Money Wins!

majmac

Yah, looked like account sharing when I looked at it.

Didnt seem like botting, but multiple people using the same account.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, majmac said:

The person who won the Tsurugi contest admits how he did it with account sharing (which is against TOS).

However, as he pointed out, he pays a lot of money into WG, so does not get banned by them.

See here: https://discord.com/channels/669128285527080961/1238503129008570400

Charming :classic_angry:. Come on now WG, show some integrity and ban this pretentious guy.

Edited by UnrepentantSinner
  • Haha 2

WG doing nothing about it.

pretends-to-be-shocked-face-reb3maxtxogjuxh8.thumb.gif.1a5472a2d595a8809f6a1186ea008ae2.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Is there a screenshot of this message by any chance?

33 minutes ago, HogHammer said:

Is there a screenshot of this message by any chance?

Well, I did publish the Discord page in the OP, but here are three relevant screenshots.

Screenshot 2024-05-11 103716.png

Screenshot 2024-05-11 103732.png

Screenshot 2024-05-11 103747.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

Holy smoke!  It kind of reminds me of this...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

The only surprise will be when WG actually takes action to stop what they actually intended to happen with this event.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

The only surprise will be when WG actually takes action to stop what they actually intended to happen with this event.

I'm a bit curious as to how one could go about doing that.
1.  Detect the internet address?  What if the team of players sharing the account is using a service or some hardware that can fool WG/WOWs that the account is only using the same M.A.C. address?
2.  Business travelers move around and may want to play the game from various locations they happen to arrive at?
So accomodating that means not testing the internet address too harshly?
3.  If we let our friend or family "test drive" our WOWs installation in a sincere enticement to get them to become a player, then is that merely a difference of "degree" when compared to someone hiring people to sit at their computer in "work shifts" and play while using the account-holder's fleet of ships?
4.  Something(s) I haven't thought of?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

1.  Detect the internet address?  What if the team of players sharing the account is using a service or some hardware that can fool WG/WOWs that the account is only using the same M.A.C. address?
2.  Business travelers move around and may want to play the game from various locations they happen to arrive at?
3.  If we let our friend or family "test drive" our WOWs installation in a sincere enticement to get them to become a player, then is that merely a difference of "degree" when compared to someone hiring people to sit at their computer in "work shifts" and play while using the account-holder's fleet of ships?

I'm more thinking from the other side...if WG has no intention of trying to police stuff like that...why is it against the rules?

The process engineer in me is offended.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

All of that to get a ship I say let him keep it. That takes stupidity to a new level whatever his reasons are you want the win that bad it's yours. Who the hell cares what his reasons are if I was WG I would take his money to it's ridiculous. Jeez people today what the heck is wrong with them?

Edited by clammboy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Why is anyone surprised when WG rewards big spenders? It is their business model.

34 minutes ago, clammboy said:

All of that to get a ship I say let him keep it. That takes stupidity to a new level whatever his reasons are you want the win that bad it's yours . Who the hell cares what his reasons are. If I was WG I would take his money to it's ridiculous. Jeez people today what the heck is wrong with them?

The stupidity is on WG for pretending to the rest of the players that this event was an actual contest.

The stupidity is advertising something that WG has no intention of ever delivering.

Want to know why people don't trust WG? Here is exhibit number 953...and counting.

5 minutes ago, Aethervox said:

Why is anyone surprised when WG rewards big spenders? It is their business model.

No one is surprised.

What is surprising is just how clueless WG is when they wonder why they are despised as a business and disrespected when they speak to the community.

Playerbase attitude reflects the leadership of the game's decisions to be consistently toxic and petty to the players.

• Thanks 1

For all those who say this game isn't pay to win...

...here it is...the guy paid to win the event.

And he is right, it is literally the business model. This is what WG actually wants...

So when WG claims that things are not pay to win and everything can be had for free...

LAUGH IN THEIR FACE.

• Like 5

The whole thing is hilarious: he actually has the chutzpah to admit account sharing and try to make it look like was doing it out of idealism. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Reading on this player's reasoning, the excuses and justifications he gives, I hope he only applies them to online games.

Otherwise, I expect him to be the kind of person to sell you bread laced with sawdust and alum (to take a "tame" example), and not only have no guilt about it, but blames you for buying it, and asks to be thanked for the lesson he taught you...

Maybe he bought his "luxury motorcycle" selling gutter oil?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So much effort for so little.

