Anybody seen this Japanese sub series on Amazon prime The Silent Service?

clammboy

Watched 2 episodes not sure what's going on or if it's good. I am going to watch the 3 episode tomorrow night. Lots of ships and naval stuff going on for sub lovers. 

But again not sure I like it or not but it's piqued my interest.

image.thumb.png.1c94d4da4f078d4346e7f9062b19a788.png

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, clammboy said:

Anybody seen this Japanese sub series on Amazon prime The Silent Service?
Watched 2 episodes not sure what's going on or if it's good. I am going to watch the 3 episode tomorrow night. Lots of ships and naval stuff going on for sub lovers. 

But again not sure I like it or not but it's piqued my interest.

image.thumb.png.1c94d4da4f078d4346e7f9062b19a788.png

Haven't seen the live-action version, yet.
I might have seen the first couple of episodes of the anime' version.

The concept of "steal new shiney military toy and declare it to be a new independent nation" seems familiar.

Edited to add:  https://youtu.be/euV4ki99yvk?si=mFrtZQBt-gUDgy5T

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Like 1

Ha... I also watched the first two episodes but I stopped because for some reason the english audio is really really low and I can't understand what they are saying, and there's no Subtitles for the english parts ... and there's a lot of english spoken parts, so I felt I was missing a lot. 

Got some strong "Red October" vibes and also piqued my interest, thanks for reminding me I can watch it on my laptop and use earphones to boost the audio. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Ha... I also watched the first two episodes but I stopped because for some reason the english audio is really really low and I can't understand what they are saying, and there's no Subtitles for the english parts ... and there's a lot of english spoken parts, so I felt I was missing a lot. 

Got some strong "Red October" vibes and also piqued my interest, thanks for reminding me I can watch it on my laptop and use earphones to boost the audio. 

Yea there’s a lot of English spoken did you try turning up the main volume on your computer to. I’m sure you did

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, clammboy said:

Yea there’s a lot of English spoken did you try turning up the main volume on your computer to. I’m sure you did

That's the problem, I was watching on TV and there's some weird thing going on with the TV volume settings. I'm gonna watch it on the computer next time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

That's the problem, I was watching on TV and there's some weird thing going on with the TV volume settings. I'm gonna watch it on the computer next time.

Yes if you have cable that happened to me. Make sure the cable box volume is all the way up then turn up the TV volume that's what worked for me. If the cable box is low to start with you can only turn on the TV so loud but it will still seem low.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, clammboy said:

Yes if you have cable that happened to me. Make sure the cable box volume is all the way up then turn up the TV volume that's what worked for me. If the cable box is low to start with you can only turn on the TV so loud but it will still seem low.

Some of the youtube versions of it offer subtitles.  One of the versions is subtitled in russian, but a person can use the gear icon to change the settings so that the russian is auto-translated to english.
Not perfect.  But readable.

• Like 1

Ok just watched the 3rd episode cant get into this it's pretty bad and pretty badly acted as matter of fact it stinks. Sorry I brought it up I cant watch anymore.

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, clammboy said:

Ok just watched the 3rd episode cant get into this it's pretty bad and pretty badly acted as matter of fact it stinks. Sorry I brought it up I cant watch anymore.

At least you didn't trick yourself into watching "Deep Sea Monster Reigo".  🙂 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_Sea_Monster_Reigo

• Haha 2