcd6dd346bf5ddcc2.png

Finally got this ship, can't wait to try her out.

God I miss the Old School Khaba! The OG

Enjoy.

It's still a beast.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nautic_Hunt said:

Enjoy.

It's still a beast.

I played some brawls games with her and had some fun, enjoyable ship.

• Like 1

Khaba is one of the most fun boats when you just get to do khaba things. Shoot everything constantly while dodging shells from angry people. 

Less fun when you're the only triangle on flank and the air is full of brrrrrr sounds. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Itwastuesday said:

Khaba is one of the most fun boats when you just get to do khaba things. Shoot everything constantly while dodging shells from angry people. 

Less fun when you're the only triangle on flank and the air is full of brrrrrr sounds. 

She's very very tanky and with that heal buff she's even better. Very happy I got her.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Itwastuesday said:

The bigger issue I find isn't with enemy DDs, it's with your own teams expectations of what a high visibility DD is and isn't capable of. I find it way worse on NA, constantly whining team mates wanting me in Delny/Tashkent etc to go and spot the Daring/Kitakaze/Black/Groningen etc.

"Noob DD spot cap"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Im not sure but I think the legendary module is somewhat mandatory for her to be strong these days (was a while since I played her).

2 minutes ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

Im not sure but I think the legendary module is somewhat mandatory for her to be strong these days (was a while since I played her).

Not after the heal changes, it ruins her special heal.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

Yep, I used it briefly and then decided it wasn't worthwhile. Also, you'd be surprised how easily you can bully a flank from 12 - 13.5 kms, reduce the support for enemy DDs and hope your team isn't clueless.

2 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

It's more longer ranged firepower vs. worse consumables and iirc inability to buff rudder further. I always run it but I can see why someone wouldn't. 

2 hours ago, Nautic_Hunt said:

The bigger issue I find isn't with enemy DDs, it's with your own teams expectations of what a high visibility DD is and isn't capable of. I find it way worse on NA, constantly whining team mates wanting me in Delny/Tashkent etc to go and spot the Daring/Kitakaze/Black/Groningen etc.

"Noob DD spot cap"

The expectations are somewhat justified, being that you bring a destroyer that doesn't do destroyer things. In 2v2 triangle engagements Khabarovsk is helpful with it's great ballistics, alone it's like being down a destroyer. The yoshinos and kurfursts can't or won't fill in for that lost ability. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Itwastuesday said:

It's more longer ranged firepower vs. worse consumables and iirc inability to buff rudder further. I always run it but I can see why someone wouldn't. 

The expectations are somewhat justified, being that you bring a destroyer that doesn't do destroyer things. In 2v2 triangle engagements Khabarovsk is helpful with it's great ballistics, alone it's like being down a destroyer. The yoshinos and kurfursts can't or won't fill in for that lost ability. 

It does destroyer things, it just needs some nouse and timing when you're doing it. I often cap in Khaba, I am usually out in front if I'm a sole DD. Sometimes when I'm spotted I'll just head straight on in and force the engagement, depending on what I expect is spotting me and what my own SA tells me. Only rarely do I really get punished for timely aggression. 

Edited by Nautic_Hunt

20 minutes ago, Nautic_Hunt said:

It does destroyer things, it just needs some nouse and timing when you're doing it. I often cap in Khaba, I am usually out in front if I'm a sole DD. Sometimes when I'm spotted I'll just head straight on in and force the engagement, depending on what I expect is spotting me and what my own SA tells me. Only rarely do I really get punished for timely aggression. 

I learned a new word, thanks to you.

https://www.oed.com › dictionary › nouse_v

nouse, v. meanings, etymology and more - Oxford English Dictionary

Nouse is a verb that means to nourish or feed something or someone. It is formed by conversion of the noun nous, which means nourishing in Old English. It is now obsolete and last recorded around the 1850s.

Other definitions were available from other sources, but they did not fit the context in which you used the word "nouse".

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

3 hours ago, Itwastuesday said:

Ahh ok. Its was quite a time since I played her (maybe the big nerf she got).

You got me a bit curious to try her out again. Is this the build the kids are running these days?
image.thumb.png.86bc59866f8be66e3b6c6f39963ef12b.png

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

You got me a bit curious to try her out again. Is this the build the kids are running these days?

Idk what the kids run, I do this

image.png.3f83d55ac1c1a2391b4a730378a64ee3.png

image.thumb.png.460e777a4053905df49d0aab86501559.png

Speedboost mod would probably be best for slot 2. The gameplay is just shoot at everything all the time and make the enemy waste shots on you.

Just gave it a whirl and completed some old campaign task of tank 1.5 million in destroyer in a single battle.

Edited by Itwastuesday

12 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I learned a new word, thanks to you.

Other definitions were available from other sources, but they did not fit the context in which you used the word "nouse".

Loool.

I spelt it wrong, which I'll put down to a typo....

'Nous'

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Itwastuesday said:

Idk what the kids run, I do this

image.png.3f83d55ac1c1a2391b4a730378a64ee3.png

image.thumb.png.460e777a4053905df49d0aab86501559.png

Speedboost mod would probably be best for slot 2. The gameplay is just shoot at everything all the time and make the enemy waste shots on you.

Just gave it a whirl and completed some old campaign task of tank 1.5 million in destroyer in a single battle.

I tried different builds but settled on this build, which suits my playstyle. I use the same Captain for Udaloi and it works well on both.

Khaba.jpg.fd6729026990e7aba66122a2ab90c794.jpg

17 hours ago, Nautic_Hunt said:

Yep, I used it briefly and then decided it wasn't worthwhile. Also, you'd be surprised how easily you can bully a flank from 12 - 13.5 kms, reduce the support for enemy DDs and hope your team isn't clueless.

As long as you have enough range to to stay away from secondary ships you can do great work.

13 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

image.thumb.png.86bc59866f8be66e3b6c6f39963ef12b.png

image.png.6f94ba290ae650d4e13abe96abb786d1.png

These are what the kids I know run these days

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nautic_Hunt said:

I tried different builds but settled on this build, which suits my playstyle. I use the same Captain for Udaloi and it works well on both.

Khaba.jpg.fd6729026990e7aba66122a2ab90c794.jpg

Playstyle differences I suppose. I try to be shooting at all times. 

Khaba can be good in Ranked to run at red DDs. Most of them have no idea what they are fighting against and thing that Khaba is just another DD. It is not by any stretch of imagination optimal choice for Ranked, but fun nevertheless 🙂

BTW In this case legendary mod is not best choice. Legmod is much better for farming BBs in Randoms.