Gonna try to stay in the TOS here....

Col_NASTY

I should since I am a Mod and all.

One of the most ridiculous examples of toxic  "leadership" has to be from a former CC that now does nothing but foment hate and vitriol. Unfortunately happens to be a good player too. ( of course if anyone does this for a living I would expect that )

That person is PROUD to be the one who started and still regularly practices the " Well Done x3 " whenever a teammate dies in a way they do not approve of.

How devoid is your life has to be to cheer on a teammate dying?

SO now it doesn't matter if they Potato or die after a freakin KRAKEN, it's ALWAYS Well done x3

I said all that to say this.

I have been paying attention more lately.

1) The WDx3 people are most often at the bottom of the XP boards at games end.

2) I am SHOCKED at how many LONG time players and members of so called good clans are the ones I see most toxic in chat anymore.

I told one about himself yesterday. Been here since the day the game launched.

Stat shaming all the players and doing the whole " Well this is lost before it starts" BS

Ranked out Gold player of a POPULAR Clan been here since ever, acting like that.

I had words for him.

Got cheers and a few compliments.

Then my first chatban ever.

It was worth it.

That is all

nodding-yes.gif.03372240a1452e4b15d746b0ced25d21.gif

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Col_NASTY said:

I don't know man, somehow that feels like ...

meme.gif

... hard to believe lol.

Edited by ArIskandir
  • Haha 9

Yup, the toxic world of randoms. I almost quit the game 3 years ago because of these entitled asshats. I only play coop now and occasionally asymetric.

• Thanks 3

14 minutes ago, Paladin1954 said:

Yup, the toxic world of randoms. I almost quit the game 3 years ago because of these entitled asshats. I only play coop now and occasionally asymetric.

Ditto.  Long gone from anything PVP.  Gosh, who would want that level of angst, hatred and ego.   In a game designed for eight year olds....

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Paladin1954 said:

I still haven't seen the toxicity folks talk about.  It could be I ignore the chat msgs for the most part.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Col_NASTY said:

One of the most ridiculous examples of toxic  "leadership" has to be from a former CC that now does nothing but foment hate and vitriol. Unfortunately happens to be a good player too. ( of course if anyone does this for a living I would expect that )

That person is PROUD to be the one who started and still regularly practices the " Well Done x3 " whenever a teammate dies in a way they do not approve of.

SO now it doesn't matter if they Potato or die after a freakin KRAKEN, it's ALWAYS Well done x3

2) I am SHOCKED at how many LONG time players and members of so called good clans are the ones I see most toxic in chat anymore.

Stat shaming all the players and doing the whole " Well this is lost before it starts" BS

Ranked out Gold player of a POPULAR Clan been here since ever, acting like that.

I had words for him.

It was worth it.

That is all

I just make dedicated CS tickets for guys like that.

That way they suffer consequences and I laugh.

No chat bans, no getting down to their level...

Just an immediate 'WG, deal with this guy'...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

I still haven't seen the toxicity folks talk about.  It could be I ignore the chat msgs for the most part.

Before I left PVP, it was so bad, I had my 9 year old Grandson, participating as my XO, watching me play and learning the game.  One night the chat "went off the rails" and got into violent, sexually oriented insulting and then, completely disintegrated into actual threats....  My daughter had 400 questions later that night and I was in the dog house for weeks;  with,  the GS being banned from WOWS....  I had to report several players. 

That was the last "Random" match I intentionally played.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

11 minutes ago, Asym said:

Before I left PVP, it was so bad, I had my 9 year old Grandson, participating as my XO, watching me play and learning the game.  One night the chat "went off the rails" and got into violent, sexually oriented insulting and then, completely disintegrated into actual threats....  My daughter had 400 questions later that night and I was in the dog house for weeks;  with,  the GS being banned from WOWS....  I had to report several players. 

That was the last "Random" match I intentionally played.

That is a bad experience for sure.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

8eb757e60cba7ce2486873f7557bb1bb85db4800.gif.09710572fca0bf1a2587abba9f385e16.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Col_NASTY said:

I had words for him.

It was worth it.

That is all

Some of those top unicum clans have WG people in them. Those clans have more pull than you realize.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, USMC2145 said:

Some of those top unicum clans have WG people in them. Those clans have more pull than you realize.

Indeed.

I started reporting bad chat from some of them...and publicly stated I was doing so...

...and the self righteous storm that came at me was hilarious.

The best funny ones were the clan leaders trying to get me to report the bad behavior to them and not to WG...in a vain hope to halt consequences.

But by that point, I'd had enough of dealing with entitled unicums thinking they owned the game and could break chat rules whenever they wanted just because they had a buddy on WG staff.

Took about six months of consistently reporting egregious chat...and most of those clans started actively behaving properly and professionally.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I've started reporting the 'triple well done' spammers now too.

