Birthday Coupon Discrepancy

Slammer58

Posted (edited)

Just cashed in my Birthday Coupon.  Bought 12,500 doubloons.  While I appreciate the "100% back" coupon, I wouldn't mind the other 125 doubloons.  Anyone else see this when they buy birthday coupon doubloons?  Is it a currency conversion thing??  🤔

image.png.40e54f63b1b914ff8b87ceb64ce37775.png 

Edited by Slammer58
  • Like 1

• Slammer58 changed the title to Birthday Coupon Discrepancy
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Slammer58 said:

Just cashed in my Birthday Coupon.  Bought 12,500 doubloons.  While I appreciate the "100% back" coupon, I wouldn't mind the other 125 doubloons.  Anyone else see this when they buy birthday coupon doubloons?  Is it a currency conversion thing??  🤔

image.png.40e54f63b1b914ff8b87ceb64ce37775.png 

You see, when WG claims '100% back', they don't actually deliver 100% back.

This is a known issue that has been confirmed by WG staff to be working as designed.

It's a great example of EXACTLY how much integrity WG has when making sales pitches.

https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/18fw1oj/birthday_coupon/

Edited by Daniel_Allan_Clark
  • Thanks 2

Yep, that's how it is for everyone, you never get 100%, WG loves to shortchange you.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Slammer58 said:

This is the way these coupons have always worked. The exact wording is important: you receive extra doubloons based on the amount spent, not the value of the item purchased. Each doubloon bundle in the armory has a slight discount applied, so the extra doubloons received is always slightly less than that included in the bundle because the extra doubloons are calculated using the “any amount of doubloons” price.

Basically, you purchased a bundle that contained 12500 doubloons for the price of 12375, a 1% discount. Since the price you paid corresponded to the “a la carte” price of 12375 doubloons, that is what you received as your “100% cash back.”

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

Each doubloon bundle in the armory has a slight discount applied, so the extra doubloons received is always slightly less than that included in the bundle because the extra doubloons are calculated using the “any amount of doubloons” price.

Basically, you purchased a bundle that contained 12500 doubloons for the price of 12375, a 1% discount. Since the price you paid corresponded to the “a la carte” price of 12375 doubloons, that is what you received as your “100% cash back.”

Ah, the conceit of claiming that doubloons have a value as a currency that isnt the price.

This kind of obfuscation should be illegal, IMO.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I remember when that happened to me. I well known WG Apologist twisted himself into a knot trying to make 100% NOT mean 100%.

WG has ZERO shame.

If ANY US retailer did that they would be fined and if they kept it up SHUT DOWN.

When they say 100% they SHOULD give 100% .

I don't care about their obscure definition.

• Thanks 2

Ah.  Thanks all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Ah, the conceit of claiming that doubloons have a value as a currency that isnt the price.

The only “claim” I made (it was more an implication, though) regarding the value of doubloons was that the value of a 12500 doubloon bundle was… 12500 doubloons.

The price of doubloons is in fact variable, though, with different prices per doubloon being assigned to bundles than if they are purchased a la carte. In the OP’s case, 12500 doubloons would cost $50 US in my location if purchased via “any number of doubloons,” while the 12500 doubloon bundle is sold for $49.50. This is a standard marketing tactic to encourage consumers to spend more and is hardly unique to WG.

The coupon functions the exact same way for every item/bundle in the shop: it takes the amount of money spent and uses the more widely applicable “any number of doubloons” price to calculate the “cash back.” While WG could certainly modify the code with special exceptions for these doubloon bundles and I wouldn’t complain, at the same time I can’t bring myself to accuse them of deception in this case, as the coupon does exactly what it says it does.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Slammer58 said:

Just cashed in my Birthday Coupon.  Bought 12,500 doubloons

My question is, 'Why would anyone, knowing what WG is, as an online rapacious game corporation , give any money (these days) to WG? Especially when, even, offered a deal at almost 2:1. Haven't we all learnt our lesson by now? Apparently, not (&, therein lies WG success). WG still finds 'Jacks & Jills' who may buy the 'magic' beans. 😬

Edited by Aethervox
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Aethervox said:

My question is, 'Why would anyone, knowing what WG is, as an online game corporate CHEAT, give any money (these days) to WG? Haven't we all learnt our lesson by now?

It's only a cheat if you don't know it's a cheat. Just like a trap is only a trap if you don't know it's a trap. In... theory, that is anyway....

image.jpeg.1d6a3136ca3b24f8f0c28a9985a8b316.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

It's only a cheat if you don't know it's a cheat. Just like a trap is only a trap if you don't know it's a trap. In... theory, that is anyway....

image.jpeg.1d6a3136ca3b24f8f0c28a9985a8b316.jpeg

When WG intentionally does not tell people about the cheat...it's a cheat.

Intentional omission is deception.

• Like 3