Who Dares Wins

Frostbow

One of the very few times I played a destroyer in Random Battles. Very low damage output, but was able to somehow help the team in scoring a victory.

shot-24_05.06_22_45.39-0926.thumb.jpg.040ad83fafacdc5c3659356b96e6616f.jpgshot-24_05.08_19_54.22-0429.thumb.jpg.921d27b39da2a48d663401cc29df69f1.jpgshot-24_05.06_22_58.37-0278.thumb.jpg.88d989784cd44f9eb2b492b33ede12bc.jpg

• Like 5

Well done. You probably caused a lot of spotting damage which gave you the high xp. The British DDs are good for that because of their low visibility.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

100k spotting damage. That indicates not only that your team was shooting at the enemy. It tells me that you are spotting ships from good angles behind island and smoke screens. That indicates good map control. Good map control leads to better map control as a lot of ships don't like getting spotted and have to maneuver or kite to stay alive. That's what wins game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, palestreamer said:

...The British DDs are good for that because of their low visibility.

Sounds...un-English.

• Like 2

Damage is irrelevant. Victory matters.

• Like 4

On 5/11/2024 at 2:53 AM, palestreamer said:

Well done. You probably caused a lot of spotting damage which gave you the high xp. The British DDs are good for that because of their low visibility.

Thank you. 

On 5/11/2024 at 3:04 AM, Ducky_shot said:

100k spotting damage. That indicates not only that your team was shooting at the enemy. It tells me that you are spotting ships from good angles behind island and smoke screens. That indicates good map control. Good map control leads to better map control as a lot of ships don't like getting spotted and have to maneuver or kite to stay alive. That's what wins game.

That's what I noticed also when I am on a cruiser or a battleship, when detected particularly during early stages of the battle, I maneuver to kite in order to minimize damage and to stay alive—but usually at the cost of ceding map / area control to advancing opponents.

On 5/11/2024 at 5:32 AM, Itwastuesday said:

Damage is irrelevant. Victory matters.

Agree, although sometimes in a destroyer, I would wonder if dealing damage to the enemy now would be a worthwhile risk / trade that would ultimately result to a net positive for our team by the end of the match. In that battle, as I was spotting the enemy CV, I was tempted to fire my guns as soon as it was in range. I decided to wait.

• Like 2