We all know what it means at this point. WG should be taking action against it. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

Me either once and a blue moon you get a A hole but nothing to make me play coop or run home and cry about.

• Haha 1
  • Bored 4

25 minutes ago, clammboy said:

Me either once and a blue moon you get a A hole but nothing to make me play coop or run home and cry about.

Same here. I see the WDx3 some, but usually a player did something really dumb and got sunk. I’ve had one player follow me to port chat in the last couple of years. I’ve never thought of stoping playing pvp because of chat. Some players do take it too far, but the WDx3 isn’t toxic to me. If I do something dumb and get sunk I kinda expect to get flamed. 
The thing in chat that I find most annoying is players who think they are Admiral Armchair and start trying to tell everyone what to do. I’m not listening to some 48%er who’s thinks they’re better than they really are.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Col_NASTY said:

It was worth it.

It must have been quite foul/racist/abusive to get a chat ban.

Those bans are not automatic, but imposed by WG staff after reviewing the chat log.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Type_93 said:

If I do something dumb and get sunk I kinda expect to get flamed. 

It's a game.

Nobody should be getting flamed in randoms for ANYTHING.

Plus, getting flamed is against the rules.

If we want this game to grow, then we can not be complacent about allowing entitled players driving away potential customers.

Edited by Daniel_Allan_Clark
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, majmac said:

Those bans are not automatic, but imposed by WG staff after reviewing the chat log.

Chat enforcement by WG staff is quite uneven.

I would not make ANY assumptions about why someone got banned.

I've seen people get banned just because WG staff didn't like them.

I've seen people spout the most awful direct attacks on folks and not get banned.

Edited by Daniel_Allan_Clark
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Chat enforcement by WG staff is quite uneven.

I would not make ANY assumptions about why someone got banned.

I've seen people get banned just because WG staff didn't like them.

I've seen people spout the most awful direct attacks on folks and not get banned.

I think that they have to follow the EULA.

Otherwise it becomes tin-foil hat territory.

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, majmac said:

I think that they have to follow the EULA.

Otherwise it becomes tin-foil hat territory.

LOL

They don't, as far as I've seen.

1 hour ago, majmac said:

And after someone goes out of their way to submit a CS ticket too. 

1 hour ago, majmac said:

Hi there Clueless...

It says RIGHT IN THE CHATBAN  That it IS done by automation.

So you can take your inference as to what horrible things I said and use them for Ballast.

I don't know what's worse .

People who are abusive in chat or people who make things up so they can post BASELESS accusations without a fact in them just to try to appear Holier than thou and knowledgeable.

ae5hae5ae5.png.344a3b1706dd6fa63b571d29abd248ff.png

I won't wait for you to admit that you are wrong.

People like you never do.

DISMISSED

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Unlooky said:

And after someone goes out of their way to submit a CS ticket too. 

See my post ... He knows not of what he speaks.. THIS is why disinformation is so destructive.

And they do it with such CONFIDENCE too!

• Like 1
  • Bored 1

Posted (edited)

I'm 100% with you Col_Nasty.

If I was in there with you on that match I would have supported you and got a chat ban too.

Those Well Done x 3 guys ... I detest them.

I try to turn off chat now but sometimes I div with clan mates and turn it back on. 

The stench from the cheetos stained wife beater undershirt wearing basement dwellers that joyfully sniff their own farts and have never been touched by a beautiful woman emanates from the bottom left corner of my screen when I leave it on.

They are the kinds of guys that when they come over you don't know until they've gone that they ate your garbage, clogged your toilets and the dog is pregnant.

Edited by BCGrog
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Col_NASTY said:

See my post ... He knows not of what he speaks.. THIS is why disinformation is so destructive.

And they do it with such CONFIDENCE too!

That's new then. I have never seen that, and I've been chat banned multiple times. 

I think its hilarious that you complain about toxic players in game, and then proceed to have this attitude with fellow community members when you did not disclose the non standard ban message. 

Edited by Unlooky
  • Thanks 3

53 minutes ago, Col_NASTY said:

Hi there Clueless...

It says RIGHT IN THE CHATBAN  That it IS done by automation.

So you can take your inference as to what horrible things I said and use them for Ballast.

I don't know what's worse .

People who are abusive in chat or people who make things up so they can post BASELESS accusations without a fact in them just to try to appear Holier than thou and knowledgeable.

ae5hae5ae5.png.344a3b1706dd6fa63b571d29abd248ff.png

I won't wait for you to admit that you are wrong.

People like you never do.

DISMISSED

My apologies, however it would have been different if you had posted that screenshot in your original post and I had that information.

Can you post the earlier part of that message, setting out what you actually wrote in Chat?

I can only imagine that it was not the first time you had been abusive/inappropriate in your chat language, especially when you write (angrily) to me, "Hi there CLUELESS..." and "People like you...".

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Bored 1