Live Server... maybe the hamsters have a cold.

Efros

Massive lag spikes, kicked out of one game due to an abrupt server change and then lost the details from a further two games due to server changes. All in the space of 6 games this morning.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, Efros said:

Massive lag spikes, kicked out of one game due to an abrupt server change and then lost the details from a further two games due to server changes. All in the space of 6 games this morning.

Matches my experience for the past few days. Also, poor server performance has been mentioned by a couple of my favorite Twitch streamers. 

On the NA server there have been mis-matched Random games, some 12v9 and others 8v12.

Normal WG quality!

As long as the money keeps pouring in from new players, WG does not care.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, majmac said:

On the NA server there have been mis-matched Random games, some 12v9 and others 8v12.

In the past few days, I've seen a screenshot of a random game in which it was 2 versus 2.

1 hour ago, HogHammer said:
2 hours ago, majmac said:

In the past few days, I've seen a screenshot of a random game in which it was 2 versus 2.

Thus the "random" nature of random mode.  😉 

• Haha 1

Randomizer

Just you wait for the armament coding to bug out, we'll end up with Yamato having DM guns and DM having Shimakaze NoobToobs instead of guns

...Shima, well, that thing will be hauling 460mm/45 inplace of Torpedoes and Kleber Torps inplace of it's own 127mm guns

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)

Seems NA is now having the issues EU did a few weeks back.

Doesn't fill one with confidence moving forward about the health of the game.

EDIT - on reddit there are posts about this (ie; the imbalanced MM) and it being caused by divisions. No idea if that is accurate or not? Also, there is a WG employe posting that they are looking into it.

One of the things I have noticed of late that is bugged is in port my ship carousel vanishes all the time. Have to restart the game to get it back.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

One of the things I have noticed of late that is bugged is in port my ship carousel vanishes all the time. Have to restart the game to get it back.

Is the problem predictable?  The response for the ticket I sent regarding this issue is to delete preferences.xml and user_preferences.xml files to see if that clears it up.

I haven't done this yet because I want to be able to repeat it at will so I can tell if the correction actually works. Right now, it's random.  Also, I don't know what happens normally if I delete those files and I don't want to have to go resetting everything.  

If anyone finds this recommendation to work, I strongly urge you to submit a ticket to let them know it works.  Sumit one anyway so they know Simpleton isn't the only one with the problem. 

46 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I've had the same issues.  Always a restart is always necessary to get the carousel back.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

Is the problem predictable?  The response for the ticket I sent regarding this issue is to delete preferences.xml and user_preferences.xml files to see if that clears it up.

I haven't done this yet because I want to be able to repeat it at will so I can tell if the correction actually works. Right now, it's random.  Also, I don't know what happens normally if I delete those files and I don't want to have to go resetting everything.  

If anyone finds this recommendation to work, I strongly urge you to submit a ticket to let them know it works.  Sumit one anyway so they know Simpleton isn't the only one with the problem. 

27 minutes ago, HogHammer said:

I've had the same issues.  Always a restart is always necessary to get the carousel back.

It seems completely random. Sometimes I login and when the game opens the carousel is missing. Other times, I am logged in and it is there but when I come back from a game, or I go to a different port screen (clan, armory, etc...) then come back, it goes AWOL. Always have to restart to get it to reappear.

• Like 2

Hamsters are having issues again this morning, lag spikes and got kicked from a game. Teammate reported what sounded like desync in a game he had.

Just had a crash with last Bot about to die 

For what it's worth, same issue here (EU) => disconnected without warning in the port and can't login any longer.
Changed the VPN location, even disconnected it : same problem.
Does not function properly, even after having killed all the processes and flushed the DNS cache and cleaned the  %TEMP% directory.

Never mind : I bought Manor Lord last week 🙂 

Time for some 20v20 PvE then

image.thumb.png.cf6d57376c72482596d8fe957e3575f9.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Silence_CN said:

For what it's worth, same issue here (EU) => disconnected without warning in the port and can't login any longer.
Changed the VPN location, even disconnected it : same problem.
Does not function properly, even after having killed all the processes and flushed the DNS cache and cleaned the  %TEMP% directory.

