Is there any point to waiting to open normal daily containers?

Tricericon

By "normal" I mean Coal, Signals, and Economic Rewards. Obviously, Supercontainers might have some marginal value in waiting until your premium time runs out.

It used to be that there were collections occasionally that could be filled in by opening daily containers. However, I'm not clear if that's still the case, or if saving containers from before such an event would even help with them if there were. Are collections like that still a thing? Are container contents determined at "award time" or "open time"?

I vaguely remember it being said they are determined at award time but can't be 100 percent sure, so please correct me when necessary.

Collection items (at least for some collections) still drop out of those containers. The one thing to consider is that if there's any premium time in those containers, it starts to run the moment you open the containers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I open my daily containers the day after I earn them. You don't know when the premium time rewards will show up - if you use that time well or not is immaterial. That is just a hook for WG to get you to play more - rather despicable tactic by WG as opposed to WG repairing what they have completely screwed up over time in the game itself.

Edited by Aethervox
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

I vaguely remember it being said they are determined at award time but can't be 100 percent sure, so please correct me when necessary.

They used to be, but it was changed several years ago. Now crate contents are determined when you open them. So there’s no difference between opening when you get them or waiting (as long as the drop tables don’t get changed between those two times, like SCs or Santa crates). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

The only ones I don't open are on my 2nd account and they it currently has 10 crates that award premium time. I only open those when I need it. And just 1 at a time. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tricericon said:

Is there any point to waiting to open normal daily containers?
By "normal" I mean Coal, Signals, and Economic Rewards. Obviously, Supercontainers might have some marginal value in waiting until your premium time runs out.

It used to be that there were collections occasionally that could be filled in by opening daily containers. However, I'm not clear if that's still the case, or if saving containers from before such an event would even help with them if there were. Are collections like that still a thing? Are container contents determined at "award time" or "open time"?

No point in waiting, in my opinion.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Though... they do say that good things come to those who wait.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:
33 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Though... they do say that good things come to those who wait.

These things do not "age" like a fine wine or a good cheese.  😉 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks, all!

• Like 2

There is no advantage to waiting.

• Like 1

I choose only coal containers.  When I get to 100, I open them.  I take a screenshot of what I get.  I do this only for efficiency reasons as I like to track the rewards.  All other containers I open when I get them.

• Like 1