Tsurugi available in the armory, but...

Viridem

After that extremely grindy and underwhelming event, WG added Tsurugi in the armory, but there's a catch...

It costs 19 300 doubloons and will only be available for 5 days!

I can't tell if you can use the 25% coupon on it, as it appears on EU only tomorrow, apparently. But I bet you can't...

I suppose she didn't sell well when they first added her to the game, so they double down on predatory tactics, rather then making a good and interesting ship for a fair price...

I fell for it  and bought Minegumo like a sucker, in February, although I really like the ship. But this time? No thanks...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I got it in a event, very squishy armor. Guns are good but not many of them. And since you meet tier 10 and SS its not that good.

Would recommend it only to japanese fan boys. Feels a bit like Georgia with bad armor.

Torps are nice addition if you hit.

Edited by Wulf_Ace
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Viridem said:

I can't tell if you can use the 25% coupon on it, as it appears on EU only tomorrow, apparently. But I bet you can't...

I checked my Armory, and it looks like you cannot. Though this doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

5 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

I got it in a event, very squishy armor. Guns are good but not many of them. And since you meet tier 10 and SS its not that good.

Would recommend it only to japanese fan boys. Feels a bit like Georgia with bad armor.

Torps are nice addition if you hit.

Even if you do really like IJN BBs, if you have like Daisen or something, it's overall better aside from not having overmatch. Tsurugi would have to play very furtively, cause her citadel is just that vulnerable.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MnemonScarlet said:

I checked my Armory, and it looks like you cannot. Though this doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

Even if you do really like IJN BBs, if you have like Daisen or something, it's overall better aside from not having overmatch. Tsurugi would have to play very furtively, cause her citadel is just that vulnerable.

but that Dragon camo...

I had to have it in my Japanese collection.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

oh wow! just looked at the armor layout.   I think the mino just lost the crown of most explodable.

Even with the long range hit very little torps... with 6 guns, how is this tier 9?   Does it have 2.5 sig?

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

but that Dragon camo...

The camo does look really nice, but honestly I'm not super interested to get her right now, since my only options atm are 'limited run no coupon full price purchase' and 'grind your life away to still lose to people who are probably botting to get all that BXP for a discount'... And she's a very fringe ship who is overshadowed by Daisen for actual utility (and ability to deal with other BBs).

Eventually I'll get Tsurugi perhaps, but it won't be this time.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WES_HoundDog said:

oh wow! just looked at the armor layout.   I think the mino just lost the crown of most explodable.

If I wanted a vulnerable ship, I already have the Yoshino, eh?  🙂 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Wulf_Ace said:

but that Dragon camo...

That's most of what she's doing in my port as well...

I_am_Ashamed.thumb.jpg.57faa0359e627e3a1dbbd86a8a161113.jpg

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, WES_HoundDog said:

Does it have 2.5 sig?

2.05 with basically Azuma/Yoshino dispersion (so better than normal battlecruiser). 

3 hours ago, MnemonScarlet said:

Agreed. I’d play it over Hizen (probably), but Daisen and even Iwami would be before it. It’s very stealthy, very fast, and vulnerable citadel is putting it lightly. Heavy cruisers can easily citadel you if you get too close. Yes I found that out the painful way my first game in it during testing. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Viridem said:

I suppose she didn't sell well when they first added her to the game, so they double down on predatory tactics, rather then making a good and interesting ship for a fair price...

👍 😂

4 hours ago, MnemonScarlet said:

grind your life away to still lose to people who are probably botting to get all that BXP for a discount

This exactly, when i looked on the list to see where i landed, just for fun, i didn't grind for the event, just participated for the community tokens, first name i see, is a very familiar one, that guy is botting since i started playing the game. I wish WG would use this opportunity to start banning these guys, but i won't hold my breath. :classic_angry:

• Like 1

Having a Musashi I have 0 interest in her same as when she was offered first time round, if she was say RP or Coal maybe one day when I am left without better choices but for cash, no way

• Like 1

...but I have the Yamato (with Unique Upgrade) and the Musashi. Yamamoto at 21 points for both legendary battleships.

I can continue playing without the Tsurugi. 

I have bought 1 ship of the T9 KXIVJ for doubloons. the price for a T9 is too high considering I have nearly all ships. KXIVJ I bought despite that the ship is a bad not at all realistic design just because I am from Sweden so just had to.

But the others have been for the free resource or in the Santas as I catch up then usually. Will do the same for Tsurugi or I just abstain.

Seems like a worse IJN Georgia. And I didn't care about Georgia back when it was available. 

The coupon likely won't be usable. That's usually the case with all the temporarily available offers. You only get to use the coupon if the ship returns at a later point to be part of the regular selection available for sale.

23 hours ago, UnrepentantSinner said:

This exactly, when i looked on the list to see where i landed, just for fun, i didn't grind for the event, just participated for the community tokens, first name i see, is a very familiar one, that guy is botting since i started playing the game. I wish WG would use this opportunity to start banning these guys, but i won't hold my breath. :classic_angry:

It's like watching professional cycling...all the winners are cheating...

😉

• Like 1

On 5/10/2024 at 11:32 AM, Itwastuesday said:

Seems like a worse IJN Georgia. And I didn't care about Georgia back when it was available. 

better than Georgia, but being better than the worst T9 BB isn't impressive

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, ReDiR20 said:

better than Georgia, but being better than the worst T9 BB isn't impressive

A bold claim for the Marlborough tier

• Haha 2

Nonono, I agree, Georgia is definetively the worst T9 battleship evar!

Inherently "underpowered" and night unplayable :classic_wink:

It needs so many majof buffs

• Faster reload to offset less guns
  • Better turret traverse
  • Improved secondary pen & accuracy & RoF to offset low main gun DPM
  • Utility, Hydro would be nice!!!!
  • Faster rudder
  • Oh, and let's not go into details with the survivability: TLDR- buffs

[Sarcams]

• Haha 1

On 5/9/2024 at 8:26 PM, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

Agreed. I’d play it over Hizen (probably), but Daisen and even Iwami would be before it. It’s very stealthy, very fast, and vulnerable citadel is putting it lightly. Heavy cruisers can easily citadel you if you get too close. Yes I found that out the painful way my first game in it during testing. 

I spoke too soon in my prior post here - ended up getting it afterall due to the bday coupon with some doubloons left over (got her on a discount without the dumb WG contest), which I had forgotten I'd be having in Tsurugi's availability window. But hey now I can be devstruck in style.

Still an incredibly dumb ship though. Asashio deepwaters with 6 457s, very fast and stealthy, and a citadel that makes you think of WoWs release era Iowa (aka absolutely bad in this era). The first time I saw one I devstruck it with Minnesota that I was grinding through at the time.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, MnemonScarlet said:

But hey now I can be devstruck in style.

Which reminded me of this movie scene.  🙂 

• Like 1