Never mind : I bought Manor Lord last week 🙂 

1 hour ago, aleksi111 said:

Yep.  If one game is "buggy", then other games are ready & waiting for our attention, and possibly our money.

• Thanks 3

Posted (edited)
On 5/8/2024 at 4:52 AM, aleksi111 said:

What game is this? Please inform me.

Edited by Aethervox

On 5/8/2024 at 4:14 PM, Wolfswetpaws said:

Yep.  If one game is "buggy", then other games are ready & waiting for our attention, and possibly our money.

I got a real gem for you...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_3nFfSzSBM

Yes, servers have been buggy lately.

This is particularly frustrating when combined with Wargaming's broken "Unsporting Conduct Prevention System" (UCPS)

An example is warranted to demonstrate why the combination of buggy servers and a broken UCPS is significant enough to warrant attention from Wargaming. 

The attached screenshots are from a match yesterday, 5/8/2024.

Asymmetrical battle;  Schlieffen. 600+ hits, 150k+ damage, 3 Destroyed, 18km+ travelled, 89k damage received, 900k+potential damage, 11:30 battle duration; 

All Credits, Experience, Captain Experience and Free Experience earned in the battle forfeited for "Inactivity in Battle". Credit/Exp boosters also forfeited.

The game crashed as the match launched, and it took me less than 2 minutes to relaunch the game and enter the match. For the remaining 9 and a half minutes, I was actively fighting my ship. 

I contacted Wargaming customer support and provided them with an explanation and supporting screenshots.

Wging CS didn't even bother to read my request; they simply responded with boilerplate to the effect that the system is working as intended, and they do not provide customer support for issues related to the UCPS:

"In the game we have a special system for preventing misconduct in the battle.
Our inactive penalty system was set in place to discourage players from leaving games early (before their ship was destroyed), forcing their allies to fight without their perfectly operational ship. The warning received was issued by this automated system. Generally, if a player actively participated in a battle for less than 75% of its duration, they're considered to be inactive.

Therefore, the penalties were applied against the account,  but we do not provide compensations in such cases."

TLDR: WGing knows their UCPS is broken; WGing will not provide support for issued related to their broken UCPS. You may be well advised to not use boosters during times when the Wging servers, or game client, is unstable. 

Screenshot (112).png

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Aethervox said:

What game is this? Please inform me.

Empire total War (2009) (Vanilla)

It has it's upsides & major downsides, but it's charming game all the same with lots of historical trivia as windowdressing

Also EasternEggs, I had Walther Frey named ministerial candidate spawn during Prussia playthru

• Thanks 1

Here's pretty typical Mid/Late game fleet composition I tend to make no matter country, is a mix of "small enough" to attempt to micromanage individual ships & large enough to beat most the AI throws at you + nice looking lineup

(AI tends to have deeply questionable legacy fleets made out of light and trade ships from early game unless you sink/capture them)

image.thumb.png.d8ce7f8176e9d7e434c2d8ccce9456f8.png

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Hit Battle button for Brawls*** 2/3 nights ago...got:

"Server overload...try another mode" (there was less than 2.5k players on)...& was sent back to port...

Tried clicking Battle button again...no response...

Spammed Battle button a dozen times...no response...

Took the advice & switched to Ranked mode & hit Battle button...no response...

Spammed Battle button a few times...no response...

Then (after about 2 minutes after initially hitting Battle button Brawls***)...was dropped into a Brawl queue that was just entering battle...while in port with Ranked mode selected.

^^^This continued through the night for about 5-6 battles in a row...only difference is I didn't switch to Ranked after the 1st time but still got dropped into battle from port anywhere from 1/2 minute to 2 1/2 minutes after being sent back to port for "Server overload"...

Hamsters don't "have a cold"... they're on acid.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Hamsters don't "have a cold"... they're on acid.

Wouldn't surprise me!

They seem to be on a come down this morning,  first morning this week I haven't seen lag spikes or been kicked off the server.

I been getting bad Lag spikes all morning now,, first time this week...  tried rebooting everything, made no difference... Solar flare's affecting internet?