Yuro visits Wisconsin

iDuckman

Yuro never disappoints. Still laughing over one of his funtage episodes i watched recently.

• Like 4

I'm not diving into the Dockyard grind, and I don't have the whale blubber to buy her.  But I would invite to my port if I could. 

• Like 4

The feeling you get when you have those forbidden ships.

• Like 2

He hit the nail on the head regarding those BBs with reload boosters, Bourgogne, Jean Bart and now Wisconsin. They are all very streng and all have the ability to surprise any "gamer turning" BB or cruiser player with a sudden second and third salvo.

Have JB before, cant wait to try Wis in the near future.

• Like 1

I’m a bit surprised that WI released in the state she did considering how conservative WG has been regarding BBs with MBRB (which her funny button mimics) since the two high tier French BBs. Strasbourg is underpowered for a tier VII, Hyuga had her reload buffed very shortly after release (almost as if they had the change ready to roll out in case the nerfs during testing were too much 🤔), and then there’s Picardie…

• Like 1

7 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

He hit the nail on the head regarding those BBs with reload boosters, Bourgogne, Jean Bart and now Wisconsin. They are all very streng and all have the ability to surprise any "gamer turning" BB or cruiser player with a sudden second and third salvo.

Have JB before, cant wait to try Wis in the near future.

Yep.  A well-timed use of the French "reload boost" can make a difference.

The "combat instructions" borrowed from the Pan-American ship lines are another welcome trick to have in one's repertoire, in my opinion.
https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Coronel_Bolognesi

Combat Capability - Consumable Operational Readiness

PanAmCombatInstructions.png
Coronel Bolognesi is equipped with the Consumable Operational Readiness combat instruction, which provides a significant reduction to consumable reload time. It can be activated after repeatedly hitting enemy ships with main battery shells.

Requirements:

Can only be used after hitting enemy ships with any main battery hits.
Required hits per salvo: 1
Progress per action: 3.3%

Effects:

• Consumable preparation and reload time: -75%
  • Action time: 30 seconds

Personally, I'm curious to see if I can welcome the Wisconsin to my Port.  I think that already having the West Virginia '44 will be helpful.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nevermore135 said:

I’m a bit surprised that WI released in the state she did considering how conservative WG has been regarding BBs with MBRB (which her funny button mimics) since the two high tier French BBs. Strasbourg is underpowered for a tier VII, Hyuga had her reload buffed very shortly after release (almost as if they had the change ready to roll out in case the nerfs during testing were too much 🤔), and then there’s Picardie…

I think WG/WOWs had to do some things to take an Iowa up to Tier-10 levels of performance and keep players interested.

The "power-creep" and "large turning circle" and "armor scheme" of the Tier-9 Iowa is fairly well-known and was mentioned by Yuro in his own way.

The Wisconsin may not fire as often as the Illonois, but the Wisconsin's gun projectiles are bigger and can hit harder.

Will the Wisconsin get nerfed in the future?  I wonder.  But, I dont' wonder enough to lose sleep over it.  🙂 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Will the Wisconsin get nerfed in the future?  I wonder.  But, I dont' wonder enough to lose sleep over it.  🙂 

Neither will I, and WG will do what they decide to do. Im also not saying that she is overpowered. I’m simply surprised she wasn’t released in an over-nerfed state like the above-mentioned ships, especially because IMO this:

The "power-creep" and "large turning circle" and "armor scheme" of the Tier-9 Iowa is fairly well-known and was mentioned by Yuro in his own way.

is more than a little exaggerated, per Yuro’s style.

I suspect marketing had their fingers on the scales of this one and she wasn’t given the standard pre-release round of nerfs to avoid reducing the hype.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 2

Dubious. It seems like a ship that might take some skill to play.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I would guess no, since most other somewhat OP/broken ships are mostly un-touched (Jean Bart, Bourgogne, Smolensk, Benham etc) but restricted in that way that you cant get them unless in astronomical chance RNG box. 

I think Wis will be amazing in caple hands but in most hands it will be .... meeh (balanced by playerbase)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

(balanced by playerbase)

😄 
j214c.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=c991aad33a53430