• Like 1

I don't understand why anyone would be shocked that WG is acting like WG.  Play the game under your own terms and spend as much or as little money as you like.  I am not making excuses for the person who gamed the event by account sharing, just that no one should lose any sleep over it. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Oh my, it goes on everyday all over the world !!!! 

Think about it:  you own a videogame store and new buyers want to "sample" a game.....  It's the owner's actual account the others are playing !!!   As I have reported many times, I have a gamer that lives "across town" and his Grand Daughter plays this account.  And, the posse of my grandson's cohort didn't all have their own accounts !!!  How the heck do you think they were playing at the tier levels in Randoms they were !  Sigh.......

There are US/foreign corporations that have high tech conference rooms where employees play team videogames at lunch or after work !  There are even corporate teams !!!

If what was reported is true......and, we may never really know, it is an amazing way to make money !!!  And, the rest of us simply get "let them eat cake" from our host ! 

Want to bet our host is actually marketing to that techno savvy and huge market.- where the culture drives innovative solutions......????

OMG Wolfie, so naive....

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Viridem said:

Reading on this player's reasoning, the excuses and justifications he gives, I hope he only applies them to online games.

Otherwise, I expect him to be the kind of person to sell you bread laced with sawdust and alum (to take a "tame" example), and not only have no guilt about it, but blames you for buying it, and asks to be thanked for the lesson he taught you...

Maybe he bought his "luxury motorcycle" selling gutter oil?

Each day.  Everyday.  Everywhere....  And, there is this concept of an "informed citizen";  because, the world is a very, very dangerous place...  Look in the US if you want to see "just how bad" not being "informed" can be and then, when it all comes apart......how many millions will cease to exist....  Oh my mate, it seems only old soldiers "get it" because;  we few,  are always on the sharp end of the stick when the un-informed decided to get a back bone....

Being informed is a full time job, and culturally, hasn't been taught since 1929....    It's just a cycle......war ends.  Wealth is generated.  Wealth breeds laziness.  Laziness breeds a decay of standards.  Someone sees an opportunity for control and.........boom, the cycle starts again.  

Santayana and Toffler  are must reads, profound reads mates....

Edited by Asym
  • Like 2

This is what the EU EULA has to say on this.

No Account Sharing or Account Transfer

4.6. Your Account is personal to you and must not be shared, transferred, or traded with any other person. At no time should you disclose your password and other login credentials to anyone. This includes your friends, children, spouses, co-workers, clan members, and/or clan leaders.

4.7. If you share or transfer your Account, you may be responsible for the conduct and actions of third parties using your Account, including for all violations of this EULA. We reserve the right to suspend access to your Account or to close your Account and terminate this EULA in accordance with sections 19.4-19.9 “Suspension or Termination by Wargaming” of this EULA if we discover Account sharing or transfer.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Regarding EULA

If WedGie were to ignore flagrant, open and confessed, breach of EULA it would set precedent for legal cases going forward.

Assuming you have the financial means to take things to court over EULA.

...so yeah, While this Whale is likely correct in their assesment about WedGie caring, they kinda dropped the ball by flat out saying it. It's one thing to carry on, bussiness as usual, when it's just suspicions and heresay.

Entirely another when someone cries their confession from top of the tower.

Bit like in Soviet Union everyone pretended to work, and state pretended to pay their wages

Edited by aleksi111
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, aleksi111 said:

Regarding EULA

If WedGie were to ignore flagrant, open and confessed, breach of EULA it would set precedent for legal cases going forward.

Assuming you have the financial means to take things to court over EULA.

...so yeah, While this Whale is likely correct in their assesment about WedGie caring, they kinda dropped the ball by flat out saying it. It's one thing to carry on, bussiness as usual, when it's just suspicions and heresay.

Entirely another when someone cries their confession from top of the tower.

Bit like in Soviet Union everyone pretended to work, and state pretended to pay their wages

Well they did actually pay their wages back then. Just a minor correction.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Another episode reinforcing me in keeping my wallet closed.

The only thing I have to say is just "THANK YOU" to this guy (and others who pay) : by doing so, you keep offering me a free game.

Very arguable position, both from him and from WG, though.
Will wait for the sequel... 🙂 

Edited by Silence_CN
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, majmac said:

Well, I did publish the Discord page in the OP, but here are three relevant screenshots.

Screenshot 2024-05-11 103716.png

Screenshot 2024-05-11 103732.png

Screenshot 2024-05-11 103747.png

Well that's an interesting statement. 

Now my doubt is, wth is a "kryptonite player"?

• Like 1